Wednesday 19 April 2023

Spotlight Technique card

 




Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

A beautiful sunny day here yesterday,  quite breezy, I would have gotten a full load of washing done....had I remembered to switch it on 🙄!   I was so frustrated when I went to get it out, I had Soph on standby to help me peg it out, I opened the door to find the dosing ball still sat full of washing liquid and bone dry!   I switched it on and resorted to having a cup of tea with Sophie instead!  By the time it finished it was to overcast for it to dry!  It's now on the airer, Paul will put it and the second load out first thing today,  weather permitting! 

Today's card was a relatively quick card, I am trying to use some of my huge stash of pretty papers!  

This is a version of the 'Spotlight' technique that I have done before.  It works well on monochromatic papers, this one is brown and white so I thought I'd give it a go.  I chose Calypso Coral as my accent colour, I used my Stampin' Blends in 2 shades to colour the flower, (I'm not sure what they are, some look like Tulips).  After colouring I die cut the flower with circle die, then pushed the die cut piece into Versamark ink and added clear embossing powder and heat set. I matted the rest of the paper onto dark brown card and then onto a white base card.  I popped the die cut piece back in and added the sentiment with an accent piece of Calypso Coral card to tie in the colour of the flower, I finished the card with sparkle resin dot. 

I hope that you all have a  'Happy Hump Day', 

Love and huge squishy hugs,

Sandra                                                                      xxxxxx 



7 comments:

  1. morning everyone
    love today's card SANDRA.

    I managed to get to K&N yesterday but I was completely shattered when I got home.

    Busy day here a new washing machine is being delivered sometime and installed so everything will be upside down in the kitchin.They are to ring half an hour before arrivalso I hope that will happen.

    HUGS on their way to you all. Please take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad you managed to get to K&N Janet
    I love your card and forget to do this technique I have MCS CD-ROMs that have both monochromatic papers and matching patterned papers But I like this idea of colouring (who’d have thought!) a piece of already ”patterned/printed” paper I have an Engagement card to finish today - a very simple one and also an appointment with this cocky little upstart GP!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in today.
    What a great card. I love the effect of this spotlight technique, and especially using this beautifully patterned paper. I must have a go at it so will be searching out some suitable patterned paper, of which I have loads to choose from! How annoying that you didn’t get to put the washing out yesterday. I hope your weather is ok today xx
    Janet, I hope all goes well with the delivery and fitting of your new washing machine xx
    We have had sun, clouds and rain then back to sun round and round this morning so no washing on the line here.
    I’m still not feeling great so another quiet day for me. I will try and decide what technique I’m going to do for this challenge. Have a good day. Sending hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Great card, forgotten about this technique. Might have a go after I have got this Thrinchie malaki in order 😊
    Glad you went to the K&N Janet. Do take it easy and rest after the new machine have arrived. Putting things back can be done later.
    Cleared some pots for new flowers for the summer but will wait a bit longer for the ta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops accidentally pressed publish 🤭 what I was just going to say was that the weather is changing again and will get colder, maybe even snow in the north !? Had enough of that. Mum just texted and told me that they have +22 today. Weird weather ☁️
      Hope you feel better soon Sue, take it easy.
      Healing hugs to anyone who needs some. Hugs to you all, Maria 🤗 xx

      Delete
  5. Hello Sandra and Ladies,
    THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR YOUR UNENDING INSPIRATION, You really are great for keeping my grey matter stimulated xx
    Janet I hope your washing machine arrives sooner rather later, it turns your day upside down waiting for a delivery, I know you will have half an hours notice but in the meantime it’s difficult to settle down and get on with anything. Fingers crossed you will not have to wait too long. xx
    Sue sorry you are still not feeling to good, don’t put pressure on yourself your health is the most important thing, everything else will still be there when you are feeling better xx
    Granddaughter and dog are popping over later, she came home just over a week ago from Leeds, around the Nottingham area her car broke down, she had recovery fortunately. To cut a long story short she is still at home but returning to Leeds tomorrow. So we will get to see her before she goes back and that’s always a bonus.
    Sending hugs to everyone, take care, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    Absolutely love your card today and such a great technique 😍 The papers are lovely.
    Home from work today with another headache! Was hoping to craft
    but really don’t feel up to it.
    Sandra, I’ve forgotten to turn the washing machine on before, then wondered why it wasn’t working. Once I didn’t even put the liquid in, so had to do a wash again!
    Janet, I hope your machine has been delivered and installed ready for its first wash.
    Karen, hope your appointment goes ok.
    Sue, hope you’re feeling better soon.
    Maria, your pots will look lovely once planted up, but I’m like you waiting for the better weather in case we have some more frosts!
    Brenda, have a lovely time with your Grandaughter.
    Lilian, hope you’re ok.
    Enjoy the rest of the day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete