Saturday 29 April 2023

Mixed Up Saturday

 



Good Saturday Morning My lovely Friends, 

What do you all have planned for this weekend, garden jobs, family get together or maybe a bit of crafting?

We have a free weekend and as yet we have no particular plans, apart from potting on seedlings and maybe planting out a couple of perennials that we bought a couple weeks ago, they definitely need bigger pots, I also want to sow some mixed salad leaves as thats something we use a lot of.  Now talking of gardens I had a very close call yesterday!  I was mear minutes away from exposing myself to the blooming landlord, my wetroom is opposite our backdoor, the door was open as the cats were in the garden enjoying the sun.  I had just finished my shower and had a towel on my head and was holding the bath sheet that barely but not fully covers my "more than ample bosom ", Milo came dashing through the back door and made me jump and I lost grip of my towel, so I made my way to our bedroom a little flustered with my bum now on show!  When I walked past the kitchen window on route to bedroom I saw The Landlord poking about in the garden, Paul was at his desk, came dashing in when I let out a shocked squeal "oh bloody hell NO" !  I said why didn't you shout through and warn me or bring my bath robe, he replied that he had no idea as he hadn't knocked on the door to ask if it was Ok for him to go into the garden.  I mean our back garden is really private, not really overlooked so you dont have to worry about looking in your windows/doors etc.  He didn't hang around to explain what it was he had to visit unannounced to check on, OR did he run away, scarred for life at seeing my bare bum or worse ????

On a brighter note I wanted to share with you some of the beautiful tulips we planted last Autumn.












I have never seen Tulips as gorgeous as these, they have so many layers of petals they can't support the weight of the petals and tend to droop downwards, some of those gorgeous yellow ones are slightly tinged with red on the very edge of the petals, some have a green tinge.  The pale creamy ones were shaped more like daffodils but with more petals, the red ones are in the little bed that runs along the drive way.  The Forget-me-nots and that other Cretan or Star tulip  with the lilac outer petal and vibrant yellow centre and the primroses are all in the front woodland like border.   There is always something to look at in the garden, something to make you smile. 

We have a log by the garage door that had the most amazing fungus growing out of it, its changing and growing all the time and is fascinating but not pretty to look at....




Its beautiful in its own kind of way I guess  I love the almost lacy edges. 

Lilian's Spring Flowers




Lilian your borders are so beautiful full of Bluebells and bright red tulips, even after the wind and rain. Your Clematis has so many flowers it looks incredible, I don't think I've seen one with that many flowers!  Thank you so much for braving the weather to take a photo or two for us XXX.


Brenda's Garden 





Brenda's lovely garden, I love your beautiful Statue Brenda even more special that she was a gift from your girls x

Brenda's Description:

The statue was a gift from the girls, I really love it. 
She has a wire around her neck (no she isn’t committing Harry Carr) it’s to stop her falling and getting broken. She is tucked in close to the arch which is covered with a wisteria and looks beautiful when in full bloom. XXX


We have quite a few clumps of bluebells, they seem to thrive in our soil.

These are pots on the patio that. The mirror reflects the image, keeps it interesting. The metal poppies were a gift at Easter, I popped them into the soil, just another interesting thing to look at.

This was a plant given to me a few weeks ago, I have sat it in a large pot.

This tub was planted last weekend, I’m keeping the colour theme lilac/purple in that area.

Thank you so much for sharing your garden Brenda, the mirror is such a clever feature as it really does make the garden look bigger.  XXX

My Pinterest Boards


This one is Journal pages


This one is also journal pages



Cards made with different backgrounds,  including Alcohol inks.


Cards made with Dainty Flowers stamp and papers


More inky backgrounds and stamped cards


This board was cards featuring circles inspiration.


Card-io stamped cards inspiration board.



These two are Thrinchie inspiration!

Just a few of my boards, I have plenty to choose from, I have loads of food boards too, more than I thought.  My problem for the challenge will be which type of card or project to try !!  I am tempted to go for some Thrinchies. 

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend, 

Love and hugs as always,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 



6 comments:

  1. All of your gardens are beautiful We have a few bluebells but nothing as grand as you others
    We’re out for a meal with some friends tonight (no cooking yay!) but that’s it apart from a bowls match tomorrow Phone is about to die Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Sandra you have some beautiful tulips in your garden and quite a few other very lovely flowers. Lilian your garden looks beautiful and the clematis is gorgeous. Our garden is an eclectic mix of finds. I have three cast iron wheels painted blue in one area and an assortment of small garden ornaments dotted around amongst the plants and shrubs.
    Sandra I love the Pinterest boards, so many great ideas to inspire you.
    I hope you are all having a good weekend, take care Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love the quote 😉 Only the other day I was looking for my tweezers which I’d used only moments before! I eventually found them in a different compartment of my pen/brush holder 😂
    I love all of your gardens with their beautiful flowers. Our lilac is only just opening, but I’m determined to get more colour in our garden this year.
    Thank you for sharing some of your Pinterest boards. I have loads too so I shouldn’t have any trouble finding something to do 😊
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Wonderful flowers in your gardens already ladies, so beautiful. I haven't got much of colours yet but went to Frost this morning and it was lovely in the sunshine and very tempting to buy some new ones for the pots but we are having the patio proper cleaned in a few weeks and going away at end of m May so will wait until we are back.
    Lovely ideas for next two weeks. I also have lots of Pinterest pins so if body lets me I will do my best , it has been a few tough days.
    Many hugs are being sent to you all. Take care. Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, great saying, I usually have so much clutter on my table.

    Love your tulips, I didn’t do any pots this year, yours look beautiful

    I have been all day trying to do a piece for this weeks challenge, but everything ended in the bin, feel bad letting Sandra down when she spends so much time on the blog. Will try and do better this week.
    Big hugs to you all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all looking in.
    Great saying. I couldn’t find my headphones the other day …..again! After looking everywhere I asked Chris if he had seen them and his reply was “They are on your head you dappy mare”
    We both laughed until we almost cried!!!
    Sandra, I am so lucky that I get to enjoy your garden too. Each week there is something new to look at, smell etc. I don’t remember seeing those stunning yellow tulips anywhere let alone in your garden. So many layers, they are gorgeous. Have a good day tomorrow my lovely xx
    Lilian and Brenda you both have lovely gardens too. It’s so nice to all of the different plants and colours. I’m a very lazy gardener but really need to add some splashes of colour this year.
    Thank you all for sharing all of the beautiful photos xx
    We have been to Warwick castle today with Tim, Roz etc and had a great time. Now in bed😏
    Sending love and hugs to you all. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete