Friday 7 April 2023

Good Friday Wishes

 


Good Friday Morning Ladies, 

I hope today finds you all as well as can be expected,  the weather for us is actually Ok up until Monday, then the heavens open for the whole day, typical Bank Holiday weather.  

What do you all have planned this long weekend?  

Lilian I do hope your pain eases my lovely,  please don't worry about commenting when you are low, I don't know what I would do without my amazing Blog family on my bad days,  you lovely ladies give me the strength and encouragement to get up and get on, I would like to do the same for you.  We can't physically take pain away but having someone to talk to when you are feeling fragile is a very valuable life line.  You know I check the blog in the morning (when my eyes start working 🥸 and at night before I go to sleep, because you are all on my mind.  Both Brenda & Janet and most of you at some point will testify what a persistent pain in the bum I am if I am worried about you, Janet's daughter probably thought I was crazy when I contacted her!  I just want you to feel comfortable enough to let us know that you are struggling so that we can support you.  Sending you big squishy hugs 🥰😘

You know I like to look back at blogs 'this time last year' , well we must have had a rotten Easter last year as we had Covid, Soph tested positive on Good Friday 22 !   Thankfully, no signs of that this year,  although Lucy came home from work yesterday as she was feeling poorly, she has a rotten cold/Flu symptoms, hopefully it clears up before her holiday next weekend.  

Karen, it sounds like you have a lovely weekend planned,  very busy and very exciting,  which show are you going to see? You must be so excited,  you get to do some shopping too!  Will you be having a quiet Anniversary on Monday aftet a busy Sunday? I love London, the atmosphere is amazing but goodness me it's exhausting!  XXX 

Our 'Cards that would work for a Man' Challenge continues for another week, I hope you are all ok with that. 

However you are spending the weekend,  be it with family or friends or a quiet one like us, I hope that it is enjoyable, I think Paul is just looking forward to 4 days without work! 

Sending my love and huge hugs to ALL of you,

Sandra                                                                        xxxxxx 


6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Happy Good Friday 😊
    A little frosty here this morning, but dry and bright. I think our forecast is the same, nice up until Monday.
    It will be a quiet weekend here. Mark going away today until Sunday, doing a couple of gigs. The boys will be doing their own thing, and I’ll be doing more crafting - after the housework! 😊
    I hope Lucy is feeling better soon and gets over her cold before their holiday.
    I remember when you said you had all gone done with covid - where has that year gone?!
    Lilian, I hope you’re ok. We are always here if you need to talk 🥰
    Karen, have a wonderful weekend, sounds like it’s going to be fun.
    Brenda, glad yesterday went well. Take it easy.
    Maria, I had a little chuckle when you said your SIL’s was like Fawlty Towers ☺️ I hope you had a nice time though.
    Janet, hope you’re ok and feeling better.
    Sue, enjoy your weekend.
    Have a lovely day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra and all looking in on Good Friday.
    It was lovely to spend time with you yesterday. Did you make any more backgrounds my lovely? I hope Lucy feels better soon xx
    Lilian, we are all here for you during hard times as well as the good ones. Just a line is all that you need to write but please remember all of our love and support is always around you xx
    Maria, we are still waiting to see who is staying this weekend but chocolate will be shared whoever turns up 🥰 And yes, that includes you if you can make it 😘
    We have had an emotional few days. Gem had two interviews and was offered both jobs, one of which for a role the company have made specifically for her as they were so impressed by her. That is the one she went for after a lot of pros and cons lists. Then Tim and Roz told us they have been asked to relocate are up to Leeds by their boss, who will among other benefits cover ALL costs as they don’t want to loose either Tim or Roz. It is such a great opportunity for them that after much debating their pros and cons they have said yes. It’s a good job Chris likes driving 🥹🥹 Have a lovely day everyone. Sending hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. morning everyone
    Nothing planned for the week-end here.
    I am banned from 'swearing' today so I will be comfy in my chair; feet up and trying not to see the jobs which need doing.
    I did manage to get a call through to the surgery yesterday but was too late for an appointment as they were 'full'. It will be Tuesday now before I can try again. Whatever has happened to our 'normal' need to see a doctor.
    I will look for a 'throwback' man card as I still haven't been in my craftroom this week.

    HUGS on their way with loads of extras for all Dear Friends not feeling up to the mark. Please take care and stay safe. I hope the Easter Bunny visits with beautiful chocs.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SANDRA Your blog is a real comfort to me too We’re all here to help one another I’m thinking of you Lilian Janet and Brenda
    I had a phone call out of the blue from my GP yesterday which left me feeling upset and angry I’ve come to the conclusion that although he appears to be helpful he’s also a cocky little upstart!
    The show we are going to see is “Ain’t Too Proud” I love Motown and this play is about The Temptations
    Enjoy your “free” weekend Sonia As much as I love OH It’s nice to have a break I have struggled to find a few minutes to make him an anniversary card without him disturbing me!
    Have a lovely day Enjoy the chocolate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi and good Friday to you all.
    I wish you all a nice weekend whatever you be doing and Karen enjoy the show and your anniversary. Hope you managed to get a card together. I have the same problem with OH as he is snooping around. It is his birthday on Thursday. Playing today to get a man card together and was nearly finished and got a black mark in the middle of it all, oh I could have cried 😔 but I quickly turned it over and did it again and will now finish it off tomorrow 😀 for now I'm going to start cooking the dinner and a sponge for after. OH went to Lidl this morning but he didn't bring any chocolate 🤭
    Many hugs to you all, Maria xx 🐇🐇🐇

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Sending you all my very best wishes for Easter I hope you are all well and enjoying the very special time. Tomorrow we are going to daughters in Essex, younger daughter is picking us up so John doesn’t need to drive. We would have gone on Sunday but Ciara has a trial for a job in a Pub on Sunday, she is quite looking forward to the experience and of course the money! Fingers crossed it works out for her.
    Maria I hope you get lots of chocolates for Easter, our younger daughter loves and needs chocolate frequently, I can live without it but a bag of soft jelly sweets or jelly babies is my favourite. xx
    Karen, Happy anniversary enjoy and the show, sending my best wishes to you both Have a lovely weekend. XX
    I have been taking life easy today the discomfort I had yesterday has gone, I am able to breathe deeply (and cough) without any shooting pain, life can only get better. XX
    I hope you are having a good day and looking forward to the weekend, take care and stay safe. Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete