Sunday 2 April 2023

Our Simple Background Challenge Projects

 








Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

Well Ladies,  Paul and I popped to our nearest (expensive) garden centre yesterday afternoon as I just wanted a couple of parsley plants, I could not believe the flooding,  I knew it had rained but my goodness the river was across three huge farmers fields 


This was last time it flooded, a few weeks ago after all the snow etc, it is currently over the red lifebuoy on the willow tree !!!


Just for comparison this is the same tree and the river Thames at its usual level.  

The roads have so much standing water too  the ground is so boggy and water logged it has nowhere to go.  The Wildlife park limited its tickets this weekend too, they have a tarmac car park that fits around 300 cars, the parking then goes onto an overflow car park which is in a field,  bearing in mind they have thousands of visitors,  but they couldn't use the field as cars would have got stuck,  added to the fact that Reggie is very precious about his grass!! 

Today Paul is hoping to do a few garden jobs, depending on the weather of course, I need to tidy my craft room as I had a marathon card making session on Thursday,  I got so stressed over a card Lucy asked me to make that I didn't finish it till after 10pm!!  I was dying on my feet, it's taken me the last couple days to recover!  I daren't share the photo of my desk!!! Nothing much planned other than that, I hope that you are all having a more exciting one!  

Let's look at all the cards you made for Karen's 'Simple Background' Challenge.... ( i will only add Description of this weeks makes) 


Karen 










Karen's Description:

Here’s a very simple background - 5 embossed lines, Which I turned into this Looks so much better in real life.

A shame it doesn’t show as much in the photo
Used SW poinsettia and Tim Holtz foliage I used a Craftipotential sentiment heat embossed in gold.

Karen I love your gorgeous clean and simple embossed background, those poinsettias look like they are velvet!! The colour is gorgeous too.

What a varied selection of cards from the past couple of weeks, all with super simple, yet very effective backgrounds.
Thank you so much for suggesting Challenge and for the lovely cards you made for it too XXX



Lilian 







Lilian's Description:

 Here is my card for this week. Stamp is stampin up wild flower meadow. Die cuts are Tim Holtz wild flowers stems 1. Background is ecoline pens.

Lilian the background you have created with your Ecoline pens is stunning!!! It's so bright and vibrant and works perfectly with the other products you have used.  You have really inspired me to try my Ecolines for backgrounds.

I can really see how much you have enjoyed this challenge, your cards are amazing.  Thank you so much XXX 

Maria










Maria's Description:  

I used a stencil by Sweet Dixie - Retro Bubbles and some Cracked Pistachio
Distress Ink. Happy Birthday in the same colour.   
Hope you like it.

Maria I love your latest card, that stencil is so 'retro '  it reminds me of sixties fashion!!  Cracked Pistachio is such a lovely colour, the sentiment works perfectly too.

What an Incredible display of cards Maria, all simple backgrounds but the finished cards are fantastic,  thank you so much for supporting the challenge my lovely XXX 

Sonia
















Sonia's Description:

Card 1:  I spritzed some watercolour card with the Lavinia mystical mica sprays - unfortunately the picture doesn’t show the sparkle! I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment (can’t remember the brand) and die cut some stars.

Card 2:  My attempts at the die cut printing didn’t turn out too well, so I actually stamped with the metal die and printed. I used a Memory Box die. Sentiment to be added.

Card 3:  I stamped a Wow Embossing stamp with Tumbled Glass and Shaded Lilac distress oxides, spritzing with water before stamping. The ‘Hugs’ die is BirchPress Designs, butterfly by Tim Holtz and sentiment from The Stamp Market.

Wow Sonia!  3 fantastic cards, 3 completely different looks too, they are all so lovely,  those new Mists from Lavinia give amazing coverage,  more than i thought, I loce those 2 colours together and what you did with the card, it would make a great mam card too. 
Your die cut printing hadms given you a beautifully subtle background,  such a pretty colour too.
Card 3 is a real Sonia card, I has 'your' butterfly,  Kraft card and an amazing sentiment,  I love tbat background too!  

You have given us a huge variety of cards, journal pages and covers for this Challenge Sonia, thank you so much XXX

Sue




Some lovely cards,  a with perfectly simple Backgrounds Sue, that circular sentiment die is so versatile,  it works as well on a Masculine card as it does on a girly card with a simple piece of lace around it.  Two beautiful flower cards too.  Thank you so much my lovely XXX 

Janet



Janet's Description:

The card is made using everything from LABLANCHE 'LILAC' KIT. The little flowers are also LABLANCHE and made from Newspaper.

Such a pretty LaBlanche card Janet, the girl looks so angelic, a simple yet stunning design.
I added another of your cards that had a simple embossed background that looks anything but simple when embellished with a few bits and pieces.  Thank you so much my lovely for sharing your card, I hope you are soon feeling up to crafting again soon XXX

Brenda



Brenda's cards from a couple weeks ago, that stunning poppy card couldn't have a simpler background design but my goodness that lightly coloured square draws your eye in and frames the poppy border perfectly.
The same goes for those adorable girls, the perfectly inked frame just highlights both of those gorgeous, perfectly coloured girl stamps.
It's so lovely to see you crafting again Brenda, thank you so much for sharing your cards XXX

*****************************

Ladies I know I say it every week but look at that incredible display of artwork, all completely different representations of the same theme!! You are all amazing and I love you all dearly ❤🧡💛

Have an amazing Sunday, 

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

5 comments:

  1. Oh ladies I don’t know what to say
    Amazing amazing cards and journal pages Lots of techniques to inspire me too
    After doing a couple of crafty jobs I was exhausted Long story but in a nutshell the infusion set of my insulin pump decided to break leaving my blood sugars off the scale and potentially dangerous high ketone levels The company weren’t answering the phone so they’ve had a stinking email
    Today will definitely be a rest day
    I hope the weather improves wherever you are Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    Oh what a bumber bundle of craftiness this week. It's always such a pleasure to start Sunday looking at beautiful cards with a cup of coffee. Each and everyone a piece of art. Thank you SANDRA for showing a throw back card for me as an extra.

    Its going to be a very quiet day for me.I came back from M&S yesterday morning not feeling too good and continued the day in the same theme. I am so frustrated at not being able to get into my craft room which is my 'calm' space. It will be another morning tomorrow trying to get in touch with the surgery.

    HUGS to you all. Have a good day; stay safe and take

    care.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    A lovely selection of beautiful cards today, thank you for sharing them all 😊
    I hope you’re all ok, taking it easy and having a good day.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Fantastic selections of CC's ladies. I love them all !!
    It was fun making them but like you Sandra , no one want to see the state of the craft desk 😂
    Have been in zombie land today so just taken it easy. Sending many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    What a lovely selection of cards today all so different and all so gorgeous. Ladies I LOVE all of your cards. xx
    We have had daughter, granddaughter and Frankie the dog here today. it’s been lovely, granddaughter is now on school holiday, mock exams on her return to school and next year GCSE’s if that’s what they are still called. So she has a lot of revision to do. xx
    Hope your day has been a good one. Take care everyone and stay safe and well. Love .Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete