Sunday 9 April 2023

Happy Easter & Your Challenge Projects

 







Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you all are having a lovely Easter weekend with your family, ours has been really quiet as the girls have been working and the park stays open every day except Christmas day, so no days off for them this weekend.  We had a very early start yesterday, we were up and out for 6am to get to Heathrow for 7.30am, we made it in time Becca & Adam were waiting for us,  we did have a laugh though, Adam was explaining how long the flight had taken and how confusing it was that they set off on Friday evening at 7pm and their combined flight times were 16 hours but it had taken then 48 hours (in his mind), he said its going to be tiring as we are back at work tomorrow,  so I said "oh that was bad planning,  going back in on a busy Easter Sunday "  he said "No its Bank Holiday Monday tomorrow "  we said no it is 100 % Saturday today, he looked at us in disbelief,  then checked his phone and you could see the moment it clicked, Becca said we totally believed it was Sunday today, we arranged to pick up Benji on Sunday,  so I'm not sure where he'll be today, after a couple of phone calls they were sorted and were excited that they had an excited that they had an extra day off.  They were ao excited to tell us all about their holiday, so many gorgeous photos to look at too.

Not much planned today,  Roast Lamb later on, for 5 of us, hope to do a bit in  garden too.  

Lets look at your Challenge cards so far....

Your Challenge Projects 

Janet



Janet kindly shared a couple of 'throw back ' cards for inspiration this week as she still hasn't had the energy to get back to her craft desk.  
I have my fingers tightly crossed that you feel up to getting back in there my lovely.   Thank you so much for taking time to search for cards to inspire us my lovely XXX 


Karen 

Karen's Description:

Here’s a challenge card 

I found a couple of sheets of Topsy Turvy card - remember that? And used Sue W die and embossing folder.

I do remember Topsy Turvy card,  I didn't have any though, I'm surprised you have any left !  I love that colour though 😍  Such a useful die, so easily changed to feminine card by change of colour too, I might look out for that embossing folder,  I love the style of the stars,  you could use it for so many occasions.  

Thank you for taking part Karen XXX 


Lilian 



Lilian's Description: 

Here is my card for this week:

I used a Lavinia stencil, inked with pear pizzazz and bundled sage.

Stamps are all stampin up : high tide, little bird    Butterfly basics, fern   An open heart , bird.

Stamped with black ink. Coloured with my new pens.

Wow Lilian that background is stunning,  you would think it was patterned paper, created with the stencil and pear pizzazz ink!  That stamped bird is one of my favourites as is the fern stamp you ha e used around the bird.  Your new pens have coloured that bird perfectly.

Thank you so much for taking part XXX 


Maria








Maria's Description: 


1.  Dies and Flowers used from SW. Stamp from stash.
2   and 3. Circles dies cut in half and then laid back in a different
     shape. Idea from Pinterest .Card 2 got a smudge of course so 
     a couple of little flowers helped me out Emoji
4.  This is a card I saw from a Stamp Creative Magazine when
     using post it notes to make the different areas to stamp in.
     I followed it some but also did my own bits, not sure I like that...

Oh Maria you have been busy, what an amazing collection of cards, I love them all, especially the last one, its so different,  such a clever idea,  I  definitely going to have a go at it, thank you for inspiring me my lovely friend. 
Thank you for supporting the challenge too XXX

Sonia







Sonia's Description:  

Card 1:  I used the foil background from our day crafting together, using one of your dies ☺️ Added some Lavinia star stamps, and the sentiment stamp from KaiserCraft.

Card  2: I used a brush stroke stamp from Gummiapan for the background adding the star stamps from SugarPea designs. The ‘You’ die and ‘Rock’ stamp are also SugarPea. The guitar die is from  Britannia and stamped sentiments from The Stamp Market.

Card 3 & 4:  Inspired by you 😍 I’ve used the Gummiapan brushstroke stamp, and added foiled sentiments from Spellbinders. The gold sentiment on the white card, foiled on vellum, had quite a bit of under foiling, but I really liked the distress look of it 😊

Omg!! What an amazing collection of cards Sonia, you are so inspirational,  your cards are all so different despite the fact that have same basic stamp set, I'd never have thought that was the brushstrokes behind the guitar,  what a brilliant background!  I love the last two cards, particularly the Kraft one, those foiled vellum sentiments work so well, the fact that the under foiled one looks 'distressed' makes it fit brilliantly on that card, I would have probably binned it. But on that card it looks like it was designed that way.

Thank you so much for 4 amazing cards XXX


Sue


Sue's Description:  

A quick card made using a Stampin up punch and one of their gorgeous wood dsp. The stamped sentiment is from Honey Doo crafts I believe xx

Oh Sue, it turned out great, you must be so pleased with it,  now I have that label punch out of the cupboard I will use it myself,  I forgot how much i liked the shape!  Tidying things away isn't a helpful thing at times!!  I need everything on display.  Thank you so much my lovely XXX 


************************

Ladies thank you so much for the incredible gallery above ❤

I hope that you all have an amazing Sunday, 

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 





6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Happy Easter 🐣🐥
    Glad Becca and Adam had a wonderful time, and have the bonus of an extra day off 😊 Think they’ll definitely need it after the long flight.
    So many beautiful cards today. They’re all very inspiring, and lovely to have them to look back on when ‘struggling’ with those difficult to do masculine cards ☺️
    Another quiet one today. Not sure what time Mark will be home, but I’ll be crafting and watching tv.
    Have a lovely day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning everyone and happy Easter 🐣 Sunday 🌞.
    Fabulous challenge cards on the blog today. I love them all.
    Have been invited to Sister in laws oldest daughter for the day , was meant to be together at x-mas but didn't happen so be nice to see them.
    Have a nice day everyone. Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards ladies Such great inspiration
    That EF SANDRA is a Christmas one but can’t remember the name It’s A4 size so very handy
    I did laugh over Becca and Adam getting their times confused
    The show Ain’t Too Proud was wonderful If you’re a Motown/Temptations fan I can thoroughly recommend it
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in today.
    Fabulous cards ladies. So much inspiration. I don’t remember Topsy Turvy card. Maybe it was around before I started crafting, even though it feels like I have done it for ever 😃 Is it a make or type of card?
    Glad that Becca and Adam are home safe and sound. Not surprised they had got muddled up on which day it was. Lucky that they had today to recover.
    A lazy stroll around a boot sale this morning where I bought 3 Sainsbury boxes, along with 2 lids. If you have any of these you will know just how useful they are. They were sold years ago and the ones we have had been taken all over the country and used for carrying food shopping, soaking twisted ankles, apple bobbing and used as camp tables among many other things. I wish you could still buy them new as they are brilliant. Gem knew what I wanted straight away when I spotted them at the back of a stall. The simple things please me 😁
    Enjoy the rest of the day and the bank holiday tomorrow everyone. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello all, it’s been very cold here today, with rain this evening.
    Just been wrestling with my king size duvet cover, wish there was an easier way of putting the clean one on.

    The cars are really amazing, such different styles. Love them all.
    I have manage to clear my table, I make such a mess just making one card. Ready to start this weeks challenge.
    Hope you all have a lovely bank holiday tomorrow. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Sorry I didn’t get in yesterday, daughter picked us up early and drove us to Essex, it was lovely spending time with the family, two of the grandchildren were not able to come but it was great seeing all the others plus daughters and their husbands, by the time we got back home I was absolutely exhausted. But it has been such a lovely day. xx
    I love all of today’s challenge cards, ladies you have really worked hard to make such a fantastic display.xx
    Pleased Becca and Adam arrived back in the UK safely, poor things their body clock was really playing tricks on them. I’m sure by now they are back in the same time zone as everyone else.
    Sleep well everyone, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete