Saturday 8 April 2023

Mixed Up Saturday

 






Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you all had a great day yesterday,  I kept thinking it was Saturday,  I started writing todays blog post thinking it was Sunday, the good thing that came out of it was that that I made a start on Sundays post, so less work for today, which is a good because my brain is struggling from the early start to our day, alarm went off at 5am ready to leave for 6 am to drive to Heathrow!  

Karen's Spiderman Cake




Karen was asked to make a Spiderman themed cake for Charlie's birthday.   Karen it turned out so well, those cobweb lines are so neat, mine would have been all over the place.  To think you were feeling so unwell when you made this makes it even more amazing,  I would have seen the look on Charlie's face when he saw it.   Thank you so much for sharing it with us. XXX

I thought you might like to see a few photos of her trip to Bali, the scenery looks breathtaking,  I would love to go but Becca said its very hilly and uneven everywhere.  

Becca's Bali Trip



This was day 1, they got up at 2 am to climb a volcano to watch the sun rise. By the way how much does Becca's Adam ( left) look like his twin Ross, I mean I know they are twins but I would 100% never to tell them apart! 




Views from one of the many temples,  they provide sarongs for modesty.  She said the atmosphere was incredible and the views were breathtaking. 



Bathing in the Holy waters in one of the Temples


The beaches were ao beautiful, so is my girl ! 52


More beautiful scenery,  Becca said that she was just blown away by how beautiful the whole area was, she did say that there was a lot of litter everywhere though. 



Swimming with turtles at Turtle point,  this one Becca's favourite day.



This was the best way to get around apparently!  



This was the view from one ofthe villas they stayed at. 



Swimming at a stunning waterfall.  

Becca said that this has been the most incredible holiday, definitely tops any others she has had. ❤


Creative Stamping Magazine 
Issue 120



This months issue features a stamp set featuring Frida Khalo.


Lou Withers shares some Mixed Media projects made using the free stamps.



Some pretty cards all made using the traditional elements of the stamp set. Its butterfly card is clever as they have masked off the butterfly before stamping and used it to create two lovely cards.






This feature is all about the combination of Brushos and the emboss resist technique.  I am definitely going to be playing with this technique. 




Some lovely cards here, made using the mostly solid stamps in the set, using Tone on Tone embossing,  not something that I have thought of doing,  I don't have many coloured embossing powders either.



Rachel is sharing the versatility of a stamp set by sharing different ways of using the individual stamps.


Finally Glenda shows you that you don't have to create complex designs to appreciate a stamp set, her cards are simple by design but create quite an impact. 

Ladies I am always totally honest with you and so I have to say that this issue was not for me, I am clearly not Stylish enough to appreciate the artwork.  I just don't find the images appealing, I wouldn't use them at all, luckily as I subscribe to this magazine I get it quite early so I was able to se it straight away on Facebook and didn't end up out of pocket.  You ladies might live these images, which is why I did the review for you. I do like some of the techniques though,  I am definitely going ro try Brushos technique. 

*************

Shopping 

Sonia bought a couple of stencils from Clarity, I love the designs and can't and can't wait to see what you create with them.  Thank you so much for sharing your shopping with us XXX

****************

Ladies I hope you all have an enjoyable Saturday,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra 
xxxxxx



5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone.
    Love the quote, that’s why we keep hold of everything….just in case! 😉
    Wow, the photos of Becca and Adam’s holiday look amazing. Such a fantastic experience. 😊 Safe journey picking them up xx
    Karen, your Spider-Man cake is fantastic, I bet Charlie’s face lit up when he saw it 😊
    Great magazine review with some good articles. I agree with you about the free stamps, not my cup of tea either, although the sentiments are nice.
    I was inspired by a card on Pinterest by Eileen Godwin, to buy the stencils. I will say though that I waited nearly 2 weeks for them to arrive, which is disappointing after paying £3.99 postage! But I’m looking forward to playing with them 😊
    Have a lovely day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great saying - I recently discovered my stash of black gloss card and haven’t stopped using it
    Fabulous photos of Becca’s trip
    I was pleased with the cake The blue icing was a different brand to the red and was very difficult to handle I did explain to daughter that the join needed to be at the back when she put on the decorations but ….
    I used a black food pen to draw the web I had to hold my breath whilst I did it Your shopping looks interesting Sonia I should make more use of the stencils I own and forget to get them out
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, lovely and sunny ,but a really cold wind.

    Great saying, sums my stash up to a t.
    Karen your cake is fantastic, I imagine you had many oohs over it.

    Agree with you about the stamps from the magazine, not too my taste at all.

    Love your stencils Sonia, I love using stencils they are my favourite tools.
    Hope you’re all having a lovely holiday, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    The quote is very true.
    Nice stencils Sonia. Looking forward to see what you make.
    Wowser Karen. The cake looks amazing, sure it tasted nice too.
    Thanks for the magazine review but as you say, not stamps that I would use either. The photos from Rebecca's holiday look wonderful. Shame it is so far to go. Hope the pick-up went well.
    Hope you all have a nice day. Many hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Great saying. Definitely true for me 🤭
    Lovely photos of Becca and Adam. He really is identical to his twin isn’t he. At a group family camp a few years ago us leaders forgot to tell the parents that one of our helpers, who wasn’t known by all of the parents had his identical twin camping with us too( they had the same coats too) There were lots of very confused people walking around until we overheard a conversation about “Who is that man who gets everywhere so quickly?” and “Don’t know him but he keeps swapping his hat!” We then put them out of their confusion 🤣Sandra I hope you have a nice lie in tomorrow to make up for your early start today xx
    Karen, Charlie’s cake is fantastic. I bet he loved it and I’m sure Oscar did too. I hope you are proud of yourself xx Chris does the cake decorating, I do not have the patience.
    Brenda, so glad you are feeling the benefit of the drain. Hope you all had a lovely day together xx
    Sonia, great stencils, they will be used over and over won’t they. But what a long delivery time and not cheap either, especially from an English company. Certainly makes you think twice about ordering from them. Xx
    Maria, Janet and Lilian. I hope you all have a nice weekend. Enjoy any chocolate the Easter bunny brings to you. 😃 xx
    I had a very lazy morning then did a bit of gardening with Gem doing the majority of the work.
    A beautiful day here and tomorrow is meant to be the same so depending how I feel Gem and I will take a stroll around a local car boot sale to see if we can find any bargains. Sending love and hugs to you all. Take care.

    ReplyDelete