Thursday 27 April 2023

Negative Ink Layering Technique

 




Good Morning Ladies,

These temperatures aren't feeling very 'Spring ' like are they?  I remember back in the first lockdown the girls were sun bathing  in the garden in April, no chance of that this year!  We still haven't been able to put our plants outside let alone take any layers off!  

Today's card was made using the 'Negative Ink layering' technique.
You start by stamping an image onto a piece of white  card, it could be a flower, leaves even a butterfly as long as its easy to mask off! 
You then need to create a mask and use it to cover the stamped image, I used Distress Inks to add colour to the background,  starting with Worn Lipstick Distress ink, you then add a stencil over the card (leaving your image masked off), I used Carved Pumpkin over a Hessian Stencil, then Picked Raspberry of the Clarity leafy stencil, its hard to see the the first stencil but I have zoomed in on it here.

The final step is to peel off the mask, leaving your stamped image or focal point as the 'Negative space'!   I then added a preprinted sentiment on a black mat to finish the card. 

This is a fun technique especially if you don't enjoy colouring in your stamped images. 

I hope that you all have a fun Thursday, 

Love & Hugs to all of you,

Sandra 
xxxxxx


6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    A lovely card today, and technique. I’ve never tried this before, so will be having a go. Fingers crossed it turns out better than all my attempts at anything yesterday - most of which ended up in the bin!
    The weather certainly isn’t as warm as what it has been in previous years. I had a Facebook memory come up the other day when we were in Wales. I remember packing all winter and wet weather clothes and it ended up being really hot, we were walking around in tee shirts!
    Hope everyone is well, and has a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. morning everyone
    The way the weather is going we won't be getting a Spring this year. We also had a cold day yesterday though no rain. At least the cherry trees are in flower in the garden.
    The old saying of 'neer cast a clout til May is out' will be very true this year.
    I still haven't been near my craft room as all my energy seems to have flown.

    HUGS to you all. Please take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card and technique I will be trying it at some point
    The weather has been sunny but very cold At bowls yesterday we kept our jumpers and coat on!
    We’re going to a silent Salsa disco tonight It’s the start of some fund raising activities for Cancer Research There will be 3 tracks playing all of the time - Salsa, Bachata and Kizomba It will be fun watching and guessing who’s dancing to what
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, full of rain and cold again today, still have the heating on.

    Great card, not seen that technique before, will try and give it a go, probably end up with a real mess. I love using stencils so was looking for something to do for this week.
    Hope you all have a good day, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Nice card Sandra. Great background.
    No crafting done here today. Not felt too good.
    Hope you had a nice day. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Lovely card and a brilliant technique, I have used masks when I stamped some flowers but wanted to add some foliage behind, I was really pleased with the result. Your background is lovely I shall be trying to create something similar. Thank you again for your inspiration. xx
    Karen the silent Salsa disco sound a really fun event. I have visions of you and OH falling about laughing, enjoy your evening. xx
    Take care dear friends, Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete