Thursday 9 December 2021

Real Throwback cards!!

 





Good Morning Ladies, 

I hope today finds you well  Karen I hope that yhe drops you have make your Eye pain a little easier.  Janet I hope that you are feeling brighter my lovely.

Sue & Brenda thinking of you both today, sending love and hugs to you both ❤ XXX 

Today I am sharing two cards that are 'Throwback cards from December 2015" I can't believe ot was 6 years ago!! I don't think that I have used those dies since!! 

I have posted the descriptions below...

Card 1:  Today I thought I would show you the Christmas card that I made for Pat, I ordered the Tattered Lace Book Dies with my C & C birthday bonus voucher, I can see its going to be very useful, it cuts really well too, I haven't used Tattered lace dies really, I was put off by the fact that they don't emboss, but they still give a good finish on the edges.  Anyway I went for traditional Christmas colours for Pats card, using Spellbinders Poinsettia dies and the Justrite stamps that match them, Creative Expressions Trailing Ivy die, Seasons Greetings die and Classic Bow die, I wrapped it in tissue paper and made a box to fit it, which I decorated in similar style.


Card 2 : Today's card is the one I made for Sue, similar to Pats in design, but different in Colour and design, pretty much the same materials as yesterday, apart from the Poinsettia's , both Classic and Filigree both from Creative Expressions, the Christmas Tree is by Inkyliscious, (I love it), I used silky Crush ribbon, with the addition of a little navy and silver ribbon to tie in with the card!

I hope you enjoy looking back at these cards. 

Have a lovely day,

Love and Hugs to all,

Sandra                                                                                xxxxxx 


6 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    Oh SANDRA you have brought back memories with these cards.
    I too made 'book'like cards way back then.

    I still am not up to crafting and am trying to get to see the Dr who I saw a couple of weeks ago. Our surgery will only take appointments for the current day and I'm told this morning the Dr I need to see isn't in the surgery until Monday morning and so I have to ring first thing then. I really do want to see him as he requested the tests but it is so frustrating.

    The CAFE is of course OPEN to all so pop in.
    HUGS are on their way to you all.PLEASE TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello All, dull here, hopefully no rain.

    Sandra Two fabulous cards, doesn’t it show how card making styles have changed.

    Janet do hope you feel better soon, our surgery works on a similar principle, if they can put you off they will.

    Still trying to clear my craft table and put all the stuff away. Don’t know why I take out so many things, and end up using the same few things.

    Hope you all have a lovely day, and hugs for all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello all.
    Hoping you all are alright.
    Beautiful cards Sandra, a lovely die.
    Janet, hope you start feeling better, take care.
    Karen, hope the meds help your eyes quickly and you be alright. Hope your OH is okay ?
    Sonia, how is Barney doing ? give cuddle from me ;)
    After two days of fun things to do I am today laid up this morning , so typical but it stays nice outside after the horrid wind we had yesterday we might go out a little bit this afternoon.
    Have a good day whatever you do ladies. Many hugs, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria. Barney is doing ok, although I think he has another ear infection, so booked in to the vets tomorrow afternoon. I’ve just given him a cuddle from you 😊 xx

      Delete
    2. Aaah bless him, that can't be nice. Hope he get it sorted asap.
      Think you right about the glitter girls. I saw them ones at one of the shows and do remember loads of these shaped cards at their table. x

      Delete
  4. Hi everyone
    Two lovely cards today, and looks like a lot of work went into them 😊
    They’ve reminded me of two lady crafters who used to be on C&C and they made loads of ‘book’ cards, but using score boards. I can’t remember their names, but they were always wearing sparkly tops! Does anyone else remember them? Might have been The Glitter Girls??
    Hope you’re all having a good day, and everyone feeling under the weather is taking it easy. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete