Friday 31 December 2021

Happy New Year to my Beautiful Blog Family

 



 Good Friday Morning Ladies,

I hope today finds you well, it seems unseasonably warm, although its very wet and gloomy here, not that we have been outside very much. 

Janet I loved hearing your New Year's Tradition:  

"We always make sure that bread/drink/money and a piece of wood is always left at the outside door too. The only thing we cannot make sure of is that the first person over the doorstep has dark hair these days.lol."

What is the piece of wood for?  We have done coal and a silver coin before going out of one door and in through the other. I am not sure what the thinking was behind it, it was a 'family tradition '.

Ladies I would to love to hear what traditions you all have for seeing the New Year in.

Sophie set off ok, her flight was delayed an hour, she was nervous bless her, she was excited though as Lewis's dad is frequent flyer so they got 'upgraded' they were sat in a 2 4 2 format,  so her and Lewis got to sit together on their own, although She gets on really well with Lewis's brothers too. Which is just as well as they will be spending a lot of time together as they are driving every day.  Poor Lucy is really missing her other half though bless her, they are all but joined at the hip! 

So all that is left for me to say today is Thank you all so very much for supporting me (and the blog) for the last 12 months.  I feel so incredibly blessed to have all of you in my life, with the Blog and our chat group we have so much support for each other.  We have the most amazing Blog family.  I am looking forward to setting off into 2022 with you all behind me.

I wish you all the Very Happiest New Year, some of you have some battles to fight, but I can promise you that I will be with you every step of that journey, as will the rest of our lovely group. 

Sending Love and Huge Hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                xxxxxx 


   

7 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Just popped in to say Happy New Yeao. Has anyone made any crafty resolutions?? Mine is to start crafting/Cardmaking again.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    I'm wishing you all Dear Friends the Happiest of 2022 and whatever we have to face remember 'together we can face anything'.

    SANDRA- we leave the piece of 'WOOD' in place of COAL. We haven't had coal for heating for well over fifty years and so we changed to wood to keep us warm throughout the year as it's much easier to get some.

    I hope everyone has a relaxing day.
    HUGS are winging their way to you all.PLEASE TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE.XXXX


    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year everyone Let’s hope 2022 will definitely be a better one I think we said this last year So I hope the predictions for this next year come true I would be lost without this blog So thank you SANDRA
    We don’t have any traditions but I have made a couple of resolutions One is borrowed from Christine Emberson in that I will try to throw something away every day At the end of the year I will have thrown 365 things away or donated to somewhere Lovely to see you in MICHELE and see what your resolution is
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning everyone and A Happy New year!
    A huge thank you to you Sandra for keeping this blog open for like Karen I would be lost without it and our lovely friends.
    My resolution is the same every year, eat healthier to lose weight and start the x-mas cards early.......hihihi
    Have a wonderful day everyone and take care. Many hugs , Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year my lovely friends.
    I’m so grateful for your wonderful blog Sandra, and our blog family ❤️ We can all go into 2022 knowing we have the love and support of each other 🥰

    We use to do the traditional opening the doors to let the old out and the new in, but haven’t done it for a couple of years.
    I haven’t thought of any resolutions, but I like the sound of yours Karen from Christine Emberson, I could do with trying that ☺️
    Lovely to see you in Michele, hope you’ve had a lovely Christmas. Would be great to see your crafty creations again xx
    Have a good day everyone. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone,

    Dear friends - Wishing you and yours a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR, I hope it’s will be a good one for everyone. XX
    We don’t have any New Years traditions, we always send good wishes to friends and family…… via text! Don’t think that qualifies for being a tradition. Otherwise it’s usually just us at home, all nice and peaceful.
    New Years resolutions - not very good at keeping them, although Christine Emberson has come up with a great idea. ,,',,

    If you are celebrating, hope you have a lovely time, or like us just seeing the new year in at home, have a lovely evening. Stay safe and strong and ready for whatever 2022 brings.
    Love and Hugs Brenda xxx,',

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello All,
    Wishing you a happy and peaceful new year, and that we all keep as well as can.

    Sandra I would really miss the blog, I really doubt that I would do any crafting at al without your encouragement and inspiration that you give us.

    Haven’t done much today, a bit of ironing. R is getting the dinner, only ham salad with jacket potatoes.

    Have a good evening. Lilian

    ReplyDelete