Wednesday 8 December 2021

A stencilled Christmas card




Good Morning Ladies,  

What a wash out of a day we had yesterday!! We had very strong winds and torrential rain, a large tree blocked the road out of the village and Paul said there were branches down all over.

We weren't going to go out but after another unsuccessful attempt at getting Lucy a GP appointment I suggested we went to talk to the Pharmacist in Boots, who was very helpful, he looked at Lucy's skin and gave us some Hydrocortisone cream, which is all GP prescribed last time,  only difference is we paid £3.15 rather that £9.30 prescription charge.  He explained do's and don'ts and recommended she see GP if it doesn't clear within 7-10 days.  I think that the Pharmacist are getting a lot more people asking advice, there was a queue to speak to him in Boots. Although I'm sure that there is a limit to his knowledge poor chap.  We let him know how much we appreciated his help.

 Today's card was made using Sweet Poppy's Bauble Stencil, I inked through it with Iced Spruce & Wild Honey Distress Ink (not oxides). I tapped the blending brush quite heavily on scrap paper so that the ink went on lightly and gradually built up the colour and blend. I added the Wild Honey to the centre of Bauble and added touches down the ribbon.  After the ink was dry I stamped the cottage which is also a Sweet Poppy stamp, after I stamped it I used water to renove the yellow ink from the snowy rooves, I used a Quickie Glue pen and added some fine glitter.  I quite like the subtle colours. 


I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra                                                                                xxxxxx 



5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Love your card today, it’s beautiful 😊
    Pleased to hear you managed to see the pharmacist about Lucy. I can imagine they’re advising lots of people at the moment who can’t get to see their GP.
    Hoping to craft today after walking Barney, at least the weather is a bit calmer this morning.
    Have a good day everyone. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning everyone
    Beautiful card, love the colours and that stamp fit just right inside the bauble.
    Good you managed to get some help for Lucy, gentle hug for her.
    Janet, hoping you feel better and perhaps can get some cards written today. I still got the neighbours but they can wait a few more days. I got a B.card to make for SIL so hoping to make a start tomorrow and it can be for the cc too.
    Woke to a nice pink sky and it really looked like it could be a nice day but who was I kidding, the rain is pelting down and the wind has gone up. SIL is coming to us today and we thought of going to Bon Marche' but think we leave it and just go for lunch somewhere.
    Yesterday's tea at Dobbies was real fun, think with the problems we got you just have to laugh sometimes but we also had some tears for one of the girls had been dumped from her boyfriend the day before so her x-mas will not be too good. We had also Santa come around our table and one of the girls got to sit on his lap 😊(the ages are between 27 and 78 but we are still girls)😀
    I wish you all have a good day even if the weather is s--t and keep warm. Many hugs for you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Beautiful card today Sandra , love the subtle colour of the bauble it really makes the log cabin stand out. Yet another classy card. You really give me loads of inspiration, Thank you xx
    Pleased the pharmacist was able to offer helpful advice for Lucy, and the cream was cheaper than it would have been if you had a prescription. Nine pound an item is a lot of money and surly if the item costs less then the customer should be advised. Pleased you got the best deal.
    Maria your meet up yesterday sounds a good laugh, I’m sure all of you young ladies were all well behaved 😇😂

    Sorry I didn’t leave a message yesterday I actually wrote three messages and each time I tried to post the message just disappeared into cyberspace.

    Janet hope you are OK and able to craft today. xx

    I’m going to move out of this chair and get a bit active, My head keeps nodding, I don’t want to have a sleep this late in the day as I’ll never get to sleep tonight.
    Hope you have all had a good day, Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will this publish? Got a few gremlins on phone at mo
    I think your card is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello All, I think the storm has done with us at last, didn’t get much sleep last night, what with the wind and torrential rain and hail showers.

    Sandra your card is very beautiful, I haven’t seen that stamp, must have a look for it (after Christmas) . Love the way you have coloured the stencil.

    Just about finished my Christmas shopping, it gets less every year, bit sad no brother to buy for. Sorry to be so maudlin.
    Hope you all have a good night. Lilian

    ReplyDelete