Wednesday 3 April 2024

Sweet Daisy Card

 






Good Wednesday Morning Ladies,

We had a lovely bright day yesterday, it was chilly though, we open the back door for the cats first thing in the morning, yesterday by about 10.30am I was bribing thrm with treats to get them in so I could close the door, Paul didn’t realise though and opened the door again when he got in from work 🙄🤣

Today's card was "Pinspiration" (I saw that term yesterday and thought it was perfect for inspiration from Pinterest!! 
Anyway the card is a Julie Hickey original,  I had the stamp but only came across this fun technique yesterday.  I stamped the daisies on Mask paper and then fussy cut, I stamped again on to smooth white card and placed my mask over the top, now I tried a couple of different methods of adding the little dots around the daisies, first I tried the cotton buds that I used for my Snippet with the trees and pheasants....

But the dots were too big, I turned the cotton but sticks round and tried the wooden ends but that didn't look right either, next I tried a marker but that gave dashes instead of defined dots, lastly I picked up a StampinUp Blender pen, they have a harder nib, I dipped it in two different colours of yellow acrylic paint alternating between the two and slowly build up the colour.  I think its a really unusual way of adding colour but I really like it.
What do you think?? 

The original card had a border drawn around with a fine liner but I was afraid of messing up so I cut mine down and matted it onto a piece of So Saffron card and then onto a white card base.  I addes the sentiment strips and some yellow glossies. 

I hope that you all have a good day, 

Love & hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx 


7 comments:

  1. That’s a beautiful card and I have added the technique to “must try”. list I have those sentiment banners but when I try to heat emboss on black card it never seems to work as well as yours do
    Knit and natter was good although there was only 4 of us in the end Still doing forget me knots for Alzheimer’s and sunflowers for our local hospice
    It’s Charlie’s 4th birthday today We hope to see him/them later I’m going out for lunch with some of the “old” (and we are now!) Salsa ladies We haven’t had lunch together since before Christmas So it will be lovely to catch up and it saves me cooking! which I really don’t enjoy these days
    Take care everyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love your card today, and yesterday’s too 😍
    It has been another mainly dry day today, but the wind is so cold!
    Really hoping for some warmer weather soon.
    Karen, a Happy Birthday to Charlie 🥳 and I hope you enjoyed your lunch out.
    Hope everyone has had a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, didn’t realise I wasn’t logged in!
      Sonia xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Such an effective way of adding colour to this pretty stamp/card. Glad you managed to find a good way of adding the dots. I would be sure to mess up trying to do a sewn border so totally understand why you didn’t risk it. How do people make it look so easy? I had to giggle when you said Paul opened the deck door up when he got home 🤭 Knowing how Milo in particular has him wrapped around his little claw he-Paul- would rather freeze than stop Milo and Bella coming and going as they wanted 🤣🤣
    Had another quiet day. Talking to doc tomorrow but won’t have latest blood results so not going to be any further forward yet 😥
    Hope you all sleep well. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Lovely card Sandra, thank you for explaining how you created the highlights around the flowers, great inspiration. xxx
    Today John went to B & Q to get some fence paint, I went along for the ride and ended getting some paint to paint a small post box the girls gave us years ago. The paint is starting to peel off so I thought I would brighten it up again. Hopefully I will get it painted tomorrow and restore it to its former condition.
    Take care everyone, goodnight and sleep well. Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone, another wet day.

    Sandra, love your bright pretty card. Clever idea for the background.
    Have tried some ideas , but most ended in the bin. Have another idea I want to try tomorrow.

    Hope you have a good night Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    wonderful ,lovely card. Nice way to make the dotty bit.
    Sue, you sound like me to try to get blood out of but she pricked me 4 times last time before a doctor had to come in and help. Hope your OH had a nice birthday.
    Happy birthday Charlie, hope he had a good one.
    Sending hugs to all who are not well, take care.
    Went to Frost this morning and that was enough for me today. Not such a good day.
    Have a good night ladies. Hugs to all xxx

    ReplyDelete