Monday 8 April 2024

Some Spring Inspiration






 

Good Monday Morning Ladies,

Welcome to the start of a new week,  hopefully this wind will die down a bit to make the days a little more enjoyable,  I could barely pull the front door open yesterday,  the draught from the back door and the sheer strength of the wind had that firmly closed!  It was a very noisy night Saturday night too, I have to have a window open in the bedroom,  I just need that fresh air, but the wind was literally howling through the open gap all night, causing the curtains and blind in the bathroom to make a right noise.   It was a lovely sunny day yesterday just extremely windy, it amazed me how much some big thick trees move, (i mean i know little whippy ones bend) 🙄🤣

We had a busy day, well Paul did mostly, Bill next door dropped off a huge mound of soil with miniature horse muck mixed in, it must have been well rotted down as it didn't smell at all!  So Paul set to with his wheelbarrow,  as he dumped it I removed all the weeds and bits of roots, we had a very friendly Robin helping us too.  It was lovely being out in the fresh air, no rest for the wicked though, we are having 2 ton bags of top soil delivered today to top all of the beds with and fill all of our pots ready for summer planting!  

I didn't get to my craft desk this weekend, I'm so sorry, I have shared some Old Spring Flower inspiration from the last few years though.  I hope you don't mind my lovelies 😘 

I hope that you all have a great start to the week,  

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx 



5 comments:

  1. You have had a busy time It has been windy here and difficult to walk in but not too bad
    Your lovely cards are very inspiring and never apologise for showing “older” cards
    The Vintage Kilo was interesting It was a cross between TK Maxx and a car boot sale! It was packed with clothes and people! I did get a lovely tailored jacket and OH got a great leather belt We paid £16 for both Students were having a field day
    I’m. Ot going to Craftea today I’m waiting on a call from my diabetes nurse I think this new pump is giving me so much detail that my doses need adjusting again So many calculations and if’s but’s and maybe’s that I am now so confused
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I love your beautiful cards, they’re very inspiring. Thank you for sharing them with us ☺️
    Sounds like you were very busy in the garden again, I hope you’re not suffering today 🥰
    The wind has dropped today thank goodness. It was a very windy drive to Dorset yesterday afternoon 😅
    Hope you get your pump sorted out Karen.
    I hope everyone is having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in. It’s always a pleasure to see your oldies but goodies. All so pretty and cheerful. And what better reason than because you have been busy in the garden with Paul! I can imagine how enjoyable it was for you. I hope you’re not suffering too much today though xx
    Thankfully the winds have dropped here today. It’s been lovely having the windows open all day. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    It is lovely to see these beautiful card again, never apologise for showing them a second time, they are gorgeous and deserve a second viewing. Thank you xxx
    Your neighbours sound lovely and very generous giving you a load of topsoil, but they will also benefit being able to see the results of your (well Paul and your) labours.
    Karen hope you were able to get your pump sorted out. xxx
    Not a lot happening here at least the weather stayed dry, in fact it was warmer outside than indoors.
    Hope you have had a good day, take care everyone.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Wonderful cards Sandra, always nice to see them all again.
    Hope your day was good and you managed to do something you enjoyed.
    I was very tired today so slept a lot.
    Karen, hope you got your pump sorted.
    Take care everyone and hugs to you all. Maria xx

    ReplyDelete