Thursday 4 April 2024

A throwback Spring card

 


Good Morning Ladies,

I am feeling excited today as we are driving to Heathrow to pick up Becca & Adam, I can't wait to hug them both, although I think that they will ask about is the antihistamine tablets and cream that they sent me a message to get for them, they both said that they experienced the worst storm they had ever seen and consequently the humidity shot up and the Mosquitoes came out in force, they said they are both covered in bites.  I will share a tip from the pharmacist in Boots with you, I had picked up Boots own brand of Antihistamine, which is made up of Loratadine, the cost for a pack of 30 was £2.75 buy one get one 1/2 price, the Branded versions Piriton and Claratyn etc were more than double the cost for same size package, the pharmacist explained that I had picked the exact thing that he would have recommended and he suggested a cream too, 'Bite & Sting Relief' which is own brand of my holiday staple 'Anthisan', it was also a lot cheaper!  So it really does pay to ask the pharmacist advice.  I hope that it gives them both some relief, especially after 11 hours of flying!

Today I am sharing a card from 2020, it is one of my all time favourite Spring Cards, like the card I made earlier this week the purple & yellow combination just works perfectly! (in my humble opinion)😉.

Here is the description...

I used two different Honey Doo stamp sets for this card, 'Budding Flourishes' & 'Daffodils'.
I stamped the Daffodils first and masked over them and then stamped in the ''Budding Flourishes',
I then took my Polychromos and coloured all of the flowers and leaves, blending 3 colours of each shade. I finished my card with a piece of Daffodil delight ribbon that I topped with a purple flower.
My sentiments were Honeydoo too.

I hope that you all have a lovely Thursday,

Love and Hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx


5 comments:

  1. Your card is very Spring like Very cheerful
    I usually buy own brand pharmaceuticals If you compare the ingredients they are usually the same Especially things like paracetamol and something I used to have to buy regularly- cold sore cream Zovirax is an astronomical price
    I bet you can’t wait to see them and after a hug examine that beautiful engagement ring
    Charlie was amazing yesterday It was lovely for daughter and son in law to see a child celebrating as age appropriate if you see what I mean
    Lunch with the girls was lovely We chatted and chatted and laughed and laughed
    OH is off to football later So I hope to do some crafting then My craft room is probably feeling a little lonely at the moment!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    A gorgeous spring card. Beautiful flower stamps and colours together.
    Was meant to go out with a friend today but had to cancelled it because I am no good again today. Wished this body could play nicely sometimes tho ,especially when you looking forward to something.
    Have a good day everyone whatever you are up to. Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love your beautiful card 😍
    I hope Becca and Adam had a comfortable flight back, and a lovely holiday. I bet you can’t wait to see them and hear all about it ☺️
    Maria, hope you’re ok, shame you had to cancel going out.
    Have a good evening everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. I can honestly say that I think this is one of the most beautiful cards you have ever made and it is great to see it agin. Mother Nature certainly got it right with these colours, and who doesn’t love daffs and crocus or two 🥰🥰🥰 It certainly is good to get own brand meds if you can. 🤞Becca and Adam can get some relief from them once they are back. Bet you can’t wait to hear all about such a special holiday that neither will ever forget xx
    Maria, sorry you are still struggling. We need a good spell of lovely warm weather to help our bones don’t we xx
    Karen, great to hear that Charlie had a lovely birthday. I know what you mean. Our little Chris still really struggles with just 5-6 of us singing Happy Birthday to him 😏 His teacher is really understanding so she always gives the birthday boy or girl the option of which end of the day they want their classmates to sing happy birthday to them so Chris doesn’t get any special treatment and he is able to relax for the rest of the day rather than stressing about it xx
    Brenda, did you manage to paint your post box. Is it traditional post box red? I hope you are not feeling too bad dear friend xx
    I finally got my bloods done after 2 phlebotomists tried 7 times between them and one paramedic(he works full time in the surgery) got the amount requested at his third try so 10 times in total! I told them to keep going until it worked this time. Slept the rest of the afternoon. Hope you all sleep well tonight. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evening everyone, I expect most of you are in bed. I never get to sleep before 2am.

    Sandra love your card, I love daffodils, had another bunch with my groceries this morning, for a £1 they really cheer me up.

    Had another full lot of blood test today, as well as blood pressure, pulse, and weight and height. Only had blood test two weeks ago.
    Very pleasant nurse, although she was very stressed as she is supposed to get it all done in ten minutes.
    Have a good night all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete