Saturday 27 April 2024

Mixed Up Saturday

 



Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

I hope your weekend has gotten off to a good start, we switched things around this weekend to try and work around the weather, we usually get shopping out of the way on a Friday so that we have the weekend free, but the weather was okay yesterday afternoon so Paul got loads of work done in the garden while I did a tutorial for today's blog. 

Jacob's Coat Technique 


This looked a really fun technique, it was a bit messy I will admit,  but the results look amazing! 


I started with a piece of white card and chose three colours of Distress Ink


I blended the three colours across the card (in hindsight I would choose a lighter purple).  Before moving on to the stamping you must make sure your ink is dry. 

Choose your stamps and create your design in Versamark ink, then add Clear embossing powder.


Heat set the embossing powder, making sure its all shiny. 

Now comes the messy part.....

The colour used to create the Joseph's coat technique is usually Black, but I think any really dark colour would work, so I went with Night of Navy, you take the ink and a blending brush and cover the whole inked piece.  



Then take a soft Cloth or Kitchen paper and buff off any excess Blue ink, this will then reveal the pretty colours that have been locked in by the clear embossing powder.  Having the dark colour all over makes the base colours really pop.



To finish the cards I picked a colour from the background and used that to mat and layer and for the accent in the sentiments.  I mounted the card onto a white card base which made the colour pop even more. 

What do you think ??  I have started a couple more to share with you next week.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

****************

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx 


I

5 comments:

  1. The saying is good Maybe I need to spend more on craft stuff to be more cheerful 😀
    I like the idea of this technique - 2 questions Can Distress Oxides be used and I don’t have Stampin’ Up ink pads can I use another DO or would it have to be Versafine?
    The weather doesn’t look great So I wonder if the bowls match will be cancelled We might go and watch just in case Then this evening we’re off to Aston Clinton/Aylesbury to see a live Salsa band Should be fun
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Question Karen, you can use Distress Oxide Inks, you could use Black Soot for the top layer, I look forward to seeing your version xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi everyone
    Saying very true, is it why I spent a lot this month and OH told me I can't buy anything for three months 🤭 has he forgotten I'm going to a Crafterama later in May and you can't go home empty handed can you ? 😊
    Thank you for this tutorial Sandra, your card is beautiful and I love the colours.
    I might give it a go tomorrow.....
    Hope you all have had a lovely day whatever you been up to and Karen enjoy the salsa show tonight. Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening everyone, no rain , very cold.
    The saying is so true for me, although have to put a limit on what I buy, space being the problem.

    Sandra love your card and your very understandable lesson. Might have a go when I get back to crafting.
    Not done much today after rough day at the dentist.
    Hope you are all having a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Another great challenge for us this time. I have quite a few dies that I haven’t used so will try and use some of them. I do have other unused items too but you have to start somewhere don’t you 😁 This technique looks amazing. I would never have thought of cover it with really dark ink but I love the finish it gives. Thank you for such an easy to follow tutorial my lovely. I feel my fingers getting itchy to craft…..at long last!!!
    Have a good nights sleep everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete