Saturday 6 April 2024

Mixed Up Saturday

 



Good Saturday Morning Ladies,

I hope that the weather is being kind to you today,  we have a very windy day,  its cloudy too but currently dry, which is a good thing as we have quite a list of jobs to do both indoors and out.

What do you all have planned this weekend?

I thought I would share another card technique with you, Sonia kindly suggested this one......

Floating Card Technique 


For the floating panel you need a piece of acetate that measures around 3 x 3 inch, although you can use any shape for this technique.  
Once you have chosen your colour scheme cut some strips of card varying widths (but need to be long enough to cover your panel.  Mine are 1/2 or 1/4 inch and a couple of thin strips. 



Add double sided tape to the back of your strips,  (wet glue would be a bit messy on the acetate )

Now stick your strips to your acetate leaving gaps between the strips as this is what gives the 'floating' look.


Once your strips are stuck down you can die cut your piece to your desired shape.  I wanted a circle this one is around 2 3/4 inch.

Add some foam tape to the back of the floating panel (making sure none shows on front)



I always add a little wet glue to my foam pads for extra security and it helps if you need to reposition!



Choose your card base and matt a patterned paper, this one matches the colours I have used on the floating panel  

Add your front panel





Adhere your floating panel 


Choose your embellishment and glue into place


Then its time for finishing touches, I added a sentiment and a twine bow.

I hope that's all clear enough, please ask if you need any further help.  xxx

******************

I hope that you all have a lovely Saturday, 

Love & hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. This saying is me to a “T” I fall asleep running ideas around my head
    Another great technique to try I love that circle idea
    We don’t have a lot planned today and tomorrow I might go to something called Vintage Kilo Never heard of it and it appears you buy a kilo of stuff at a set price Ot might be awful but at least it gets us out of the house and something a little different
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love the card and the technique is a fun one to do. Will give it a go next week 😊
    Nothing planned for today. The shopping already arrived this morning and OH got football on TV so might start a crystal art so I sit with him downstairs. Hopefully seeing my neighbour tomorrow for a coffee, usually going to a Costa nearby.
    Have a nice day everyone. Many hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love the quote ☺️
    A great technique, thank you for sharing and your card is beautiful. I will definitely have a go when I can get my mind back to crafting.
    Just back from Mark’s aunts house. So very sad seeing all of her belongings from her entire life just left there, knowing that it will now just be thrown away 😔
    Going to relax for the rest of the day, and hope for a better nights sleep tonight
    I hope you’re all keeping well and having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone, been feeling very tired all day, not much sleep these days.
    That quote could be describing me to a .”t”.

    Sandra great to have a new card to try, will definitely be giving it a go. Your card is lovely.
    Have a good evening all Lilian

    ReplyDelete