Tuesday 2 April 2024

Pretty Flower card


 


Good Morning Ladies,

Well that long weekend went by in a blur,  we got quite a few garden jobs done though, our beds are ready for filling, Bill next door is going to drop us a load of compost/soil to fill them, which means Paul will be busy with the wheelbarrow! 

I had a lot of abdominal pain yesterday so I could only manage an hour in the garden, I resorted to my craft desk to make a card for today.  After lunch we popped to the garden centre, which was incredibly busy. 

I used my Spellbinders Bold Blooms dies to create the floral arrangement on todays card, my inspiration was were the little crocuses and pansies in our garden, I love the combination of purple and green and purple & yellow. 

The background was created by layering strips of white card that I ran through a woodgrain Embossing folder evenly onto my white card base, I added foam tape for a little dimension.  After finishing the flower arrangement I added a few pearls to finish. 

I hope that you all have a great day,

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                    xxxxxx 


5 comments:

  1. I love your card I too love the combo of purple and yellow
    It was a spur of the minute thing but we met up with daughter and family and went to a pub for a meal with my sister in law and husband It was lovely being with family Oscar struggled though - don’t know if it’s a combo of different school or change of routine now it’s the holidays or what It is so upsetting to witness
    Off to knit and natter later So must get a wriggle on
    I hope my diabetic nurse rings too I’ve had a bit of a nightmare with these new doses
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    A beautiful card Sandra, the colours green, purple and yellow are very pretty together.
    Sorry Karen to hear that Oscar is struggling. Not easy for them when normal routine gets interrupted with holidays etc. Is he happy otherwise in his school ? Hope you have a nice time at knit and natter, what are you making now ?
    The gardener is here today, hopefully I can get around to keep at it later but nice to have the heavy job's done.
    Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing today. Hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone, another wet day, it’s so wet everywhere, if you walk on the grass the water is everywhere, trying not to walk on it too much.

    Sandra such a pretty spring card, would be lovely for several occasions.
    Didn’t get much sleep last night so am feeling a bit “ grumpy.

    Not sure what I’m going to do later. Hope you all enjoy your day, Lilian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. SUCH a pretty card today. Pansies and crocus are two special flowers for me and the purple, green and yellow all work beautifully together. The wood ef works so well behind the flowers. Another “must remember to use” item for me! I think I am going to make a “reminder to use” list of things to look at when I craft as I always regret not using different things when I see your cards. It sounds like the garden is coming on really well. So nice that neighbour Bill is keen to help get the soil for the raised beds. Bit different to other places you have lived!!! I hope your stomach has felt better today my lovely.
    Karen, the meal sounds good but sad to hear Oscar struggled with it. The holidays do cause such a change to routine don’t they.
    It is Chris snr. birthday today and we went out to his favourite restaurant for lunch which was delicious. I also had three failed attempts, our surgeries maximum amount of attempts, at having bloods taken so have to go back for a retry on Thursday!!! Slept like a log when we got home for 4 hours and am back in bed again now so sleep well everyone. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Such a lovely card today, the colours you have used give it a great first impression impact. Definitely one I would love to replicate.
    Hope your day today has been better than yesterday.
    My day has been uneventful, I have spent the day mostly reading and frequently nodding off to sleep, just hope I am able to sleep tonight.
    Sleep well everyone, Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete