Thursday 26 October 2023

Throwback Caught in Crystal card

 



Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that today finds you well, gentle hugs to those of you on pain 🤗 

I am having serious regrets, having the Hysteroscopy & Polypectomy while on day 2 of a UTI was a huge mistake, the pain during and after the procedure was a lot worse than I anticipated, I think it was made worse because of the uti pain, the extra pressure on my bladder during the procedure was agony, they did offer gas & air but that makes me nauseous which is something I didn't need with full bladder.  I was surprised that we weren't shown to a recovery room straight after procedure,  I was handed a prescription and shown the door!  I imagine the recovery would be beneficial as the fluid etc that they inflated your bladder has to come out, which it did in the car on the way home! I don't think I have ever been as happy to see my own bed!! I spent the rest of the day laid on my bed due to pain, sadly I will be doing the same today as I woke at 1.15 am and again at 3am in a lot of pain.  

I will add description of today's card below

Today's card is my 'Sparkle and Shine' Challenge card, I have had the background hovering around my desk for quite some time, I love it but couldn't decide what to use it for/with, I tried some Christmas themed die cuts but it just didn't look right.  So I picked up my new Dragonfly Edger die and die cut that and layed it over the 'Caught in Crystal' background and loved it straight away.
As I had the background already made it was quite a quick and simple card to make, I think that is the great benefit of batch making backgrounds, have a proper 'messy crafting' day and make lots of different colours and styles of backgrounds ready to just pick up when you need a quick but effective card.
I couldn't decide which colour gemstones to add to the Dragonfly, as I was moving the background around the purple colours kept catching the light, so that is what I decided to go with.  The other thing I was undecided about was the sentiment, so I die cut a simple Thank you' just for the purpose of photographing for the blog, I can add a proper sentiment when I decide what to use the card for.
I used Creative Expressions Noble Double Stitched Rectangles (set B) for the frame around my card.
I hope you like it, I took a few different photos of various angles to try and capture the glitter in the background, it never looks as good in a photo though.  All I can say is, I definitely 'Sparkles and Shines'!

I hope that you all have a lovely day, 


Love and hugs to all, 


Sandra XXX



5 comments:

  1. Oh SANDRA I don’t know what to say I hope the pain eases today Are there any painkillers you can use? Does a hot water bottle help?
    Your card is lovely I have a few of these “paper cut” dies and ought to clean the dust off of them and use again
    It is very grey dark and dismal here It is pouring down with rain I won’t be crafting in this light We are going out to lunch with sister in law today and we have the first of 4 Halloween parties tonight! Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra and all looking in. What a lovely card. The background is beautiful against the white die cut. And your idea of having a background making day makes sense rather than making just one or two at a time. What a shame you have been left in so much pain. I hope it starts to wear off soon. I was hoping we could have a good catch up today but the speed at which the weeks go by means next Thursday will soon be here🤞we will both be ok as I do miss seeing you so much. Sending gentle hugs my lovely xx
    I have some ironing still to do then my magazine review. After that I hope to finish a card I started on Saturday!
    Karen, enjoy the first party. Please share your costumes as you both always look great xx
    I hope everyone has a good day. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love your sparkly card today, it’s beautiful 😍
    Sorry to hear you’re in so much pain, hope it starts to ease soon 🥰
    Very surprised to hear they sent you straight home though after the procedure 😔
    Karen, enjoy the party.
    Hope everyone is having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Beautiful card today, love the contrast between the white a deep green it looks so rich, the edger die works so well on this gorgeous background.
    Sorry to hear that you are still in so much pain, don’t just try to cope if you are still struggling call 111 that’s what they are there for. Sending gentle hugs xx
    Karen enjoy your evening xx
    Take care everyone and sleep well.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi.
    Sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. Wish the doctors could do something for you and not make it worse 🥺
    The card is beautiful and I love the shiny cought in crystal technique.
    Wishing you all a good night. Many hugs, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete