Friday 20 October 2023

Throwback Autumn cards

 



Good Friday Morning Ladies, 

Well there goes another week!!!  What a wet and miserable end to it too, Storm Babet has my hills covered in clouds this morning, the rain hasn't stopped all night and is still lashing at the windows this morning!  I hope that you all stay safe and dry.

Today's cards are Throwback Autumn cards, we are throwing back 6 Years to October 2017!!

Card 1.  Why did I think that this looked okay????     Oh how styles have changed, it reminds me of the beginning of the Good Life, where they show the flower!! 🤣😂😅  I am not even bothering to share the method for this one. 

Card 2: I don't mind this one, the doily makes it look a little better and the stamping is a little more delicate than the die cut one above.

I used Stampin'Up! leaf stamp from the 'Painted Harvest' set and some little stamps from both 'Happy Birthday Gorgeous' and 'Beautiful Bouquet' to build the wreath, I then topped with a Spellbinders Scalloped Circle topped with a SU Doilly and the sentiment which is also from "Painted Harvest', I quite like the simplicity of the card, I hope you do too.

************

I hope that you all have as good a day as possible,  take your umbrella out with you! 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                  xxxxxx




6 comments:

  1. Now I like both cards! Maybe the first one is a little too neat and symmetrical You’re so right My style of crafting has changed over the years and don’t think I have a particular signature style like you other ladies
    The weather has been a mixture of rain and wind It’s so dark too I hope craft a bit later on if the light brightens up
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    I like your throwback cards, especially the autumnal colours.
    It’s funny to look back at older cards and see how styles have changed. I’ve been looking back at mine recently and although my stash was very limited in the beginning, I quite like the simplicity of some of them. The problem now, I think is because I have so much stuff, I don’t know where to start! My mojo still hasn’t returned, and with all that in my mind, I have decided to pack all my stuff away for now and have a break from card making. I’ll get back to it eventually but at the moment I just don’t have the motivation for it.
    Hope you’re all well and staying warm and dry in this miserable weather.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    I love both the cards . The colours are pretty and autumnal. Funny, I can't remember these at all.
    Brenda, hope you be alright. Take care.
    Sonia, hope you are alright. The mojo is a hit and miss really some days. Your cards are always so beautiful.
    We are in Santander for the weekend to visit stepson. Had booked it before C came home but it gives them a few days to sort stuff out without my annoying input 😉🙄🤭
    Have a good weekend everyone. Many hugs from me to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. I don’t remember these cards first time round but like them both. The colours you have used are gorgeous. They are one of the few things I love about this time of year.
    Our card styles do change don’t they. I have made some shockers over the years but I don’t think I have a particular style. I hope you have a good weekend with Paul xx
    Sonia, sorry that your card mojo has vanished. I hope you still come in anyway xx
    Maria, I hope C and girlfriend don’t leave anything in your craft room so that you can get it organised xx
    Sleep well and 🤞 you all stay safe and warm. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone
    Love today’s cards, like Sue I can’t remember these cards being on the blog, I love all of the autumn colours, such a rich palette and all blending beautifully with each other. Thank you for sharing these cards with us xxx
    Not done a lot today did a few chores this morning, after lunch I sat down and surprise, surprise I fell asleep, woke up in time for afternoon tea (OH had just put the kettle on! ) I just wish my energy levels would return
    Hope all is well with you and your family’s. Take care dear friends.
    Love and hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everyone, dry today and not so chilly.
    Managed to plant my wall flower plants, which came yesterday.
    I love wall flowers in the spring, with their lovely perfume, and deep rich colours.

    I have to say like the others I have no recollection of your cards, but they are both delightful.

    Managed to do a card for the challenge today, rather a simple card. Wanted to use my new stencil , which I’ve put somewhere safe.

    Hope you all manage a good nights sleep, Lilian

    ReplyDelete