Saturday 28 October 2023

Mixed Up Saturday

 


Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

A a slightly later start than last Saturday, but not such a fun destination!!  Today I have an MRI of my head, its for ENT department, particularly Audiology,  hopefully they will get some answers regarding the frustrating time I'm having with my Hearing aids.  

I think that we are just going to do some shopping after that, nothing set in stone though as you can't guarantee how you are going to feel after an MRI. They can be a bit draining in my experience. 

I hope that you all have something more exciting planned !! 

Creative Stamping 

Issue 127




In this issue of Creative Stamping you get a collection of Traditional Christmas stanps by Christina Griffiths of Card Making Magic,  you also get a bonus stencil, perfect for stencilling the Rays of Light onto the lanterns etc  



The first feature has Sarah showing how useful the stencil can be for adding extra life to your lanterns,  using them to create backgrounds and adding glow around the candles too.




Vanessa has used the Emboss resist technique to create some amazing backgrounds, the pink one wih the candles is beautiful and would work for any card.  The last card has a more grungy look which is also really effective. 




Masterclass:  Stencilling onto your stamps!

Teresa has designed some really fun card simply by using stencils to add detail to stamps, it works best with Silhouette stamps and for best results use Dye inks for the base colour then dye or pigment ink for the stencilled detail.  Look how many variations there are, a really fun idea. 

Here we hear about Christina's take on the stamps, she shares a couple of her own designs using her stamps.

Maggie has used the free gifts to create so lovely cards that would work for Men as well as women. 




Mel has a fantastic tutorial,  showing you how to add battery operated lights to your cards, such a lovely idea for cards for someone special. 

Technique Focus:  Spotlight Stamping 

I know we have done this technique for a challenge before, how lovely are cards that Lisa has made?! 



Glenda has used all of the little border and corner stamps to create Frames and wreaths and fun borders to her cards, we always disregard the little bracket stamps or corner leaf cluster and just use main elements, a great feature highlighting the often forgotten stamps.



Some clean and simple designs from Jane, using the free gifts, sometimes less really is more !!


Some great techniques and features in this months Issue, the free stamps are really useful too, I can see myself using them, especially the candle one. 

**************

Craft Shopping 

Karen

Karen managed to get to the Stamperama in Bedford last Sunday, I think you are a Superwoman after doing the all day workshop on Saturday too.  To say that there wasn't as many stands at this show you still managed to get some lovely goodies.  I love the TH Snowman 'Mr Frosty'  he has a charming face, love the hat & scarf.  Those Julie Hickey Flower dies are gorgeous and I love the the little card you made using just one of them.  You'll have to let us know how you get on with the Glue Pen as those Quickie glue pens are a nightmare,  I have about six in my pot 3 of which were bought in the last 6 months and none of them work !! 
Thanks for sharing your shopping with us XXX 

My Shopping 


I was looking at Autumnal cards on Pinterest and saw this card....


Oh and this one....


I loved them so much I went straight in search of the dies!!  The words were a really good price and I couldn't resist them.  In my defense these arwmw the only things i have bought since August!! 

************
 I  hope that you all have a lovely weekend, 

Love and hugs to all of you 

Sandra
xxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. A great saying and thank you for the magazine review I love the look of the stencil but got to admit that’s not so keen on the stamps I’ll stick with my snowman 🤣
    I hope the MRI goes OK
    OH is off to Chelsea in a mo and we have bright sunshine so I am hoping to craft
    We have a third Halloween party tonight!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra and all looking in. A great saying again. Thanks for the review. I love how the stencil can be used with candles and lanterns. Hope your mri goes well my lovely xx
    Karen, you had a great day at the show if your shopping is anything to go by. Of course the snowman is my favourite but also love what I think is little faces that you can change the look on the gingerbread man, so cute xx
    Just off to Pops for more packing then we will be taking the boxes of china, glassware and kitchen wear to a local charity shop which Mum always supported. Some beautiful tea sets but we just don’t have times when we would use them any more. We all have certain things that mean a lot to us, funny how it can be the cheapest things like Mums kitchen timer which was a cheap plastic tacky ham burger shape that Mum picked up as a temporary timer when her old one broke but she never got a new one as RJ always used to set it then hide it somewhere in the kitchen every time he left Mum and Pops. It always made them all laugh and that is all he wanted as it meant such a lot to them all 🤣 😏
    Have a good day. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love the quote ☺️
    A great magazine review, thank you for sharing.
    I loved Lilian’s card yesterday too. So lovely to receive ‘happy mail’
    Love yours and Karen’s shopping 😍
    Hope you’re feeling ok after the scan. Fingers crossed you get the results through quickly.
    Have a good weekend everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, very wet here with flooding and very high spring tides.

    Great saying and a very interesting magazine review.

    Hope you are feeling a bit better and you get some answers soon.
    Did not get much sleep last night, all my joints were aching and my restless legs were really bad. So haven’t done much today.
    Hope you all have a lovely weekend, Lilian

    ReplyDelete