Saturday 7 October 2023

Mixed Up Saturday


 

Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

I saw the above quote on Facebook,  then Sonia shared it with me too, so it had to be the choice for this weeks quote!  It is something I have joked about with my lot for a long time!  🤣😂

I have written a magazine review for the Creative Stamping Magazine that arrived while I was away, its still in shops so I will share it with you....

Creative Stamping Magazine 

Issue 126





This issue is all about the Snowglobe & Christmas, the free gifts are decent quality  half of them are Studio Light, the Sparkle pack of sequins and sparkly bits is lovely if thats your think, they woukd be good in a Snowglobe shaker for sure!

Sarah has creative some amazing Snowglobe themed cards, some look so real.  

Some of these designs are brilliant,  I love the scene built one at the beginning! 





Some brilliant cards here made by using Alcohol Inks on mirror card, I particularly love the Tim Holtz Bold Botanicals card.  They have used Alcohol Lift ink to stamp some of the images too.



Sam has used some shaped cards and different dies to make Kinetic or interactive cards that Children would enjoy, some really fun ideas !!



Amy has created some fabulous Hone Decor and gift ideas using the free stamps and some pretty Christmas papers, the recycled jar Snowglobe is a fantastic thing to make with children. 



Teresa has used the Sequin and glitter pack along with some of the stamps to create that sparkle that we all (well almost all) love at Christmas (if im honest they aren't my cup of tea) 🤣😂



A contemporary look from Julie using the free stamps, I actually really love the clean and simple style of these cards.

*************

Maria's Shopping 


Maria's Description:

Winter season sorted with a nice bundle of Crystal Arts arriving at lunchtime 😊

Oh Maria how exciting, I can't wait to see them made up 😁.  They will definitely keep you busy.   Thank you so much for sharing them with us XXX 

My Shopping 

These were a Bargain they are Brand New !! I got them for £12 posted !!  I love the snowman! 

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend, 

I will be mostly resting and trying to help Paul get different rooms organised.

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra
xxxxxx


6 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra and all looking in. I’ve done my usual and found yesterdays comment waiting for me to hit publish!! Not sure where the last few days have gone.
    Sandra you have some gorgeous birthday cards and yesterdays card is fabulous. It was so good to see you and your lovely new home. The views really are stunning. Washing will be a pleasure now 😊 Please don’t do too much over the weekend, you both really need some r & r my lovely. I hope the girls managed to get through work ok yesterday. Sending gentle hugs to you all xx
    Lilian, I must apologise on not getting your card in the post until yesterday. I hope you had a lovely day and that you can enjoy the weekend with your daughter etc xx
    Have a good day everyone.
    I have 3 cards to make but I’m busy over the weekend at Pops so they will have to wait until Monday.
    Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great quote and is true I’m always joking that my daughter’s inheritance is worth a fortune and in my craft room
    Thank you for the magazine review I’m not particularly into snow globes and glitter - although I will use a bit at Christmas
    Please don’t overdo things You have earned a rest The boxes will still be there tomorrow
    I need to make a birthday card today and hopefully finish the final bits of wedding stationary and daughter doesn’t spring anything else onto us! My ScanNCut has really come into its own cutting 100’s of different items - basic rectangles but far neater and more accurate than using a guillotine
    BTW I love your shopping- where do you find these bargains
    And I’m looking forward to seeing your crystal art Maria
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    That quote did make me chuckle 🤭
    A great magazine review, and lovely articles - I like the alcohol ink ones.
    Look forward to seeing your crystal art pictures Maria 😊
    Love the stamps Sandra, and a great bargain 😊
    Well, doing the laundry is on the agenda today. At least it’s dry and bright so will be able to hang it outside.
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Love the quote. Seeing all the things around me ,it might be a true saying alright :)
    Thanks for the magazine review Sandra. Like the stamps you bought.
    Want be able to start any more crystal until November because Son and his girlfriend is sleeping in the lounge so going to put them away with the other10+ I have in a box :)
    Doing washing here too and have hanged it outside but the sun is not out here but hoping the breeze will dry it nicely.
    Have a nice day everyone. Many hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, lovely sunny day.
    Love the quote, I would dread to think of what it all cost.

    Great magazine review, looks a good one.

    Have family here, which is lovely, they are off home tomorrow, I shall miss them.

    Hope you all have a good weekend (what’s left ), Sandra, try and relax, the boxes can wait. Lilian.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and everyone
    Thank you for your magazine review, your reviews are always so helpful giving us an honest and unbiased opinion before we spend our precious pennies. XX
    Love the quote, it so true 🤣
    LOVE your bargain buy stamps - great Snowman to use on your Christmas cards.
    Maria you are going to be busy with your new Crystal Art purchases…… when will you have time to get started? 🤔😃😍
    Ladies I hope your weekend is going well.
    Sending everyone my love and caring hugs. Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete