Sunday 22 October 2023

Autumn Challenge cards

 





Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

I hope that today blesses you all with some sunshine today, even a little blue sky would be an improvement on the constant grey, dark & gloomy day we had yesterday! 

Mind you I am not complaining, I know people had it an awful lot worse than we did and my heart goes out to them, there can be anything worse than losing your whole home to floods, I always think about people that have precious photographs etc from before digital photography, for example our wedding photos are one offs, they aren't on a disk or a cloud etc, it must devastating to be stood with nothing.  I watched a news programme about a flooded area and I was shocked at how many people didn't have Home / Contents Insurance, imagine having to replace everything in your house!  I'd be too afraid to have to admit how much my craft stash would cost to replace!!! 

I had a lovely day out yesterday,  Karen invited me to the Daisy B Craft Workshop at Stevenage, I felt too guilty at the beginning of the week as we still have so much to do in the house etc, however with my mood being so low etc Paul said just go for it, I was also feeling bad that he would have to hang about all day waiting for me as Stevenage is 96 miles from home!  He said he absolutely didn't mind and that he would bring his book,  which made me rethink, it wouldn't do him any harm to have a day doing nothing either, so I booked it and ordered an extra packed lunch/ afternoon tea for Paul, which he was very happy with......

This is what you get !! Look at all of those cakes and a huge fruit scone!  We both have most of cakes to have as a treat today!! The lovely Daisy B girls kept him (and us) supplied with plenty of cups of tea too, so he certainly didn't complain!  We even treated ourselves to a takeaway after quite a long and frustrating journey home,  all in all I think it did us both good to get out of the house for the day 😊 

Your Autumn Cards New & old


Karen


Karen's Description:

Here’s an autumnal card which I am going to donate to the library

The leaves are a mix of DO colours Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin, Abandoned Coral and Vintage Photo They were stamped in a brown Versa Clair and die cut which were a magazine freebie from years ago An Aall & Create sentiment stamped in brown Versa Clair. 

I love this card Karen and as soon as I saw it I remembered how much I was blown away by your original version of this card.  I love everything about it.  It will look perfect on the Autumn Bookcase Display at Library.  Thank you for taking part in the Challenge Karen XXX 


Lilian 

Lilian's Description:

Here is my card for this weeks challenge:
Vintage leaves stamps from stamping up.
Lavinia stencil, laurel.
Inks, forest moss, spiced marmalade, and rusty hinge.
It’s a bit brighter for real.

Absolutely perfecf Autumn card Lilian,  that combination of inks work perfectly together too.  Beautiful card, thank you so much for making a card for this Challenge. XXX


Maria


Maria's Description:

Everything is dies by Sue W like the Celebration shadow Box, Life is a Garden and leaves from the Sycamore branches done with pixie powder. I made this card at a John Lockwood workshop. 

Gorgeous card Maria,  I do love this style of card from Sue Wilson,  your Autumn version is amazing,  love the colours too.  Thank you so much for sharing it with us XXX

The cards below are from the same Challenge back in 2020 

Brenda


Brenda's Description:

Have managed to make one challenge card, the stamp is one I’ve had for ages it’s from Joanna Sheen, From her House  Mouse range, It called ‘LOVE Sunflowers’  I’ve had this for years so not sure if it’s still available.
I stamped the image and coloured it in with my Copic pens. I also tried colouring it with coloured pencils but opted to use this image. We’ll save that one for another day.

Janet 

Janet's Description:

My first CC this week was made using LaBlanche papers and cut outs. These papers etc are from the same set I used a few weeks ago.I had been asked to make a 'Thank You' card by a lady who wished to say 'thank you' to a gentleman who had been and cut her lawn.


Sonia


Sonia's Description:

I punched some leaves in brown, green and yellow card stock and arranged them on a thin circle die cut frame to arrange as a wreath. The flowers and the hessian embossing folder are from Crafter’s Companion. I’ve added some gold gilding wax to the embossed panel and leaves - although it’s not really showing up in the photo. The sentiment is LOTV.

Sue


Sue's Description:

A beautiful Autumnal card from Sue for this weeks challenge,  Sue used some beautiful Autumnal  papers, Sue stamped and die cut the leaves, and coloured them with Distress Oxides.  They look so realistic Sue.

*********************

Ladies thank you so much for taking part in our Autumn challenge both this week and for those cards that were from the same Challenge back in 2020. ❤

I hope you all have an enjoyable Sunday, 

Love & huge hugs,

Sandra
xxxxxx

7 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Love all of the cards on display, old and new ☺️
    Glad you had a nice day yesterday, and Paul was well looked after too. Your lunch looks delicious 😊
    Blue sky and sunshine here at the moment, it does make a nice change, but it’s chilly out there!
    Hope you all have a lovely day whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Lots of autumnal cards old and new, the autumn palette is so beautiful, I think they are my favourite colours. Many years ago I went with the girls to a colour therapist and my colours were all autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think the Gremlins took over there because I hadn’t finished what I was saying! My colours were all in the autumn palette. Think they may have changed now - my hair was dark brown and my skin looked bright and glowing. Now I just look grey and pale!! 😂
      So pleased you had a good day yesterday with Karen, think the change probably did both you and Paul good even if he only got to read his book (he wouldn’t have sat reading at home, so in a way he was relaxing) it was a long way to go but sounds worth it, WOW Paul’s lunch looks great and there is so much in the box. Hope he enjoyed it.
      Take care my lovely friend, whatever you are doing today enjoy it and try not to overdo things.
      Sending caring hugs, Brenda xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in. What a beautiful lot of cards to enjoy today, both the new ones and the old ones too. The colours are so beautiful. A card I started but didn’t get to finish is still sat on my desk, which I managed to clear enough to find my glass mat!
    Sandra I am so envious that you got to go to the workshop and see Karen. I hope I get to go too next time. Your lunch looked delicious again. And how nice that Paul was fed and watered too. A great day for both of you to relax which both of you needed and deserved. It was lovely to see Canadian relative who is staying in London. Mum was very close to him and his wife so we spent time reminiscing with lots tears of sadness but more of laughter as we talked of things Mum had said and done 🥰
    I hope you are all safe from storms. It is heartbreaking to see the devastation flooding alone leaves behind. These poor people are totally helpless against it aren’t they.
    We are having a quiet day, just on cat feeding and fussing duty for Tim and family while they are away. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got in from Bedford Stamparama It was a lovely day out and I did spend a bit (too much probably!) I will send a photograph to SANDRA I thoroughly enjoyed yesterday’s workshop and hopefully you enjoyed it SANDRA and that it did you and Paul good to have a break from unpacking boxes Just a shame that it’s a long journey for you
    Today’s cards are lovely I love the warm autumn colours too
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone, sunny here today, but still rather chilly.

    The cards are all great, although I really don’t like autumn much, especially after next week when the time alters and we get the long dark evenings, roll on spring.

    Still haven’t found my new stencils, hope I didn’t throw them out with the packaging.

    Have a good evening all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    Wonderful autumnal cards ladies. Love the colours.
    Nice lunch pack Sandra, sure you enjoyed it all and the crafting away from unpacking for a while.
    Looking forward to see what you bought Karen, glad you had a good day out.
    Sound a lovely day meeting up with family Sue. Many memories.
    Hope you all had a good day and will have a good night. Hugs to you all Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete