Saturday 24 December 2022

Happy Christmas Eve

 



Maria's Crystal Art Painting

Good Morning Ladies, 

We had a very wet and miserable day yesterday,  we needed the lights on in the morning it was so dark. I was glad we didn't have to go out anywhere!

We spent the afternoon having a marathon wrapping session, this is when I regret buying lots of little stocking fillers!   We bought a load of plastic free wrapping paper this year, only yesterday I realised it was virtually see through!!  After using up what we had bought we reverted to the massive roll of brown paper I bought last year, the problem with it is that the cellotape doesn't want to stick to it, making wrapping a real challenge, the good thing is it's all recyclable this year!  

Today I will cook the ham (it's huge) as it was the only one we could get !   Our Turkey crown is a medium one this year it only takes around two hours to cook so I think we will cook it Christmas day instead of Christmas eve.  With all the wrapping done we will have time to prep more of the food for Christmas day.  The girls are cooking dinner tonight so it will be a nice relaxed Christmas Eve for a change, the girls still like to choose where to hang their Stocking, they never wanted Santa to come in their bedroom, we always woke to our stocking at the end of our bed as Children, we would all take them into Mum & Dads room and open them on their bed.  My mum would be banging about by 6am as she was excited for us to get up and open our presents.  We must remember to put a Tangerine and a walnut in their stocking this year as they moaned I hadn't done it last year! 

Today I am sharing Maria's gorgeous Crystal Art Painting,  its justvso beautiful the photo has captured the glimmer as the light hits the Crystal beads,  What a stunning Christmas image too, that dog is looking at the bird with curiosity, having a snowy scene makes it so festive, what a lovely gift that you can get out every year, I have my one out that you sent me Maria. πŸ₯°πŸ˜ 

Thank you so much for sharing it with us Maria, I am looking forward to see the nect one xxx

I hope that you all have a productive day,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                  xxxxxx 

3 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Happy Christmas Eve πŸŽ…πŸΌπŸŽ„ xx
    Maria, your crystal art is so beautiful, I love it 😍
    Reading about all of your Christmas traditions bought a tear to my eye and made me feel quite emotional πŸ₯Ή We also used to open our stockings on my mum and dads bed, but not before 7am…..although as we got older, I learnt that my Dad was always awake way before that, and had wanted to get us up earlier πŸ˜‚ We use to hang our stockings on the top bannister and I’d get up numerous times through the night to go to the loo just so I could see if Santa had been ☺️
    Maria, sorry to hear you and Rick aren’t feeling too good, hope you can still enjoy the festivities.
    Brenda, safe journey to Essex.
    I hope you all have a lovely day today, enjoying your traditions and being with loved ones πŸ₯°
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    MARIA your crystal art is just magical and so fits the Season.

    All's presents for Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren etc will be collected this afternoon by Nick so they can be dropped off at David Robert and Pips this evening when the children are well and truly in bed and asleep. Christina came over on Thursday so I will have seen both of them before Christmas day.
    After that we shall have a quiet evening with a glass of red wine and watch an old film.

    HUGS are on their way to you all. Please take great care whether you are travelling or just staying at home. Stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good afternoon and a Happy Christmas Eve to you all. 😊
    hank you Sandra for showing my dog and birds CA, isn't he too cute. I have bought myself a folder to put them in (30x40) ones is my fav. to make, not the big thing you sent a photo of Sandra, you would need a big table for that one 😁
    Dinner prepped and beef is boiling away so we sitting here watching old films with a gluewine in our hands and some ginger biscuits. Spoke to step-son who now live in Spain, they have been invited to a Christmas to one of the Spanish teachers in the school he works in so sure they have plenty of food today πŸ˜‰
    Also spoken to SIL and she is so upset that we can't join them tomorrow but if the younger daughter know she got covid and she is coming over I do not wan't the risk for us to get it again so we have a quiet day at home and speaking to son in the afternoon by Skype which will be really nice.
    Have a good day everyone and many warm hugs are on its way to you all. Maria xx

    ReplyDelete