Wednesday 14 December 2022

Brenda's Amazing Christmas card

 


Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

I hope today finds you all well, sending love and gentle hugs to those of you that are feeling under the weather.                                                                       Talking of weather we still have a fair amount of snow laying about around us, the hospital had a good few inches of snow still on the ground yesterday, it was treacherous in places.  The temperature isn't rising enough to melt the frozen snow.                                                                                   The Radiographer was lovely yesterday, she was very thorough, I was having to physically concentrate to not lose any of the 1.5 litre of water I had to drink an hour before my appointment, having a UTI didn't help.  Anyway fingers crossed I will get some feedback from the GP soon, the lady said she would email everything to our GP by mid afternoon yesterday.  So how long will I have to wait I wonder ?! 🤔 

My sister met some lovely friends while on holiday in September this year, they were invited over to Germany to visit them and visit Christmas Markets,  they flew out last Thursday and were supposed to fly home on Sunday night but all flights were cancelled out of Hannover due to snow,  they were supposed to fly into Heathrow,  they initially told them they wouldn't be able to fly out until Tuesday/Wednesday,  which just didn't work as they both had important work commitments, after many hours of discussions they were able to find alternative routes home,  it cost them £500 more!! They also were flying into London City instead of Heathrow, they also had to fly out of Hannover onto Amsterdam and then to London City,  once they got to Amsterdam they were left waiting as London City Airport hadn't opened yet,  so they were left waiting,  eventually they were diverted again this time to Southampton,  which then cost an Extra £100 for Train Tickets!  She was so relieved to be home bless her she was tearful, she said would NEVER fly in Winter again.  It's such a shame as they had a wonderful time with their friends and she said the German Christmas Markets were hust incredible. She is hoping to claim some of their extra expenses back. It is so shocking that just a few centimetres of snow can cause so much chaos!! How do countries like Canada cope ??

Brenda had a lovely craft session on Monday and has very kindly shared her creations with us, I am showing one of the cards today, it is so lovely.  The cards started out with Brenda playing with Yupo paper and Alcohol inks, on the card above the Alcohol ink piece is just so lovely, it really works as the sky outside of that beautiful die cut window, I am always so tempted to buy this die, I  really love those candles too.  Everything about your  composition works beautifully Brenda, you must be so delighted with it.  Thank you so much for sharing your lovely Christmas card with us. 

I finally got my Christmas cards in the post yesterday, which is such a relief.  Let's hope they all arrive before the postal strikes return! 

I hope that you all have a lovely day, 

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                  xxxxxx


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Brenda I have never tried Yupo paper
    I am so pleased you have had the scan If the radiographer has emailed the findings to your GP then you will know them straightaway even if that just means you need a referral to a urologist
    The funeral went as well as a funeral can do and fortunately most of the roads were clear of snow
    This afternoon we are helping our daughter So I will not be card making etc
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    A gorgeous card by our Brenda. Lovely to see you able to make some cards again.
    Sandra, hoping for you to get help and you soon feel better. Take care.
    Popped into town this morning, having brunch in P. Valerie. Got all cards away but 1🤭 and the neighbours left to do. Need to do a big tidying up afterwards 🥴
    Have a good day everyone, many warm hugs to you all 😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in today.
    Brenda, what a beautiful card. I love that window die and the background looks just like the sky. It is so good to see you feeling up to crafting xx
    Sandra, I am hoping that you get the results very soon. Surely they won’t keep you waiting anymore. Sending you gentlest hugs my lovely xx
    Karen, you will love playing with Yupo paper and alcohol inks. I could bring mine for you to have a play with at our next meet up (along with a plastic cloth to protect the table and plastic gloves🤭)xx
    It is still in minus figures here but snow free and very little ice about so it’s deceiving when you look outside.
    Just got back from having Covid booster. Up until now each time I have been ok and feel fine now too but Gem had hers at the same time and her arm is hurting already. But she had reactions from all of hers. Funny how it reacts differently for us isn’t it. I hope you all stay warm and safe. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Thank you ladies for liking my card, it was a bit dull when I took the picture so it is actually much brighter than it appears here. The dies I got on Amazon both the window and candles came as a set for £7.99 I’m really pleased with them although I have had to use a shim for the bottom of the window, but that could be my plates needing replacing!
    Sandra I hope you got some answers from you GP today 🤞 these UTIs are happening all to often, also you shouldn’t be fobbed off by stroppy receptionist.
    I have been to the R Marsden today for a PET scan, fingers crossed I should get some answers next week when I attend my clinic appointment.
    Hope everyone has had a good day.
    Take care, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    I love your card Brenda. The alcohol ink background is beautiful. I have that candle die and seeing your beautiful card has made me want to get it out and use it again 😊
    Fingers crossed you don’t have to wait too long for the results Sandra xx
    Hope your scan went well today Brenda, and the results are positive xx
    It’s still so very cold here, but most of our snow has now melted. At least it’s dry and bright for the time being. The snow does seem to cause havoc here doesn’t it? Your sister must’ve been so relieved to get home after the delays and detours.
    Hope you’ve all had a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete