Thursday 1 December 2022

Gold foiled Christmas card






Good Morning Ladies,

Let's Welcome in December,  it has arrived a lot sooner that I expected but lets enjoy it now it's here ๐Ÿง‘‍๐ŸŽ„

I hope that you are all well,  it has been so cold here this past few days, yesterday felt really cold, the sun did shine eventually but it just didn't warm up, I  think that the temp on Sophie's car was 4°.  It was my longest venture out since being poorly and boy did I feel it when I got home, I ended up getting in bed with a hot water bottle, to try and stop the shivers.   Hopefully the new antibiotics will kick in today.  

I did manage to finish my card, I used my old Sue Wilson Christmas Background die and cut it twice, once on matt gold metallic card, 1 in white 300gsm card and layered the two together,  this gives better depth, which shows the detail of the die better.  The background paper is cream with gold foiling, it doesn't show up so well in photo.  I die cut some of Chloe’s Christmas flowers and layered them up using some plain card and some gold foiled cream card. I finished centres with gold metallic die cut pieces and gem stones.  The final finishing touches where a foil edge ribbon bow and a few extra diamantรฉ.  

Now Ladies would you like this 'Old Die' Challenge to run for another week OR do you want to have a 'Free style '  Challenge??

I hope that you have a fab Thursday, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                  xxxxxx



7 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    A beautiful card SANDRA.
    Looking through my folders I had really forgotten how many dies I really have. Another 'OLD DIE' challenge would suit for next week for me.

    I am bogged down writing Seasonal Cards and Dec birthday cards. I cannot see the dining table so today will be spent trying to get things sorted.

    KAREN I hope the antibiotics kick in very soon.

    HUGS on their way to you all. Please take care and stay safe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe we’re in the last month of the year and I have definitely not bought any Christmas gifts etc yet
    I’m up for an old die challenge again Like most of us I have a ton of old dies
    I have woken up feeling slightly better - let’s just see how the day goes
    How are you getting along with your new Sizzix MARIA?
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love your card today, it’s beautiful ๐Ÿ˜
    I’m happy to carry on with this challenge for another week too.
    Well, my cold has finally come out, so I’m dosed up and trying to keep warm before going into work for a late shift today.
    Have a good day everyone, stay warm.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    I thought I had better get in and leave a comment before I fall asleep again. I sat down mid morning as I was feeling breathless next thing I knew it was almost lunch time, and I still have no problems sleeping at nighttime.
    Sandra I love today’s card, thank you for your inspiration, I’m happy for you to carry on the same challenge this week, to be honest I had a card ready to send last week, but my memory being what it is these days I forgot to send it, and it will definitely fit in with this weeks challenge.
    Hope you’re feeling a bit warmer today and your medication has started to kick in, take care my lovely sending you a big warm hugs.
    Sending best wishes to everybody on the blog hope you are all keeping safe and warm.
    Take care, love Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Beautiful card Sandra and pretty x-mas roses.
    I hope you have a nice day and well wishes are being sent to anyone poorly, get better soon.
    Yesterday's play with the sizzix didn't happen for my stomach was not too good and also this morning I'm still sore but today is a little special day so we are going out for a meal later on.
    I'm happy to have this week's cc for another week and then I really need to get the x-mas cards done. I have about fifteen still for going abroad and the days are running away so best get a move on. Fingers crossed tomorrow will work out.
    Love and warm hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello All, it’s been dry and sunny, but oh so cold.

    Food delivery today, was surprised at how much just a few groceries came to. Good job the pension is going up next year.

    Sandra a really beautiful card today, make sure your getting enough rest. Hope the antibiotics are having some effect by now.

    Haven’t done much today, all of my joints have been aching, not sure why, but hands are too sore to craft.

    Sending hugs to all Lilian.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra and all looking in today.
    What a beautiful card. I love the white/gold combo. And that background die is so pretty. I haven’t finished my card yet but I would like this challenge to run for another week. I hope you start to feel a bit better tomorrow my lovely xx
    Maria, sorry you are still not too good. I hope you improve tomorrow xx
    We have been sorting out when and where for seeing family and friends over the festive season today. Sending hugs. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete