Wednesday 7 December 2022

A few Oldies








Good Wednesday Morning Ladies,

I hope today finds you well, we have had a somewhat busy 24hrs as Paul got his dates muddled and the house visit is in fact today and not tomorrow!! I only knew because I checked to see if they gave a time, but no they don't, it's between 9 am and 3pm !  I looked at date and thought 'I'm sure that the 7th is Wednesday not Thursday, this was at around 3pm yesterday,  so you can imagine the panic that went through my mind!  But I sat and thought about it and the fact that the house is actually fine, as I said on the weekend this is our home, we live as we live.  I did insist on all bathrooms being spotless the floors vacuumed and washed over, cobwebs removed and windows cleaned, we muddled through and got it mostly finished by tea time. 
So sadly I had no time to craft, in fact I need to go and have a tidy in my craft room this morning as it is a disaster area as usual !! 
So I went way back in my card archives and found these beauties,  I believe they date back to 2014/2015, it's crazy to think that that is 8 years ago.  

The first two cards were made using Sue's First Die Launch 'The Californian Collection'  I used those dies loads during that first year of having them.  I prefer the more traditional colour card to the white and silver one, I think I got a bit carried away with flowers on the that one 😂😂

The third card has to be one of my favourites, I really love that sentiment die, the SW embossing folder framed it perfectly.

The 4th card was a Precious Marieke die I believe, I quite liked it in Navy and White but would like to make one with a scene in background.

The last card was made using the same SW Christmas Background die that I used last week, it is timeless, one of those dies that you can use year after year and it won't look dated. Having said that I think the bow looks ridiculous and I should have used a different flower!  Oh how tastes have changed. 

I hope you enjoyed that little walk down memory lane, I would love to see some of your old Christmas cards. 

I hope that you all have a good day, wrap up warm ladies,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx


5 comments:

  1. The cards are beautiful I had to smile when you were said “I’d change this and do that” Our styles change over the years and we’re our own worst critics
    I hope the inspection goes OK It should work both ways that a) you’re not wrecking the place and b) show them the things that need fixing
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello what a great bunch of beautiful flowers, I’m glad the fashion for all the big flowers has gone, I never could get them to look good.

    Have finished my card for this week and for once it’s turned out how I planned it, first time for ages

    The gas engineer has just arrived , he seems a bit puzzled, hope he can fix what ever is wrong, the radiators are only Luke warm. Am dressed up in all my warm woolies.

    Sandra hope the inspection goes well, and she registered your complaints.
    Had my diabetic eye check up this morning, all looks well thank goodness.
    R has a really bad cold and I feel I’m coming down with it as well, hope not.

    Hoping you are all keeping well . Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in today. What a lovely amble (such an old fashioned word 🤣) down the older cards lane. I remember us having a play with your
    ?cricut? machine at the bungalow trying to see if we could get it to cut out that gorgeous sentiment on card no 3 (still one if my all time favourite cards I think) I’m hoping you are relaxing a bit now my lovely xx
    I hope you are all in the warm. I had to pop to the shop and it is really chilly. We had a thick frost here last night.
    Lilian, I’m thinking of you especially. Fingers crossed your radiators are now getting hot xx
    I have started3 different challenge cards and have binned all of them! Trying something totally different now.
    Sending hugs and hoping you take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Another great selection of cards today, they’re beautiful 😍
    I need to have another look through my old dies as I’ve not started on this weeks card yet. I’ve got a few so the hardest part is deciding which to use! ☺️
    Hopefully you’re relaxing now after the inspection and all went well.
    Hope you’ve all had a good day and are managing to stay warm.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Lovely walk down memory Lane, I love all of these beautiful cards they all deserve a second showing. xx Love yesterday’s card, I had forgotten about the beautiful PInk Frog Red card we had bought, it looks so rich.
    Hope everyone has had a good day, take care and sleep well.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete