Saturday 26 February 2022

Mixed Up saturday

 


Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

I hope you are all ok and preparing to have a lovely relaxing weekend.   We are going to have exactly that, maybe some time in the garden, definitely some time in the craft room.  I find the news so distressing right now,  I don't know why I am finding it so hard to watch, I feel so sorry for Ukraine,  I obviously wouldn't want it to turn into a world war but I just hate to see Ukraine fighting such an impossible battle on it's own.  The 'sanctions ' will have little effect. Seeing those poor families trying to flee their family homes, taking only what they can carry is just heartbreaking 😢 

Anyway let's change the subject...

Diecutting Essentials Issue 87




Issue 87 Features a Crafters Fairy Wishes Edger Die by Crafter’s Companion.  It's a nice die if Fairies are 'your thing'!  Some of the projects featuring the die are quite nice. 



This feature shows you how to get the best results from your free die set. She has designed some lovely cards that really show the die off nicely.  There is a little highlight showing you how to create a full set of wings for the fairy (rather than side view).






I love this technique, I did create a YouTube video on it a few years ago.  It's basically allowing your floral die cuts to flow out of the die cut frame, it looks really effective and it easier than you think to do. I really do like these techniques that allow us to get more out of the stash we already have. 


A bit of fun with Shrink Plastic in this featur, I haven't used it fot years, I guess it would make fun embellishments.  



I like this technique, I have seen dies that have the words integrated into the die itself. But you only have that one word, using this technique you can make whatever word you like for your cards, it looks quite straightforward too. 



Some more cards using the Fairy Edge Die, I love the shades of purple the designer has used. There are some free paper downloads to go with this die included in the magazine.  




This feature shows you how to stretch your Watercolour Skills, using watercolours combined with die cutting and embossing, you will die cur through 2 pieces of card, I cuts through the first layer and  has just embossed the flower into the second layer, the embossed piece is where you will add the watercolour, so the die cut layer will be an aperture. I might have a go at this. 



A lovely technique that will add dimension to your cards, simply by stacking stand alone dies to create dimension,  whether it's using different colours of individual flowers stacked up using foam pads etc or using a Sentiment die raised on foam pads over other die cuts. Quite clever and effective .

Thats all for this review,  there are other features in the magazine but I want to leaves some bits to surprise you if you buy it . xxx


Craft Shopping 

Karen


Karen was lucky enough to have an afternoon out to Country view Crafts this week with her lovely friend Kat, who also did some craft shopping,  in fact Kat bought the new Sizzix Switch Die Cutting machine, I watched Tim Holtz demonstrate his version of it and it looks a great, versatile machine, I would love to hear how Kat gets on with it. 
Karen,  I love all of your shopping, Tracy's new Stamps are beautiful, that large stamp includes focal images, background stamps and bits to create embellishments, who could want more?! I love that background die too, great for journalling!! I use my fan brush all the time to add little splatters to my cards. 
I look forward to seeing what you create, thank you for sharing your shopping with us XXX 

Michele 






Michele has done a bit of Craft Shopping this last week too.  The Hunkydory Sentiment Strip pad is Amazing,  you get so many words and sentiments for your cards making them more versatile than  the TH ones I have, I will definitely be adding these to my shopping basket, you can ink them to match your card colour too.  
How fantastic are those Sentiments stamps and matching dies?? These would be the perfect finishing touch to your projects, you could use the stamps to create backgrounds be repeat stamping, then maybe highlight one with a die cut !! 
Some brilliant purchases Michele,  I hope that they inspire you to get Crafting. 
Thank you so much for sharing your shopping XXX


That's all for today my lovelies, 

Have an amazing weekend,  

Love and hugs to all of you  

Sandra 
xxxxx 

5 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Great quote. Karen-your crafty shopping looks lovely.

    I actually got 4 sets of dies & stamps, I used a discount code so if anyone is interested then just let me know and I’ll happily share it.
    We actually have a day where it’s not windy-thank goodness.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote OH has got to the point where he asks if I want to keep boxes!
    I don’t do fairies so I will definitely pass Thank you for the review though
    I really enjoyed my trip to CVC Susan is lovely We drink coffee and just explore Kat took old Sizzix plates and was able to physically try out the machine It is very sleek and is very quiet Although it’s an A4 machine it looks quite small if soace is a premium It is mightily expensive though OH has just gone to work So I’m off to craft
    The news is very upsetting I so agree with you SANDRA The sanctions will not hurt Putin just the population that didn’t want this in the first place
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Great magazine review. Like the look of some of the articles 😊 Thanks for sharing.
    Great crafty buys Karen and Michele. Will look forward to seeing what you create 😊
    The news is so very distressing. The reports and video footage coming through break my heart, seeing so many innocent people suffer 😢
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello All, sunshine and windy, great washing day for drying the clothes.

    You should see all the boxes I have in garage for “ just in case”, R is threatening to take them to the skip, so I shall have watch him in case he sneaks them out, although I don’t suppose I’ll have the right size when I need one.

    Crafty shopping looks great. I love all of Tracy’s new stamps, but trying hard not to spend as I haven’t used the last ones

    Great magazine review, some very interesting articles, although don’t think I would want that die.

    Have a nice day whatever you are doing , Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone
    Thanks for the magazine review Sandra . 🤗I like the idea with embossing and die cutting together and also the overhang idea so maybe they could be for the CC one day. 🤭
    Fab shopping from our Michele and Karen.
    Looking forward to see what you make. I might get some of the stamps at AP 😉

    Have a good day everyone and many hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete