Monday 14 February 2022

Janet's Beautiful Vintage Inspiration Card






 Good Monday Morning Ladies,

How true is that saying, although I think it should say ''There is nothing on this earth more precious than true Friendship''.  I feel totally blesses having your wonderful friends in my life, so I wish you all a Happy Valentines Day. 

I felt like I needed to get in my craft room just to occupy my mind yesterday afternoon, we spent the morning snuggled up talking about how we felt after yesterday's visit to see Paul's Dad.  It was hands down one of the hardest experiences of my life, seeing someone you love so agitated and unsettled was just so hard to see, let alone seeing him so thin and lifeless.  It made my mind clear about the Girls and Matt going to visit, of course I wouldn't stop them if they really wanted to go but I think it would haunt them, they are used to seeing a very different 'Grandad' and I am pretty sure he wouldn't want them to see him like that either. They can go and spend time with Grandma of course.  I chatted with one of the Nurses and she explained that his agitated state was just part of the Brain Tumour's progress, I couldn't help thinking about how he must be feeling inside, how much he is aware of etc??  It's just so heartbreaking.  

Today's card is one of Janet's Favourite Vintage style cards, I can see why too, the image of the Lady is just beautiful, i always wonder who these women are in these 'stock photos'. Janet has framed the beautiful image with the most delicate lace trim that has tiny diamantes in each of the loops, so pretty, the frame is finished with that gorgeous spray of flowers trimmed with a bow, the die cuts give real texture to the background paper , everything works together perfectly.  Such a stunning card Janet, thank you so much for the Inspiration.

I am hoping to start on a Vintage Journal Page today, I hope that some of you get to do some crafting too!

Sending love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                                                                                          xxxxxx

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Janet I can never seem to get lace or ribbon to work on cards I make
    It is so upsetting to see loved ones so agitated etc and like you say how aware of it all is he I agree with you I certainly wouldn’t stop the girls and Matt visiting but certainly wouldn’t encourage them to go It truly isn’t worth them going What can they do? They certainly haven’t got a magic wand to make things better and he probably won’t realise they are there anyway So what’s the point in them going It is haft nicer all around that they remember him as he was All they can do is support their gran
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Happy Valentine’s Day my lovely friends 🥰 xx
    A beautiful quote for today.
    Janet your card is so beautiful, from the delicate lacy frame to your lovely arrangement of flowers. I love it, thank you for sharing 😊
    It is very hard for you seeing Pauls Dad like that, and my heart goes out to you all xx
    A few things to do today, then I’m hoping to do some more crafting. I had fun yesterday morning, making my own collage paper after watching a YouTube video from Tiffany Solorio. I love her style and her YouTube channel has loads of inspiration, tutorials, hints and tips 😊
    Have a good day everyone. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, a quick note before my family arrive, haven’t seen them for nearly two years, so really excited.

    Happy Valentine to all, love the quote, so very true.

    Janet your card is really lovely, I’m not much good at using lace on my cards, but you make it look perfect.

    No crafting for a few days, hope you all have a nice day, Lilian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    A Beautiful card Janet. I love that picture and your pretty lace and flowers. Thank you for sharing.

    Sandra, sending you all hugs. I guess you can't stop the children to go and see their granddad but it would be very sad to see him in the stage that he is in now from what they are used to.

    Lilian- have a wonderful time with the family! Try not to overdo things tho and make your back hurting more x

    Have a nice day everyone whatever you are up to today. Many hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete