Wednesday 16 February 2022

A Vintage Journal Page

 


Good Morning Ladies, 

I hope today finds you all well, or as well as can be expected 😊  Sending gentle hugs to those of you not feeling on top form 😘

I spent yesterday moving all of my StampinUp! Stamps to a bigger bookcase, in an ongoing effort to make more room in my craft room, I wanted them in alphabetical order too to make them easier to find, we have spilled out into the hall now though, I was suffering though after perming Lucy’s hair on Monday evening,  standing putting the rollers in absolutely killed my knees, (not that I would let on though)! She was happy with the results thats all that matters,  we will have to find a different arrangement for putting them in.  My craft room looked a little less cluttered which was a bonus,  the progress was slow, a did a couple of letters at a time, organising them on the shelf, Paul is working from home so we had plenty of 'Tea Breaks' ! 

Today's Journal page was started a couple of weeks ago when I added the Texture Paste to the journal pagel, I picked it up again yesterday when I added the script stamping and the Vintage Photo Distress Oxide all over the page, I wanted the bricks lighter so I sanded them back a bit, I needed to ink over them to get the areas between the bricks, they just looked wrong being white.  I added the Vine leaf stamp from Very Vintage stamp set, to give more interest to the background, I decided to use my Tom Holtz Wildflower dies for the main feature of the card, I inked them with DO's, I finished the page with a Seam Binding bow and a tag featuring the word 'Bloom'.  I think it's finished, thats the fun ofca journal page, you can keep playing 😜

I hope you all have a good day 

Love and hugs to all of you, 

Sandra                                                                              xxxxxx 

4 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    Love everything about your journal page, very vintage looking 😊
    I’m in the middle of one too, using my homemade collage paper. I’m hoping to finish it today as I’m back to work tomorrow.
    Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Love today’s journal page, lots of texture and interest going on there.
    I’m keeping this short just in case it doesn’t publish!!!
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the page SANDRA I hope to “play” later I have an idea in my head!
    We went to see Saturday Night Fever last night I was a little disappointed I think it may have been a stand in Don’t get me wrong I enjoyed it but much preferred the version with Adam Garcia
    There was a very dodgy looking Bee Gees group singing the songs too Not sure I liked all of the contemporary dance he did either I wanted to see The Hustle etc!
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Wonderful journal page Sandra !
    Hoping all goes well for you today Brenda,hugs
    Anyone in pain today, I am sending you some extra hugs. I am not moving very far today so feeling pretty annoyed with myself but going out tomorrow so need to rest.
    Lillian, have another lovely day with the family.
    Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete