Sunday 7 March 2021

Your Challenge Cards

 



Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all well, we had a bright and beautiful day yesterday but boy was it chilly, I have to say that I spent most of the day playing in my craft room.  I didn't want to push myself after feeling so terrible on Thursday, if it warms up a little today I may venture out for an hour, just to observe and Supervise 😉😂 of course!!   
What did you all do, any gardening or crafting???

I am not going to hold you up, I know you want to get straight on with viewing today's amazing Gallery of Inspiration , so here you go......................................


Janet





Two stunning cards from Janet for our 'Fun Fold' Challenge this week.  Both completely different in style.  We have a lovely Z fold and an Easel card that Janet has made more interesting by using a die cut shape for the easel.  I am going to guess that the first card was made with gorgeous Stamperia papers!! The easel card looks like one of Janet's fantastic Tonic creations!!  Let's find out.......

Janet's Description :

I have made a new card and dug out an old one too.

My first card is made once again using STAMPERIA papers.This week the papers are from their 'PROVENCE' range.

My second card for this week is an old one from a few years ago and made using TONIC dies and papers.


Janet thank you so much for more inspirational Challenge cards XXX




Karen











3 incredible, different 'Fun Folds' from Karen for our Challenge this week.  I have to say that your Dad's birthday card is brilliant Karen.  Your first card is a fantastic fold, again this is one that I have never tried so thanks for the inspiration, I love the bright colours you have used, they work brilliantly with that fun topper.  
Your last card is just perfect, I love everything about it, adding that black mat really lifts that soft purple colour. 

Karen's Description:

Card 1 & 3 :

Here are two cc The arty one is for my niece and is a MCS image and background I embossed with a Create/Inspire folder It is matted onto blue card but looks black in photo A simple gatefold card with image in one side and frame on the other I think it has a name but don’t know it The second card is a revamped fold back card using a SW die

Card 2:

Here is my other CC for my Dad...

Turning it into twisted easel I thought I couldn’t do sport as he misses it so much And ironically he always used a fountain pen He gave me a Parker pen when I passed 11+
I was going to do some stamping on the inside but the card has ridges and didn’t want to risk it I would never have put dark green and the brown together but it works I used Walnut Stain DO to colour the nibs and not Vintage Photo as suggested in magazine

Karen, thank you so much for 3 incredibly inspirational challenge cards XXX



Lilian


Lilian the papers that you have used for this weeks challenge card are just stunning, it looks like you have designed your own background paper to match that gorgeous floral paper too, wow I hadn't noticed that to start with I honestly thought it was all from a paper pad !!  Such a lovely fold that really highlights that beautiful topper.

Lilian's Description:

Here is my card for this week, couldn’t get a good picture, it’s a fold down corner card.

It’s Stamperia papers again, front is distressed Oxides with Lavinia stamps in the same colours.

Inside is stencilled, with the green.


Thank you so much Lilian for a truly stunning challenge card. XXX


Maria






Oh Maria, what an absolute WOW card, I love everything about it, from the actual Carousel fold itself  to the beautiful flower die cuts that you have used for each panel, those lovely soft green shades work so perfectly with the colours of the flowers.  You are really going to make somebody's day when they open this!

Maria's Description:

My fun fold for this week is called ,Carousel. Found it on pinterest and thought I give it a go. Know now I used to thick card because it has cracked a bit but it was something new and fun to make. All the papers are from my stash.


Maria, thank you so much for such an inspirational challenge card, I really want to have a go at one of these, I think it will take a lot of patience though!  XXX


Michele




Michele, two absolutely amazing challenge cards from you for our 'Fun Fold' theme this week, I am guessing Ella's Design before I have a peek at your description, I have to say that the backing papers that you have used for both cards are just perfect.  The bookworm card is something unusual and is such a refreshing change for childrens cards.  
I have to say that your first card looks like it could be made with the magazine freebies you featured yesterday, I guess you could use the two together.

Michele's Description:

Two challenge cards from me. First one is a double Z fold card, used one of the new digital downloads from Ella’s Design. Second card is a gatefold card also made using a new Ella’s Design Digi download .

Thank you so much Michele, I love both of your Challenge cards. You really know how to work magic with Dig kits! XXX

Sonia



How gorgeous is this Z Fold card, designed by Sonia for this weeks 'Fun Fold' Challenge?!  
I love that background paper, it works so well with the Kraft Card you have used for your focal element.  I have to say that I love all of Becca Feekin's dies and this one is no exception, adding the butterfly to the centre works perfectly.

Sonia's Description:

I purchased some digi papers from Lili Of The Valley and used one of them on my card. I used Amazing Paper Grace ‘Brillante Rondelle’ die for my focal point, cut out of Kraft card. I added a Tim Holtz butterfly, and the sentiment is from JustRite. I added gems to the punched flowers.


Thank you so much for creating such a stunning challenge card Sonia, I am so pleased you found time to sit and craft XXX

************************************

Thank you all so very much for another incredibly inspirational selection of Fun Fold cards, you absolutely smash these challenges week after week, maybe I need to get tougher !!!!😉😉

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx


8 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    What a fantastic selection of challenge cards today. I loved this challenge and only stopped at 22 cards as I ran out of time.

    I managed to get some time in my craft room yesterday and we also managed to go for a walk as the weather was lovely-sunny but cool.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    OH I love Sunday mornings and this week's cards have put a smile on my face. So many different themes and so much inspiration.

    Another nice start to the day here but oh it's really chilly not as though I shall be venturing out anywhere. What I'd really like to do is snuggle up with my book.We'll see how that pans out.lol.

    The CAFE isOPEN and as it's Sunday today's lunch is Roast Lamb with roast veg. Place your orders.
    HUGS are on their way to you all.PLEASE TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really lovely ideas ladies Looking at your photos is a lovely start to a Sunday I know weyour own worst critics and wish I’d done an ordinary easel card now instead of a twisted easel JANET’s looks so much nicer than mine
    That carousel fold look interesting MARIA I’d like to try that too
    I waxed one of the ottomans Can’t day I’m pleased as it’s showing up my dodgy painting but as they’re only for the garden it’ll do and I started a couple of cc Can you believe I have 5 family birthdays this weekend and next
    I will finish waxing the second ottoman today OH has found a website that sells end of rolls of fabric very cheaply So will look at that I wonder if they do samples I hate the idea of not being able to touch fabric before you buy
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    A gorgeous selection of cards today. They are all so lovely.
    Maria, your carousel card is stunning. That fold would make a lovely little photo album too.
    Glad that you managed to spend time crafting yesterday. I had a little play with my new gelli plate and my pixie powder - which I bought the last time and hadn’t got around to using ☺️ Hopefully more crafting today and I’m going to dye my hair! Only a semi permanent, because I’m now so fed up with the grey.
    Have a lovely day. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all in the cafe' this cool Sunday.
    A wonderful collection of some fun fold cards ladies. Beautiful papers around.
    I'd liked making the carousel fold and I like the idea Sonia to make a photo album but can you please advise what thickness of card to use as mine was cracking pretty bad ?

    Sun trying to come out so our walk this morning was alright but it is 0c so had to be padded.
    I'll see you later for lunch, sound very good Janet and I love roast lamb.
    Have a nice day everyone,lots of warm hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra and all in the cafe today. What a fabulous lot of cards as usual. I love the different folds.
    Maria, your card is brilliant. I love it and want to have a go at it one day xx
    Sandra I like the shopping you have bought. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. The mirror stamps look interesting. I hope you are having a quite restful day my lovely xx
    Karen, I can’t wait to see your ottomans. I would like to feel the fabric too as sometimes it puts you off doesn’t it. Hopefully you will be able to get some samples first xx
    Sending love and hugs to you all with the usual extras. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello All, lovely sunny day, but extremely cold.

    Fabulous selection of cards today, all so different. Great lot of inspiration.

    Hope you are all having a lovely Sunday, hugs Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandra And Ladies,

    I love all of the challenge cards today, Maria your card is a real WOW you certainly went that extra mile your card is fantastic,

    It has been a lovely sunny day, but outside it was so cold, I did go out into the garden but not for long.

    Sat down this afternoon to write my comment, I fell asleep and by the time I woke up it was time to make dinner. So really haven’t achieved very much today.

    Hope you have had a good day.
    Take care and stay safe, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete