Sunday 22 July 2018

Your Sketch Challenge Cards





Good Morning Ladies,

Welcome to your favourite day of the week, the day we share your amazing cards, there are some amazing cards this week, here we go.......

 Cheryl

Cheryl was first past the post with her challenge card this week, I received it at about 7:50am on Monday morning, that's amazingly dedicated.  
Cheryl made a lovely Christmas card this week, using beautiful flower theme papers and embellishments.
Thanks so much Cheryl for you super speedy response to this week's challenge.
XXX

 Janet

Janet has made a lovely music themed card.
That embossing folder you have used has so much depth and texture.
I will add Janets description below:

Here is my offering for this week's CC.

I used  Crafter's Companion 8x8 Efolder  'Parquet' for the background
            Crafter's Companion 'Gramophone Days' unmounted stamp.

I coloured the Lily with Spectrum Noir  Sparke pens and clear Sparkle pen for the metal pieces on the gramophone.

The strip of hessian and brads came from my stash box.

Thank you so much Janet for making time to make a card despite having such a busy week. 
XXX 

Karen

Karen has made a super cute Baby card for this weeks challenge. Thay background paper is so sweet, love your gorgeous bow too, here is Karen's description:

"Here’s my cc for this week I needed a Leaving to Have a Baby card and even though I had a totally different idea in my head that didn’t work I think this one is OK
She doesn’t know what she’s having so stuck with yellow and peach
Patterned paper is a C&C download 
SW  new addition dies and Pierced flag 
Hunkydory Moonstone sentiment and a bargain bucket EF"

Thanks Karen for designing such a cute card for this weeks challenge. 
XXX

Lilian

Lilian has made a cute Christmas card for this week's Challenge, that Robin is so cute, I love the detail of the feathers, you have coloured it beautifully too.
Thank you so much for taking part my lovely.
XXX

Lynda


Lynda has made two gorgeous  cards for this weeks challenge, the first one features gorgeous little Hegdehogs, Penny Black designs I believe.  The second card features some amazing foiling, pearl trim and beautiful die cut, finished with three little rolled roses.
Here is Lynda's description:

First card, papers from my stash, stamps from Wish, Spellbinders Tag.

"Hi Sandra this is my second CC
I hot foiled the background then cut the die in white & blue I off set them
& used three quilled flowers then put a ribbon with pearl droplets & pearl embellishments"

Thank you so much Lynda for two amazing cards. 
XXX

 Maria


Maria has made two lovely cards for this week's Challenge, a lovely Christmas card using some beautiful, delicately detailed snowflakes.
Maria's second card is an absolutely beautiful birthday card, I love the grey and yellow colour scheme and your lovely rolled roses, I think that the Vellum over the tag is a lovely touch. 
Thank you so much for making two fantastic cards Maria.
XXX

Nicki

Nicki has made a Wedding card for her friends that works for this week's Sketch.
I love both the composition and colour scheme of your card Nicki.
Thank you so much for taking part, It's lovely to see your cards on our line-up!
XXX

 Victoria

Victoria has made a lovely thank you card for this week's challenge, using Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper and matching card stock. 
Such a lovely card Victoria, thank you so much for taking part. 
XXX

Thank you ladies for taking part in this week's Challenge, I really appreciate the time you make to take part each week.


I hope that you are all having a lovely weekend, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra 
xxxxxx

21 comments:

  1. Morning ladies,

    What a wonderful array of cards this week and great to see Christmas appearing. I guess mine didn't get through to you yesterday Sandra? I've just checked and it left my end. Some Gremlin playing tricks no doubt.

    Just about to take Gracie out before it gets too warm and then I'm going to have a fun day tidying my craft room.

    Have a lovely Sunday everyone, whatever you're up to.

    Lots of love Valx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val
      Hope you and Gracie have a lovely walk before it gets to hot. Enjoy tidying up your craftroom.

      Delete
  2. Morning Everyone
    Oh I love seeing everyone's CCs first thing on a Sunday uall so different and inspirational.

    Once again we have a super busy day as we're off out all day with family.

    The CAFE is OPEN as usual though no Sunday lunch today.
    Have a good day whatever you're all up to.
    HUGS should be reaching you all very shortly.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Ladies

    Lots of lovely challenge cards today.

    I completely ran out of time this week so no card from me.

    Val-Ainsdale Station is looking really smart now, isn’t it? It’s the first station on the MerseyRail line to be refurbished.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't realized all the stations were being refurbished. Bromborough definitely needs it!
      Hope FIL has settled in.x

      Delete
    2. Hi Michele
      I hope FIL has settled in now.
      Talking about refurbishing stations. The tracks from Oxford are being renewed. So, if we were travelling to London by train which normally takes just over an hour. We’d get a replacement bus from Long Hanborough to Oxford. Then a replacement bus from Oxford to Didcot Parkway. Then a replacement bus to Reading. Then at long last a train from Reading to Waterloo. Then the underground from Waterloo to Paddington. Total travel time over 5 hrs. This train comes from Worcester so that would have to be added on to the journey as well.

      Delete
  4. Morning ladies,

    Some gorgeous creations today, love everyone of them.
    I lost my post yesterday, Internet gremlins in the works, then got so fed up with my computer playing up that I went out to help Jamie cutting the hedge by clearing up the debris.
    Some lovely hauls and gorgeous creations, well done ladies.

    I've been looking for a layout for my block Christmas cards and Monday's challenge fit the bill exactly to use up all the offcuts and older embellishments that gravitate to my scrap folders/boxes. I made 12 cards that morning, funny thing...I started another four just before lunch, with only the embellishments and sentiment to add, and came back to only 3..where the other one went is a mystery. Now I only have one 12x12" scrap box half full. For the folders I sorted out the best papers which has gone into another box for the Pre-School.


    Off for an early dip in the hot tub, if anyone is passing this way, call in and join me.

    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl
      Sounds like you had a productive day. I wonder where your other card went to. A bit like my craft stuff that goes walk about.
      Enjoy your dip in your hot tub.

      Delete
  5. Some gorgeous cards I like seeing how people have interpreted the challenge and what's been used and see if I recognise it
    For example I can see a sentiment tag on one of LYNDA's - Spellbinders I think and NICKI's EF - from a magazine that I a tubal ly bought too (get me)
    I have a confession to make - I thiink my card is the first time I have used "proper" ribbon! And I like it!
    I achieved absolutely nothing yesterday I couldn't even manage to finish a second CC I'd started I felt so lethargic So I'd better crack on
    Hope the visit to your FIL went OK MICHELE and have I missed the results of your appt on Friday MARGARET?
    Take care all I'll see you in the hot tub later CHERYL! Well i can dream can't I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was supposed to read "from a magazine I actually bought" gremlins and predictive text!

      Delete
  6. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Some great challenge cards today ladies. I see a few Christmas cards showing there faces as well. Good idea to get a head start.
    Sandra I hope your enjoying your time away at Danni’s. A nice break for you.
    Off to lunch later with Doreen as usual. I expect we’ll end up at Thrupp as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your lunch with Doreen Pat
      Have a good day Hug's xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lynda.
      The restaurant at Yarnton has changed to a Carvery. However, you pay for your meal after you’ve put in on your plate if that makes sense. Trouble is you have to wait in a queue, so by the time you’ve paid for it it could be cold. We’re all having a salad at the moment and so it’s not so bad. Not to sure what we’ll do when we start having hot food.

      Delete
  7. Good morning Sandra & ladies
    Lovely challange cards this morning all so very differant but all inspirational.
    SANDRA hope your enjoying your weekend with Dannii & family.
    CHERYL congratulation on being first with your challenge card.
    Making 12cards wow. Enjoy your hot tub.
    KAREN yes your right the tag was a spellbinders love using them.
    MICHELE. I hope your FIL was fine after visiting him yesterday & he's all settled in ok. Xx
    VAL hope Gracie enjoyed her walk & enjoy your day in your craft room.
    Nothing planed for today it's very muggy this morning the sun is out & it's hot.
    So maybe I will go in craft room & make some Christmas cards
    Have a lovely day & Hug's all round xx
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra and all in the Café today.
    I love each and every one of this week's wonderful challenge cards. Its good to see some lovely Christmas cards too. When my mojo decides to come back I will hopefully get a start on mine!
    Sandra, I'm sure you and Paul are having a great time with Danielle and her hubby. And doing some paper folding/ Origami with Kaylie too no doubt 😊
    I hope you all have a good day and can enjoy the pleasantly warm weather we have here at the moment as it is going to get much hotter again soon apparently! I going to get the ironing done while it isn't too hot then little Chris needs some fresh play dough so we will be making that in a while. The plan after lunch is for a lazy afternoon as we are going to be busy for a couple of days helping eldest son and family with their move.
    Mum, I'm so happy that you can get up and down the stairs now so can enjoy a shower 😊 love you xxxx
    Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Margaret Palmer22 July 2018 at 12:01

    Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Sandra lovely lot of challenge cards today. Hope you are enjoying your visit with Danielle, safe journey home.xxx
    Karen in answer to your question, the Surgeon was pleased with my progress & can now put weight on foot & now walking with sticks. It is lovely to sleep in my own bed & have a shower. He will see me again in 6 weeks to check on progress. How is Dad getting on? xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MARGARET
      My dad was in hospital for just over 4 weeks
      So that makes that he’s been home for about a fortnight I think he’s doing OK I haven’t spoken to him this week

      Delete
    2. That is good news MARGARET It must be a lovely feeling being able to go upstairs and be able to sleep in your own bed Nothing like it

      Delete
  10. Hi everyone.
    Wonderful cards on show ladies. So cute to see the animals on your card Karen and I love the x-mas card by Lilian. Lucky I'm not a judge for the cards because I could not choose a favourite. I like this sketch and will use it for some more cards. Nice to see more ladies joining in for the CC.
    Oh boy, was it not warm today ? and we still haven't had any proper rain here, it seem to go around us all the time. I spent the day at a workshop with Julia so when I got the cards together I will send them to Sandra.
    I hope you all had a nice day meeting up with friends or family today. See you tomorrow. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Sandra I hope you had a lovely weekend with Danielle and your journey home was safe and uneventful. xx

    What stunning challenge cards, I love the inspiring designs, Thank you everyone who sent Sandra their designs.

    Today we have spent almost the whole day in the garden, initially I went out to do some dead heading home - but as anyone who gardens knows one job leads to another, we eventually came indoors about 6.30. I could still have found more jobs.

    I hope everyone has had a good weekend.


    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lot of great cards with such a lot of inspiration. Sandra I must of finished my card sketch too late last night for you to get it onto your blog. I left it in the album in Stampin for all and also on Dannii's FB site too. If you still want it let me know and I will send it via email or something. xx

    ReplyDelete