Monday 2 July 2018

Monday Challenge & Happy Birthday Lynda



Lynda & Harry


Happy Birthday 
Lynda 
xxx

Good Morning Ladies,

I would like to start today by wishing our Very Special Friend Lynda the Happiest Birthday ever, I hope that you have a lovely day today and a year of good health, wealth and Happiness. !!!
Nobody could wish for a better friend than you Lynda, you are genuinely one of the kindest, most caring and generous ladies I know and I love you very much xxx

How lovely it that photo of Lynda and Harry, your cake looks lovely too!  Thanks for sharing the photo, I will share the rest on Saturday. xxx

Now onto today's topic which is this weeks Challenge, you may not be able to see from the photo but Lynda's birthday card is a Shaker Card, I know how much Lynda loves sequins so I just had to add some!! 
For this weeks challenge I would like you to make a 'Different' or 'Fun' Style of card, it can be absolutely any kind of card you like for example.....
An Easel Card,
A Shaker card
A Pop-Up Box or card
A Gatefold card
A Stepper card
even a card with an Aperture would be fine.
I am pretty sure that you can all manage one of those (or an idea of your own) quite easily.

Today's card I started by doing a Baby Wipe Technique Background, using different pinks and Flirty Flamingo and Blackberry Bliss of course!  I allowed it to dry and added some little dots of Versamark to which I added Copper Embossing Powder, I then heat set and went round the edges with more Blackberry bliss.  I then took one of the Delightfully Detailed Laser cut panels and coloured it with Blackberry Bliss ink, I glued a piece of Acetate to the back and then added some foam tape around the edges leaving NO gaps.  I stamped my Sentiment onto my now dry background in Blackberry Bliss and added Clear Embossing Powder and heat set.  I wiped over my background and the Acetate with an Anti-static bag, then placed a few sequins in the centre of the background and placed the Detailed Panel /Acetate onto the background, making sure the sentiment was central and the all of the tape was stuck securely so that the sequins couldn't escape!
I mounted this piece onto a Copper foil Mat followed by Black/Bliss Mat and then onto a white base card.
To embellish the card I made a few Rolled roses and arranged them into opposite corners with some Copper foil foliage, I had added some embossing powder and Wink Of Stella to the flowers for some extra sparkle! I covered some white pearls with Versamark and covered with Copper Embossing Powder and heat set, I added these around the Oval frame.

I hope you like your card Lynda, I think it covers just about every card making technique! 

I hope that you all enjoy this weeks challenge Ladies, I can't wait to see your cards.

Have a lovely day, especially you Lynda,

Love and Hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxxx



31 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone-

    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYNDA I hope you have a wonderful day doing whatever you wish.
    Well yesterday topped the 'heat' line. Just after noon my beautiful 'Angel' thermometer topped 39 so I have everything crossed that I can cross for a much lower temp for today. According to the Meteo yesterday was supposed the be the peak of the heat wave.

    I just have to get a line of washing out this morning and then it will be a whatever happens day here.

    SANDRA- this week's challenge looks good so I'll be putting on my thinking cap (if I can find it of course)lol and see what happens.

    HUGE HUGS are winging their way to you all. Take care whatever you do today.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JANET & for your gorgeous card xxx

      Delete
    2. Hi Janet
      My word that’s hot. Hope it’s a bit cooler today.

      Delete
  2. Morning Ladies

    Happy Birthday Lynda-hope you have a wonderful day.

    Sandra-beautiful Card today & an interesting challenge.

    Enjoyed going round the craft show yesterday, we didn’t stay too long as it was too hot. I bought one set of Dies which were reduced. Came home & realised I needed to make a card for my Brother in Law as it’s his birthday on the 15th (same day as my Dad) and it needs to go in the post tonight (to the USA). Card made & quick session on the computer then it was far too warm to stay in my craft room.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele .
      Glad you enjoyed the craft show xx

      Delete
    2. Thank for your lovely card Michele it came late this morning xx

      Delete
  3. Morning everyone.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYNDA. HOPE YOU HAVE A FABULOUS DAY WITH LOTS OF LOVELY SURPRISES. The photo of you and Harry is really lovely and should be in a frame XXX

    Very pretty card today Sandra and great challenge. Thinking cap on.

    Had a lovely day with Lynn in the pool yesterday. The water was so lovely and warm. I stayed in until my skin went wrinkly (well more wrinkly than normal) and then Lynn made a lovely lunch which we had under the fruit trees. A perfect day but wow am I aching this morning. I used muscles I don't usually use when I was swimming obviously.

    Waiting for the AirConditioning man to arrive. My craft room is in more of a mess as usual as he's moving my AC unit. He just said "I'll come on Monday" so I could still be waiting at 8 tonight. I hope he's early as I have a pile of cards to make this week.

    Well just off to make my breakfast.
    Hugs to all with special ones for the Birthday Girlx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you VAL & thanks for the lovely card Hug's xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Val
      Hope the air conditioning man didn’t turn up to late.

      Delete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYNDA and it’s lovely to see a photo of you and young HARRY I keep forgetting to have photos taken with Oscar and so does my daughter but then we’re the ones with the camera I really must address that!
    I love the look of the challenge
    The picnic was good but too hot to dance!
    I have a GP appt this afternoon and this morning OH is going to take me to PINFLAIR I am running out of glue gel and their shop is only down the road from me it would be rude not to visit I have to admit I only use their glue gel Not a fan of their other products My infamous dress was made with their fabric So I might sneak a peek at fabric!
    I hope the weather does cool down a little soon as my diabetes is all over the place
    Take care ladies xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KAREN I love the card you sent me Hug's xx

      Delete
    2. Hope the weather cools down a bit for you Karen.

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Wishing Lynda a very Happy Birthday.great picture of you and Harry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picture Sandra. Need to do this in small pieces as blogger won’t let me do big bits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret Palmer2 July 2018 at 09:06

    Hi Lynda a Very Happy Birthday to you hope you have a lovely day. Love the photo of you & Harry. Card in the post may not arrive today. Hugs to you both love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret & thank you for your beautiful card
      Hug's xxx

      Delete
  8. Margaret Palmer2 July 2018 at 09:13

    Hi Ssandrs & all in cafe,
    Sandra lovely card for Lyndsa, beautiful colours. Good challenge this week.xxx
    Hope you are coping in this heat take care.
    Cafe open birthday cake on fot Lyndsa this afternoon hope you can all make it.
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love birthday cake Margaret.
      Karen had a barbecue for Amy’s 22nd birthday on Sat. Matty her boyfriend made her birthday cakes. Small cream cakes and millionaires shortcake.

      Delete
  9. HAPPY,HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lynda ! Have a lovely day. Love the photo of you and Harry together.
    I wishing you all a good day and take care if venturing out. See you later for the coffee and cake :>)
    Gorgeous card and the cc for this week is something the mojo better gets back to help asap
    Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Sandra & Ladies
    Thank you Sandra for my gorgeous birthday card & showing the picture of me with Harry. I had a brilliant day yesterday at Darren's they did me proud it was so nice having both my children & family's with me. Sam made me the cake in the picture. Had so much fun with Harry we were playing at making funny faces he has such a infectious laugh.( wish Alfie could have been there too.☹️ )
    Thank you all for your birthday wishes.
    I will pop back later Hug's
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda
      I hope my card reached you. I did post it last week. But in the postbox at the top of our street.

      Delete
    2. Hi Pat no card today might come tomorrow. Thank you xx

      Delete
  11. Hello All, very humid here, was hoping for rain ,but none yet.

    A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYNDA, hope it was a lovely one. Great picture of you and Harry, what wonderful hair he has.

    Sandra love the card today, and a good challenge, will try and get one done, but must admit this weather does me no favours.

    Wimbledon has started today so you can all guess what I’m doing. Hugs Lilian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lilian
      I thought Wimbledon was next week. Don’t watch tennis, but the Tour de France starts at the same time as Wimbledon so I’d better check it out.

      Delete
    2. Hi Lillian thank you for the lovely card you sent me xx

      Delete
  12. Hello Sandra and all,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYNDA I hope you are having a great day. LOVE the picture of you and Harry.xx
    Lovely card Sandra and another interesting challenge, hope I can get a card made, Just to much to do this time of year.xx
    We are at our daughters in Kenley its Ciara's 13th birthday today, w are having a little celebration, she will have a big party at the weekend.
    Sending love to everyone, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. 🎂 HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LYNDA 🎂 Wishing you a wonderful day, you so deserve to be spoiled rotten. Its good to see you had a lovely day yesterday too. I'm so sorry but your card will be late. Migraines have been daily since Thursday so.life has past me by.
    Great big birthday hugs dear friend xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandra and all in the Café today. So many gorgeous cards from Thursdau until today for me to enjoy ladies. Migraines stopped play, not good but feeling human today thank goodness.
    I have been trying to comment since this morning. I have meeting at 8 so will just have to leave a quick hello. Hopefully tomorrow will be back to normal! Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need.
    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete