Sunday 1 July 2018

Your Challenge cards





Sophie

Lucy

Good Morning Ladies,

We have been treated to another hot and sunny weekend, its such a treat, it makes such a difference, just to be able to sit outside and relax, I think that if the weather is rubbish and you are inside you just keep finding jobs to do but with the good weather being such an unexpected treat you want to make the most of every moment.  I will say that I don't sit in the sun, I prefer the shade, we are lucky as the patio has both sun and shade so everyone is happy.                                                                                          I Thought you might like to see a photo of my beautiful girls, all dressed up ready for their Leavers Ball, they had an amazing time, Sophie & Lewis were awarded 'Cutest Couple' on the night too! 

Not so many challenge cards this week, I think we are all making the most of the good weather and some evenings it has been too hot and sticky to be sat in your Craft room.

So lets see your gorgeous cards.........

Janet

I used silver/gold, birthday and butterfly from the tic tac toe.

The birthday card is made using 'Cosmic Shimmer' Sparkle Texture paste 'Silver Moon' for the background. The butterfly is a Tonic Die 'Mariposa' and the sentiment is a Sue Wilson. r/


Janet managed two Challenge cards, despite the very high temperatures over in France.  I will add Janet's description below (Thanks for doing a description, it saves me so much time):

Card 1.....
I used silver/gold, birthday and butterfly from the tic tac toe.

The birthday card is made using 'Cosmic Shimmer' Sparkle Texture paste 'Silver Moon' for the background. The butterfly is a Tonic Die 'Mariposa' and the sentiment is a Sue Wilson. 

Card 2......
I used Christmas/wreath and shine from the tic tac toe.

The Christmas card I made using green glitter card from my stash and the dies are from a set called
'Molly Blooms' which came with a mag bought years ago and so I cannot remember which mag.

Two amazing challenge cards thank you so  much Janet.
XXX


Karen

Karen has made an absolutely stunning Wreath style Christmas card, it looks like a very 'High End' Department store card Karen, I love it! 
I will add Karen's description below.....

"Here’s a cc from me I have made this one a few times and thought I’d try and incorporate my new SW die MERRY CHRISTMAS The snowflakes are a Martha Stewart punch So it’s CHRISTMAS: DIE CUT/PUNCH:WREATH "

Thank you so much Karen for taking part in this weeks challenge.
XXX

 Lilian

Lilian also went for the Christmas option of this weeks challenge, designing this awesome Christmas card. The background you have created has so much detail and texture, I particularly like how you have used a background die to create interest.
Lilian chose Categories:  Christmas/Tree/Silver

Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge Lilian.
XXX

Lynda

Lynda chose to make a Christmas card for this weeks challenge too, I absolutely love this card Lynda,
it has a real luxury look to it with all that foil and embossing.

Lynda chose categories;  Tree/Christmas/Silver/Gold 

Thanks for designing such an amazing card for this weeks challenge Lynda, adding that gold Mirri made such a difference.
XXX


Maria

Maria has made a fantastic Christmas card for this weeks TicTacToe Challenge, using an Ivy embossing folder for the background, the cute Deer Maria die cut in Felt is hiding amongst those lovely die cut trees. Maria finished the card with a Swedish sentiment which translates to: Merry Christmas.

Maria used categories: Christmas/Tree/Die cut

Thank you so much Maria for taking part in this weeks challenge.
XXX

Michele

Michele didn't manage to get a challenge card put together this week but she has shared this amazing Christmas Pop-up Box.

Michele's card features Categories:  Trees/Christmas/Silver

Val

I have featured one of Val's older cards that works perfectly for this weeks Challenge, I wasn't sure if it was a technical error that I didn't receive your card Val or if you simply didn't get chance this week but I would have felt awful if you had gone to the trouble and I hadn't got it.

This particular card Val made following my Pleated Card Technique YouTube video from a couple of years ago!  I absolutely love your design and it deserves a second showing anyway!!

Val's card uses Categories: Christmas/Die Cut/Silver

Thank you so much Val for sharing this stunning card with us.
XXX

Thank you all so very much ladies, this blog would be nothing without all of you and your constant support.  I hope that some of you get as much out of being part of this blog as I do.  You really do keep me going, all of you!!

I am thinking about having a different kind of challenge this week, maybe a Shape Card challenge, making a different shape or style of card.  How do you all feel about that??  
If not I can do a Sketch Challenge, no problem.

Have a lovely Sunday Ladies,

Love and Hugs 

Sandra
xxxxxx




18 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    from Marigny
    and to all who pop in for a visit and a chat. All are welcome.

    A beautiful set of cards this week and some real inspiration for the forthcoming Seasonal cards we have to make.

    It was the highest temp yesterday up at 38 in the sun so it was definitely an indoors day. We didn't even have a breeze to give us some comfort so it really was very difficult to do anything. This hot weather is forecast to continue here into the coming week.--

    SANDRA- you and PAUL have two stunning young women. Both are ready for the outside world of Uni or wherever they wish to go.

    I'm not at all sure what I'll be doing today it all depends on the weather of course.

    SANDRA- A shaped card would be a good challenge but I'll go with whatever you decide.

    HUGS on their way to you all for this beautiful Sunday. Take care everyone xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW JANET that was hot yesterday. Sun cream needed if your going out. Cooling Hug's on the way.
      Hug's xx

      Delete
  2. Morning everyone.
    First of all Sandra what two beautiful girls Sophie and Lucy are and don't they look stunning in their amazing dresses. I bet they were bells of the ball.
    I have actually sent you a card but trouble with internet this week so its not arrived. However, the card you've shown of mine is so much nicer so I'll leave it at that ha ha.

    Ladies what stunning card again. All obviously getting ahead with Christmas cards which is great. SANDRA a shaped card sounds good but whatever you decide is fine.x

    Lynn's picking me up later and were going to the house where she's dog sitting for the afternoon. They have a lovely pool which I'm going to enjoy.

    Enjoy your day ladies having you're spending it.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi VAL enjoy your day with Lynn a spending time in the pool.
      Hug's xx

      Delete
  3. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-thisnk you for sharing the photos of Sophie & Lucy. They both look absolutely beautiful.

    Lovely cards this week, shame there’s not as many as usual. I love looking at everyone’s creations and it gives me inspiration.

    Yesterday was ok-went go see M in L first who showed hubby the paperwork from the Solicitor then we watched a parade going past the house. All the Church groups in uniform, bands playing etc. Wentbyo the Hospital next-F in L was ok, he was struggling to talk as I think he was tired. We then went to visit the Nursing Home that he’s probably going to go to-it was nice, the Nurse that showed us round was very informative, didyrush us and wasn’t at all fazed that we’d asked to be shown round. Got home late., Hubby started cooking then the next thing I knyhe was sobbing. I think everything had finally got to him. The phone Ryan couple of times last night but hubby didn’t want to speak to anyone-understandable!

    I’m off to the Sincerely Yours craft show at Leigh this morning with my crazy friend. She’s driving so I just have to wait for her to pick me up.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big hugs winging their way to you and Phil It’s not an easy road at the moment but it’s the best road for Phill’s Dad Take care xx

      Delete
    2. My heart goes out to both you and Phil Michele.Its a sad phase of your lives but I'm sure its the right decision for FIL.
      Take care.x

      Delete
    3. Hi Michele
      Sending you & Phil big Hug's sad your FIL has to go in a care home but I'm sure it's the right decision for him,
      Enjoy the craft show xx

      Delete
  4. Sophie and Lucy look fabulous Thank you for sharing their photos
    This week’s cards are gorgeous Lots of ideas using trees which I struggled with
    My card is an old favourite (see I struggle to come up with ideas) but seeing it in “print” I think the sentiment is too big for it as it makes having to have the circle too big for a 6x6 card blank
    OH and I are off this week We have nothing planned so I hope to get in my craft room I’m up for a shaped card challenge but I’m game for just about anything
    Off out to a Salsa picnic this afternoon which should be fun now that Oscar is running around!
    I’m not a lover of the heat It plays havoc with my diabetes control but I’d rather it be hot than cold Have agreat day all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KAREN glad you had a lovely time looking after Oscar
      Enjoy your week off whatever you end up doing Hug's xx

      Delete
  5. Margaret Palmer1 July 2018 at 09:19

    Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Sandra the girls looked stunning in their dresses thank you for showing us. A shaped card sounds good, the cards this week are lovely, so many different ideas. Enjoy relaxing in your beautifuk garden,xxx
    Michele sending you & Phik big hugs it is very hard to see parents suffer.xxx
    Karen enjoy your picnic & the week off.xxx
    Val sounds as if you are going to hsve a lovely relaxing day, enjoy.xxx
    Janet I am wirh you regarding the heat, I stay indoors.xxx
    Cafe open no roast dinner but a lovely selection of salads, so come & help yourselves, plenty of cold drinks & ices on offer.
    Sending hugs to all who need them, thank you all for lovely comments on my cross-stitch yesterday, love Margaret. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Sandra & Ladies
    WOW SANDRA Sophie & Lucy look gorgeous in their dresses. You & Paul must be so proud of them. Hope they had a fantastic time.
    We are going over Darren' & Sam's today so get to see Harry for cuddles. Lisa Ian & Joseph are going as well so big Hug from my eldest grandson God he is growing so tall he's over taken Ian & not far behind Lisa. At 13 he's going to be really tall. So looking forward to seeing them all.
    We are leaving hopefully at 11.30am. OH is just getting breakfast then just a quick tidy up & get ready.
    Gorgeous CC today all so differant & lots of inspiration. Shaped card CC sounds good but whatever you like Sandra will be a good challenge.
    Well boiled eggs are ready so Hug's for everyone
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Afternoon ladies.
    Your girls are absolutely stunning Sandra and those dresses are amazing. You and Paul must be so proud. Hope they had an fantastic day.
    Nice CC for this week, I like them all. Mine has got the Twisting holly EF not ivy I might have said, working with felt cutting out the stag was tricky and to stick 3 together was a bit fiddly. Tried cutting the letters out too in felt but gave up as they just fell apart.
    Another warm day so the washing is dry in no time, we got a nice breeze tho Janet so I send you some.
    Karen-love your card. Have a lovely picnic and put a reins on Oscar so he not go too far hihi
    Michele- thinking of you and Phil, enjoy the craft show hugs
    Val- hope you have a nice day in the pool.
    Lynda- how lovely to meet up with them all today. Have a beautiful day.
    Margaret- a salad sound perfect in this weather so hoping there is some left. Sending hugs to you and Pop and hoping Sue is better.
    Lilian- I like the trees you used on your card today.Hope you better and coping alright in the warmer weather. hugs
    I tried sitting outside reading under the umbrella but found my eyes closing so ended back in bed so another day gone me by, guess I needed it and no one have missed me because there is still football on and Son is on his computer ,sure they soon asking what's for dinner but tonight they will have to make their own haaaa!
    Have a lovely evening all,xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How frustrating. I post a big comments and it won’t let me publish. Say Hi and it does.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi All, well we had some rain this morning but it’s been so hot this afternoon that it’s all dried up.

    Sandra what amazingly pretty girls you have, hope they had a good time. The dresses are beautiful.

    Lovely lot of cards today, I must admit it felt totally wrong making Christmas card in this hot weather.

    Off to water my plants now, so I’ll say goodnight, hugs Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Sandra your beautiful daughters look absolutely stunning, you and Paul must be so proud of both of them. So pleased they enjoyed the leavers ball.

    What a lovely display of Challenge cards, ladies you have excelled yourselves, so many great cards. I apologise for not contributing.

    Sorry to pop in so late, lots of gardening, cooking been going on here today.
    I’ll say night night sleep well everyone. Big Hugs, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete