Saturday 28 July 2018

Mixed Craft Saturday featuring Michele's Mag Review







Good Saturday Morning Ladies,

We have another jam packed Mixed Up Saturday post, a lovely range of craftiness too from Crochet to Cardmaking.
Our first photo is of Karen's adorable 'Kerry Lord' creations, I will add Karen's description below, along with a photo of her latest purchase....


Here’s the two Kerry Lord animals I have just finished
Chardonnay the palomino pony and Hamlet the cheetah



The die I ordered from Wish arrived today
Hmm! it’s very pretty and the poke holes are either non-existent or minuscule
Let’s just say the 3rd cut -pieces fell out -was better than 1st and used wax paper
 So maybe it’ll “wear in” and get easier I love the finish and for £2 wasn’t a bad price

XXX



 Michele


The first of Michele's photos features some of the goodies that were donated to Michele from her friend, unusually Michele you have some really fantastic craft goodies, I particularly love that Spellbinder Spiral flower die.
Michele's second photo features her latest shopping haul from The Works, you have some amazing dies there Michele, that paper pack will be fantastic for backgrounds, it looks similar to Lynda's fab background effects.
Thank you so much for sharing your new things with us. xxx





Michele's Magazine Review

Hi Sandra

This months Magazine Review.

Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine has a pretty set of stamps, Embossing Folder & 3 mimi Dies as the free gift. Lots of ideas inside ufo h the free gifts. There’s a great article on Cards for Men-always useful.


Papercraft Essentials Magazine has a lovely Ring of Roses Die & 9 stamp set free this month , lots of ideas in the magazine on how  to use these. Great article on Paper Piecing-really easy to follow instructions. There’s a fantastic article on Ink Blending using stencils-they make it look so easy.


Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine comes with a very topical Bee set including a Die, Stamps & a mini Embossing Folder. There’s a great feature on Ideas for Gardeners which includes more than just cards


Making Cards magazine has some gorgeous papers this month-Art Deco from around the World plus another set of papers-Petals & Paws which features Woodland creatures + friends.



Papercraft Inspirations has a really lovely gift this month. Dandelion Dreams Embossing Folder & a Large set of Stamps. There are some gorgeous examples inside the magazine for Inspiration. There’s a feature on Woodland scene cards with some lovely downloads which could be used with your own stamps or Dies.



Diecutting Essentials Magazine comes with a really pretty Die this month. There’s so much inspiration inside using this free gift. There’s a great article on scores backgrounds-cards for men which is great as you could substitute an Embossing Folder plus it uses basic shapes on the cards.


Crafts Beautiful Magazine -I have to be honest, I bought this magazine just for the Die!! There’s lots of non paper crafting articles in the magazine which I wouldn’t make so I’ll be giving this to my crazy friend!




That’s it for now , see you next month.

Michele XXX



Thank you so much for another Comprehensive Magazine review, I might add a few to my shopping basket as there are some amazing freebies included, I have to say that the papers that are free with Cardmaking and Papercraft (Bee themed), are of the highest quality, they are heavy weight paper and the foiling is of the highest quality.  I think that the quality of free gifts across the board are improving, particularly the ones that are from a craft company, making the costly magazines a little bit more cost effective.
Thanks again my lovely .
XXX

Karlie



Karlie has designed and created another piece of Origami for us, this time it's a cute little box, perfect for a few little sweets or maybe some chocolate. The paper you have used is so bright and colourful Karlie, such a great little gift box that would bring a smile to anyone's face.
Thank you sweetheart for making this project especially for us, I am already looking forward to the next one, maybe you could make a dress or a shirt to share with everyone.
XXX

 Lorraine



Lorraine has made some absolutely stunning cards that she has allowed me to share with all of you today, the first card is one the Lorraine made for one of our recent Sketch Challenges, Lorraine has used the 'Varied Vases' stamp set and Matching Punch to create this card, I think it is really cleverly designed, with the vases being stamped and punched out and the flowers in the vase are stamped on the die cut circles, such a brilliant idea, giving so much interest, depth and texture to the card.

Lorraine's second card has been made with the 'Memories and More' kits, from Stampin Up!, don't you just love those gorgeous rich colours?? Blackberry Bliss ,& Rich Razzleberry , the letters almost look like twirled ribbon.
Thank you so much Lorraine for allowing me to share your cards, I will always do my best to share any card you make for one of my Challenges, even if they aren't finished in time for the Saturday cut off for sharing on a Sunday, so pleased keep them coming.
XXX

Janet



Just look at how incredibly expensive Janet's stunning gift box is, it even has a matching tag, making this box in metallic/mirri card was absolutely genius idea Janet, It wouldn't matter what you put inside that box, it looks like the best give ever!
Here is Janet's description of the die used.....
"The box for Mixed Up Saturday I used Tonic Nordic Christmas  Square Cone Die set "

Thank you so much Janet for sharing this amazing gift box, I might have to buy that die!!
XXX


Thank you so very much to all of you that have taken part in today's post, I am sorry if I missed anyone off this weeks post, I just ran out of time, my fingers were dropping off! 

I will need lots of projects and cards to fill up some of the posts while I am away on holiday, I will be calling in everyday as always, but any cards that I can use to help make posts with would be very gratefully received.

Have a lovely weekend Ladies,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

25 comments:

  1. Moning Everyone
    Well we had another short thunderstorm yesterday morning and have just had a downpour now. It's also a little cooler at the moment so fingers crossed it stays that way.

    What a fantastic array of crafting and buying this morning. KAREN I do love your little cute animals. MICHELE thank you for another great Mag Review. i shall be popping in WHS this morning to have a look at the mags.

    We're off on our usual Saturday shopping and meeting Jim's Niece and her two for the first time since we returned. It will be lovely to catch up with the children as they are moving up school's in September. It really doesn't seem two minutes since they were being born.

    The CAFE is OPEN and goodies will be available later today so pop in and help yourselves. Remember all are calorie free.lol.

    Have a good Saturday whatever you all have planned.Stay safe. HUGS are on their way to you all. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your box Janet, stunning in the mirror card. Feeling really bad as have still not put together the box you sent me, I am so sorry but promise I will make it soon !! Have a nice time meeting up with Jim's niece ,hugs xx

      Delete
    2. Stunning box Janet. Enjoy your meet up with Jim's nice
      Hug's xx

      Delete
  2. Hi everyone,
    Another bumper Saturday full of lovely treats.
    Michele. Great mag reviews. Some I'd really like. I have a subscription to Cardmaking and Papercraft and as Sandra says the quality of the free papers is so good and I've never yet been disappointed with the free gift.
    Thanks Michele.x Love your freebies too and great buys from The Works. X

    Karen. What little cuties and I love their names. You really are so good at making these soft toys.x

    Karlie what a cute little box. It looks very intricate. Ideal for a little gift.x

    Lorraine two beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing them with us.x

    Janet. Such a beautiful box and tag. Looks so good made in Mirri card.x

    I really must do some housework this morning then another go at sorting out my craft room.
    Enjoy your day whatever you're doing.

    Hugs to all especially Pat Pete and Maria.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Val. Mum saying she's alright but know she is worried for being through C twice I guess it is the first you thinking of. I'm ok, got burnt from the sun which got infected so they are keeping a eye on it. Very stupid thing to happen. Have a good day, hugs xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you VAL I really enjoy making them

      Delete
  3. Morning Ladies

    Karen-such cute creatures, they’re adorable.
    Great projects from everyone else.

    My craft room Is exceptionally messy-I jystjerp dumping stuff in there & closing the door. My plan is to join Val & tidy up today. I have a couple of errands to do then I’m not moving from my craft room.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your day in the craft room Michele. So envious for all of you who have got one. Thanks again for the mag. review's and I love the things you bought, must get down to 'the works' , need a hair cut so always a reason to go into town Lol. hugs xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks MICHELE I always enjoy your magazine review too

      Delete
  4. These two animals makes the total up to 9 to take to Harefield Hospital next month Not many but I did only start making them a short while ago
    Great magazine review MICHELE- thank you
    Your box is very pretty KARLIE
    I love your cards LORRAINE I’m not very good at using smaller pieces to highlight focal pieces etc
    And that gift box looks very opulent JANET
    It should have been my son’s 38th birthday today So we are visiting his resting place at Paradise Wildlife Park in Broxbourne taking a card and some flowers It’s tough but we get there
    Take care all and extra cuddles for those that need them xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking of you all today Karen, you the one who need the extra cuddles so I sending a arm full xx

      Delete
    2. Thinking of you Karen. Sending hugs.xxx

      Delete
    3. Aww just love your cut animals Karen.
      Thinking of you Big Hug's xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandra and ladies from a little cooler MK,yay !
    We got some thunder last night and a few squirts of water but then it came down early this morning and it got so much nicer in temp. Actually managed to finish my cc so will send it soon.
    Karen- I want that Cheetah, how cute are they ! You are our Crochet queen. I love all of your animals.
    I also bought some dies from Wish so be interesting to see how they are.
    Have any of you bought any clothes from them ??
    Thanks again to Michele for her Magazine review, always good and need to have a look in Smith as well if going to town Lol
    Karlie- thank you for showing us the origami box, very cute and such a pretty paper, well done.
    Lorraine- very nice cards, gorgeous colours.
    Guess some house work is a must and hopefully a trip to town today or tomorrow and facetime with my parents is on for this weekend. Going to feed the pets now, see you later. Have a nice day everyone, many hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve just ordered a top from there So I will let you know

      Delete
    2. Hi Maria Hug's for your mum & dad.
      I have only bought Dies on Wish.
      Take care my friend some Hug's for you too.❤️Xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Sandra & Ladies
    Our storm finally stopped in the early hours the lightening lit the whole room up.the. rain also stopped. The 🐸🐸🐸 frogs have all gone this morning ( explained on last evenings blog ) .
    Some lovely things on today's mixed up Saturday
    MICHELE great mag review as always. Some interesting Dies from your friend.
    KAIRLIE love your boxes the papers very pretty thank you for sharing.xx
    LORRAINE TWO GORGEOUS cards frome you xx
    Thank you Sandra for all your hard work putting everything on your blog much appreciated Hug's xxx
    Hope you all have a good day. Hug's for you all
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Sandra for all the information you have typed on this Saturday post, I love seeing what everyone has made and what Michele has got in her stash/haul. I too got a great set of bargains from the Works this week and my magazines arrived too which had great dies and stamps in them. I also won $25 for Foiled Fox from entering one of my card designs to The Paper Players card challenge. My craft goodies from Foiled Fox arrived today all wrapped up in tissue paper; such a lovely touch. I also won 6 reels of SU ribbon from Hannah from HanCrafted Creations as it is her first SU Anniversary and she is doing give aways - I could not believe it when my name was pulled out of the bowl on her video tutorial. Such a great week for me as I don't win anything and I have won twice this week and also had a great set of crafts goodies from my magazines and The Works. I haven't finished my Tic Tac Toe card but it is nearly complete I will put it on your facebook page when I have finished it Sandra. Feeling ok from chemo yesterday but flagging a little - could be the chemo but it could be the heat also. Love to everyone. xx :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra and ladies.
    I have some cards and pics of new goodies I have bought. I’ll send them to you Sandra.
    Fantastic range on today’s mixed craft Saturdays. Love your crocheting Karen.
    I have the paper pad you bought from the Works Michele. Sadly ours no longer sell paper pads.
    Thanks for the magazine reviews. Very informative as usual.
    Well I can home from Sandra’s on Wed and Pete was again unwell. He was ok when I left. Must be me saying to Sandra we ought to have a few days away while Pete feels up to it. He won’t be if he starts chemo. Unable to blog yesterday, it went on strike after I’d commented on Michele’s post. You see it won’t publish now, but I’ll keep trying to publish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PAT I do hope PETE feels better soon xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Sandra and all in the Café today.
    Sandra, thank you for another great selection of mixed craft Saturday. I hope you have a good weekend my lovely xx
    Karen I love Chardonnay and Hamlet, both will be snapped up along with all of the others you have made for Harefield hospital. You are so talented. Sending you big hugs on this very difficult day dear friend X
    Michele you have some great dies, especially those number candles, they would be great for children's and "special" birthdays. Thanks for the magazine reviews, as always they are really helpful. I hope you can get FIL settled soon. Sadly unexpected visits at various times and days are the only way to satisfy yourselves that he is being cared for properly when he is back in a care/nursing home X
    Karlie, what a lovely cheerful beautifully made origami box. Thank you for sharing it with us. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have made X
    Lorraine, two lovely cards. I love the colours you have used. I hope you aren't feeling quite so bad today x
    Janet, what a gorgeous box and tag, so pretty and elegant. I hope you have enjoyed seeing family today X
    Maria, I hope Mum is feeling ok and that Dad's op goes well.on Monday
    Sorry to hear you have got infected sunburn, poor you. Sending healing hugs x
    Lynda, I'm not surprised you and CU didn't go to the boot sale the other day. If it is going to be dry tomorrow I may go to the one I like but it has been raining hard on and off today so will wait until the morning to decide. I'm sure 8 paws are both enjoying the cooler weather today aren't they! Hugs to you and CU xx
    I have had a long sleeved shirt on for the last couple of hours as it is decidedly cooler here with very heavy rain showers all day! It seems that most of you have been having at least some rain too. It will be good to see some green grass for a change won't it 😊 Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Margaret Palmer28 July 2018 at 21:45

    Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Sandra sorry to be missing for a few days, internet trouble our end. I loved your card from Thursday, lovely christmassy colours & Dannie's cards yesterday were lovely, that stamp set is so versatile I think it is one of my favourites, thank you Danni for alloeing Sandra to show us.xxx
    Karen once again 2 lovely cuddly toys & interesting looking dies. Thinking of you all today in particular, hugs on way.xxx
    Michele some lovely goodies & once again excelent magazine review thank you. Hope FIL is better when you see him, take care.xxx
    Karlie some lovely oragamie from you once again, well done.xxx
    Lorraine 2 lovely cards from you, hope you do not feel too bad after chemo, takr care.xxx
    Janet another very expensive looking box from you, well done.xxx
    Maria sorry you are having a worrying time with Mum & Dad, hope Mum is recovering & Dad's op on Monday is successful. Hope your infected sunburn soon heals, hugs on way.xxx
    It has been cooler today & I went to visit my 92 yr old friend, it is lovely to be able to get out again.
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    I’ve been having problems for a couple of days with blogger, it’s just not letting me publish. I don’t understand why. I now see it has my name in the comment box, so fingers crossed here goes.
    Love all of today’s entries, you really are a clever bunch. xx

    I’m going to try and publish, Night, Night everyone, Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi All, very wet and windy today.
    Love all things on display again today, you are all so talented.

    Michele thanks once again for the mag reviews, don’t get them these days as I mostly have my shopping delivered.

    Looking forward to tomorrow to see all your lovely cards. Goodnight Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you very much sandra.

    ReplyDelete