Thursday 2 May 2024

I finally made this card !!

 






Good Morning Ladies, 

I didn't get to welcome May yesterday with it being Sue's Birthday.  So welcome May, this is the month that vegetable gardening really gets going, another week or two and the vegetables we started growing indoors can be put out.  The biggest excitement of this month is my sisters Wedding,  I am so looking forward to sharing her special day with her. 

Today's card is one I have been meaning to make for months, I bought the Sizzix die ser that the vases and branches are from on FB selling page for £5, I then saw Christie Stokes card using it on Pinterest,  I loved that background die too, it took me months to find it though,  in the end it was our Sonia that found it for me, its a Memory box die.      I used Pumice stone Distress ink to colour the pot, I stamped some dots in same colour to give some more texture,  to make it look more like a vase I used Versamark and clear embossing powder, having the glazed look makes all the difference.


Hopefully you can see the glazed look in this photo.  I haven't decided what sentiment to put on it yet.     Thank you Chrissie for your inspiration. 

I hope that you all avoid the storms, we are forecast Thunder, lightning and heavy rain today ! 

Sending Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx 



4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Unusual background die I expect it will become very versatile
    We have rain but no thunder I hope that now it’s May the weather will brighten up It was lovely at the bowls club In fact it was quite warm
    I need to do a bit of food shopping today but other than that I have nothing planned and OH is off to Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love your card Sandra. This background die is great and I can see it being used on many cards.
    Not very nice out there, windy and rain on it's way but I'm going out to Dobbie's today to meet up with a few ladies in Fibromyalgi group for a coffee. This afternoon we are packing a small bag for our weekend in Edinburgh to see my half sister who's birthday is on Saturday. It be great see her again.
    Have a nice day everyone whatever you are doing. Hugs to all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love your card today. The background die is beautiful and very versatile.
    We had heavy rain and thunderstorms through the early hours. I love laying in bed listening to it ☺️ Mark and Barney both slept through it all!
    Hope you’re all having a good day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, the rain has stopped at last, it’s been pouring down.

    R has been busy with the election today, he’s presiding officer at a small village polling station, not expecting him home until around one.
    Love your card today Sandra, that pot stamp is great and the way you’ve glazed it is great.
    Sue sorry I missed your Birthday, my memory seems to have disappeared, hope you have a lovely time in London.
    Good night all Lilian

    ReplyDelete