Tuesday 7 May 2024

Bold Sayings Card

 






Good Morning Ladies, 

We had the usual British Bank Holiday weather yesterday,  it was ok in the morning but by early afternoon the heavens opened, my goodness it bucketed down, on the brightside no watering necessary!!  

The next Bank Holiday weekend will be a busy one for us as its my sisters wedding, we do have the Monday free to recover thankfully.

Today's card started out as a 'Smooshing ' experiment,  I wanted to see how much more interest you would get using Distress Inks smooshed over Distress Oxides....


This bit here is my favourite, 
I love all of those tiny dots !!

I love how it turned out and I honestly think that Distress Inks certainly add crisper detail when smooshing,  which works beautifully with the chalkyness of Oxides. I used Salty Ocean for this one. 
Once the background was totally dry I used my New Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Bold Sayings stamp to add a greeting.  I wanted to keep the design simple so that all of that inky goodness was the hero of the card.  This would be a perfect 'Man Card' 

I hope that you all have a great week,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra xxx


3 comments:

  1. This is a great card A great last minute make That smooshing technique is great I can never get the little dots Supposedly a craft mat is supposed to help or dabbing it lightly with acetate Nah! I just get a mess
    The rain did not stop yesterday After the 2 sunny days it was quite depressing Today is lovely and bright looking Luckily for me as I am going out to get a bus for Knit and Natter at John Lewis
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love your card, the smooshing is fantastic, I will have to have a go ☺️
    It rained all day here yesterday, we probably had about an hour of dry weather late afternoon then it started again! We spent the day relaxing in doors!
    My mum and dad’s anniversary today, so I’m taking them to lunch at their favourite fish and chip restaurant ☺️
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Brilliant man card or for someone who is not too girly.
    Great snippet card from our Karen yesterday. The colours were good and so was the bunny.😊 Enjoy today
    You were so busy in your garden planting so much vegetables. Hopefully you will be getting a good crop. Hope you're not in too much pain afterwards .
    Lilian, wish you better. Take care
    Sue, hope you're ok and the scan went well.
    Sonia, hope you had a good weekend.
    Brenda,hope the weather didn't spoil your weekend .
    Janet, thinking of you. Hope you are alright.
    We are on our way back home this morning after a fabulous time with my half sister and her friend. The weather was awful yesterday but we spent time in a museum instead for outside walking which helped my legs. 😏
    Weather today looks nice so hoping you all have a good day.
    Many hugs to you all. Xxx

    ReplyDelete