Thursday 9 May 2024

A fun colour technique






Good Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you all enjoyed the glorious sunshine yesterday,  it was so warm,  it felt therapeutic!  I would love to have spent it down at the vegetable garden but I am too afraid to attempt it on my own, even with my new walking aid I don't feel safe, its quite a hill on the way back up to the house too, I could envisage myself falling and being stuck down there all day,  Paul didn't get home till after 4pm yesterday too, so it would have been a long day!  Literally nobody would hear me either. 🤣😂  
So I stayed inside or on the decking,  Lucy and I made a nice lunch with Halloumi, pitta, Humous and salad.  Then we popped to local shop to get cinema sweets.  After that I got to do some crafting. 

Today's card was a new technique that was featured in the magazine I featured a couple weeks ago.  I stamped and embossed one of my Tim Holtz 'Trims' stamps, I used copper embossing powder and heat set.  To add colour I just added a little stripe of Distress Ink from my little cube Distress inks,  the one colour I didn’t have in mini I used a brush to add the ink, I used  rainbow colours, once you have all the ink on, you spritz with water to get the ink pooling in the Embossed ateas (and around it)  I used the Evergreen Bough to colour the leaves.
Once the ink was dry I took some copper mica powder and mixed it with some water and used my fan brush to add some splatters of it over the card. 
I mounted the piece onto a narrow black mat and then onto a white card base. 

I hope that you all have a lovely sunny Thursday, 

Love & Hugs to all,

Sandra xxx

3 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    A wonderful, colourful card. I like it a lot. The card yesterday was good as well with it's deep 3D embossing it's really nice.
    Hope you all are enjoying the sunshine and the warmth of it. Sadly my body is not good so no crafting has been done, not even the sun is making me feel happier. Tomorrow is another day.
    Sending many hugs to you all. Janet and Lynda, thinking of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love your card, the embossing and colours are beautiful 😍
    Another lovely sunny day, think it’s meant to last over the weekend 😊
    Maria, I hope you’re ok, take it easy xx
    Hope you’re all having a lovely day
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandra and Everyone,
    Beautiful card today Sandra, it’s is so bright and cheerful, the copper embossing adds a beautiful finish.
    We have been blessed with another beautiful day today, I was able to sit outside and give John instructions on jobs that need doing!! he is so good and patient, if it were the other way around not sure I would be as good as he is.
    Maria sorry you are in such pain, hope that you have been prescribed pain relief xx
    Janet hope and are alright, thinking of you and sending caring hugs xxx
    Take care everyone, Love and hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete