Friday 10 May 2024

A card from My magazine





Good Friday Morning Ladies,

Are you all enjoying this weather?? I love the sunshine it makes such a difference to your day.  Have you all been outside enjoying the sun or do you prefer to stay inside?    It's definitely easier to bare early in the day and later in the afternoon, I just love how the sun and warmth from the sun extends the hours you can spend outside  

Today's card is a card from my recent magazine,  I have to say that I am so incredibly impressed with how lovely the stamps actually stamp in this issue, I got perfect images first time, every time even with that sentiment. 

The original card background was made using the letterpress technique,  I tried to emboss with the stencil but didn't get great results.  So I used my 'Opaque' crackle paste through the instead, left it to dry overnight, I thought the crackles would be bigger but after adding ink I quite liked the delicate little crackles.  I used Distress Oxide blended over the crackle background, I wiped over the crackle paste to bring the white back, luckily the Oxides got right down into the cracks. I took another piece of card and stamped the topper, I added colour by stamping over the flowers with a little dottie circle that came in the free gifts,  I again used Distress Oxide inks. and literally stamped into the flower heads and spitzed water to get the ink moving. 

I quite like how this turned out,  

Enjoy your Friday,

Love and hugs to all of you 

Sandra xxx 

3 comments:

  1. I love your card I love the effect of the crackle paste I keep saying that I will treat myself to some I think you might have to heat it to dry and then you get bigger crackles I, personally, prefer the small crackles
    I am really enjoying the sunshine, even though I shouldn’t be out in it for very long
    I hope it lasts over the weekend We’re going to se my sister in law today So will be nice to catch up
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Fabulous card Sandra, like the crackle paste and the colours that you have used.
    Another lovely sunny day and all I have done is to walked very slowly over and fed a cat this morning and then back to bed.
    Hope you have a nice day whatever you have been up to. Many hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love your card. The flowers are beautiful as is the crackle paste background 😍
    Another lovely day here too, although it was a bit hot at work 🥵
    Hope you’re all enjoying the sunshine
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete