Thursday 8 October 2020

A 'Throwback' Circle Challenge card

 




Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all well, it was nice to have you back Janet, wow you have been really busy with getting your home updated, it really makes sense getting it all done at once, did you take before and after photos?! 

Well I can't believe that I am actually saying this but....Mum's house sold after 1 viewing for the full asking price, it didn't even make it to the internet! I think that we were all in shock, great news though as it means we won't have to heat the house through the winter and keep having to check on it.


Today's card is a 'Throwback' card as I didn't get 5 minutes to myself yesterday, I felt terrible as Sue popped over for a cuppa but we were constantly interrupted as the phone did not stop ringing! It's getting a bit beyond a joke now. 

So here are the details for todays card.....

I used a 4 1/8 X 5 3/4 Very Vanilla card base, to which I added a mat of Copper Foil card and then a piece of Blackberry Bliss, I then fussy cut a piece of the Delightfully Detailed Laser Cut paper and arranged it on top of the Blackberry Bliss card. To create the topper I stamped the decorative Circle from the Bouquet Blooms Stamp set (see below) in Blackberry Bliss ink onto Very Vanilla card and die cut with a circle die, I added a Copper Foil mat behind it and raised it up with foam pads.  I then stamped the circular 'Thank You' Sentiment from 'Stitched All Round'' stamp set onto Very Vanilla card using the same ink, then die cut a scallop circle mat in Blackberry Bliss and the onto Copper Foil circle. I added foam pads and popped it into the centre of the larger circle. To embellish I stamped and die cut a selection of flowers from the stamp set in the same colours as I made the card in, I added some copper foil foliage too. A few Blackberry Bliss faceted gems finish my card. What do you think?

I hope that you all have a lovely day, however you are spending it,


Love and huge hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                                                                                      xxxxxx

11 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-lovely Card that’s perfect for this weeks challenge.
    That’s wonderful news about your Mums house, let’s hope the sale goes through quickly and everything can be sorted.

    Busy day yesterday, meeting via video yesterday afternoon which was late finishing (quite late) so I was delayed going to Morrison’s to do my shopping. I had hoped to spend some time in my craft room after doing the shopping but I was too tired & it was quite late when we ate so I’ll try again this evening.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great news about your mum’s house Fingers crossed that it all goes through smoothly
    I love your card and a perfect example for this week’s challenge (thank you) I love throwbacks So don’t ever apologise
    I woke early today and would normally snuggle down and wait for the alarm but as I’m on my own I daren’t do that as I’d probably sleep through it!
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello All, wet again, so dryer in action.

    I love your card Sandra, so different from the way I think, given me a great idea I want to try if I have time.

    Thought I’d get in early before I forget, with so much going on here, Daughter ans husband coming tomorrow for the weekend, so am trying to get the kitchen finished.

    Hope you all have a good day, well done selling your mums house so quickly Sandra.hugs to all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Everyone
    Oh SANDRA I love love your card and you used one of my favourite favourite colours too.

    I'm hoping to get into my craft room to put things straight today. Whether I actually get to do some crafting is another thing.

    The CAFE is of course OPEN and once again the brollie bucket is by the door.
    HUGS are winging their way toyou all.TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE.

    Really well done selling 'Mum's house so quickly.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all.
    Gorgeous card Sandra, I love it!

    Raining so probably no walk today unless it stop later. Going to Frost this morning for breakfast, well we thought we go out when we still can if it's being another lockdown.

    Have a nice day everyone and if in pain, please take care.
    Hugs for you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra & ladies
    Another throw back card today and I love the colours. Good news one selling the house.so quickly.
    Pouring with rain here today as well, it started last night. No walk for me today either Maria unless it clears up later. I have the chiropodist later on this afternoon. The last time I went I was out not long after my appointment as the person before me hadn’t turned up. Jo said that one day the week before she had appointments booked until 8.00pm. But 4 people hadn’t turned up so could have finished at 6.00pm if they hadn’t booked. No call either to say why. I wouldn’t be to keen to do their feel again if they didn’t turn up with no explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry pressed publish in error. Wanted to say take care and stay safe especially those in areas of special measures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone
    Love your beautiful card today 😊
    I don’t think I’m going to get a card made this week, but have one that fits the challenge which I haven’t shared. Some of Barneys stuff has taken over the dining table, so all my craft stuff back in the cupboard. Hopefully it won’t be too long before I can start getting it out again.
    Another wet night and morning here, fingers crossed it clears up later as forecast. Thankfully Barney is used to the rain now, doesn’t even mind laying on the wet grass!
    So pleased to hear your Mums house sold so quickly, that’s great news.
    Have a good day everyone. Hugs to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sandra and ladies
    Love your throw back card Sandra it's beautiful.
    MICHELE hope you have a better day and finish on time.
    It's not a nice day weather wise rain all day so far.
    Just going to be doing my exercises on my leg's my knee is still painful.
    Sending love & Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. Yesterday you shared a gorgeous card, I love the circles on circles style and also the pretty stamps. I hope you enjoyed making it my lovely. I also love today’s throw back card. I hope you have a better day and night xx
    Lilian, I agree that part of this great blog is all of the inspiration we get. There are so many times that I am amazed at something that Sandra or one of you ladies have done. Sorry you haven’t got a completely finished kitchen but hope the doors arrive soon. Please share a few photos of the new kitchen. Enjoy your weekend with your daughter and husband x
    Maria, hope your aches aren’t as bad as they have been lately x
    Sonia, glad that Barney is doing so well. How did the baby alarm work last night? X
    Brenda, what a worrying time for you all. Fingers crossed that both grandsons stay healthy x
    Lynda, sorry to hear you are still struggling so much. Love to you and Terry xx
    I hope you all have a good day. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for Lynda, Mum (see you in the morning. Love you xx) and all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Love today’s card, circles work so well on cards. Beautiful colour.

    Spoke to grandsons they are coping very well and haven’t developed any symptoms ( fingers crossed 🤞) Today Daughter had to go to Sheffield to for work, at lunchtime used her time to see how her boy is - obviously keeping her distance. His sister is driving down from Leeds and doing his shopping, today his flat mates asked her to shop for them as they were also running low on food. She was more than happy to oblige!
    Had a busy day turning out cupboards in the second bedroom. I use the wardrobes and drawers as overflow storage. I don’t ware all I have stored in there so am being ruthless. Should have a few bags for the charity shop.

    Sandra I hope you get some sleep tonight, don’t waste your energy one all the things that are going on in your life right now. Remember if you cannot solve a problem why waste your energy thinking (worrying) about it !!!

    Take care everyone and sleep well, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete