Sunday 26 November 2023

Your Colour challenge cards

 






Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

Ooh isn't it chilly, we had our first hard frost yesterday at home and my goodness it was really really cold.  

We set off bright and early to Birmingham to the Motorcycle Museum for the craft show, well we could have left later and taken our time, for the first time I can honestly say it was the first time that I was annoyed at paying £7 (for us both) to get in! The list of Exhibitors was impressive,  sadly that list was not the reality!  There were 4 actual stamp companies,  Card-io, HoneyDoo,  Inkylicious and Lili of the Valley !! The other stands were either selling cheap & tacky Christmas decorations (like you'd see at Market), or had just taken lids off of big storage boxes for people to rummage through!  Inkylicious made it worth while,  I haven't seen them at a craft show for ages.  I would have been peeved had I driven 50 odd miles purely for the craft show, luckily it was only part of our weekend plans, so we headed off to our hotel, luckily we got an early arrival, so we had a leisurely lunch, read a little then walked across the road to a huge shopping centre where 3 hours just disappeared,  we then had early dinner and came back to hotel for a relaxing evening,  we picked up so naughty treats to have a bed picnic,  we are both excited for the Black Country Living Museum today 😀 

Your Colour Challenge cards

Karen



Karen's Description:

Here’s a couple of cards experimenting with watercolour paints and watercolour card Insired by the lady that now demos for Pink Frog
Flower - drips of pink mauve yellow paints “swooshed” with a wet paint brush Scribbled edge with a finer liner
Baubles - a mix of green and blue paint and stamped using a base of a jar and then blended edged with a fine liner and covered with glossy accents
Not brilliant but was fun experimenting.

Karen I love the colours that you have acheived by mixing different shades, so much depth of colour on one petal, echoed through the whole flower, beautiful.  
The Christmas baubles are amazing,  The fact that you drew them just adds to the brilliance,  again the interest given with that colour mix is amazing.  So I totally disagree with you!  Two totally amazing cards. Thank you so much for taking part in the colour challenge XXX 

Lilian 


Lilian's Description: 

Here is my card for this week: used a star stencil and water colour paints. Made the paper very wet ,then added paints and course see salt. Added white pen and stickles. The background is done with chalk pastels, big stars are pearl pan pastels, stamps are from Lavinia using blue metallic ink.
Have a lovely day Lilian

Ooh Lilian,  you must be so pleased with how this card turned out, I love the texture that adding the salt gave to the star!  The colours are gorgeous too.  Thank you so much for taking part in the colour challenge XXX 

Maria



Maria's Description:

Rick let me sit in his office while he was watching football so had a play with some things I still got out and this is made with Pixie powders and a stamp from Creative Stamping nr: 127.
I always using too much water so had to use a brush 🖌️ to drag it out 😂. Taken 2 photos as wasn't easy to take of.

I love this card Maria, the stamping composition is lovely,  those holly borders really finish the whole card off.  Just look at that gorgeous gold shimmer! 😍  Most of all I am happy that you got to do some crafting!  Thank you so much for taking part Maria,  I really do appreciate it XXX

********************

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday,

Love and warm hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. Some beautiful ideas I need to try that sea salt idea
    Today is the anniversary of Gary’s death so we’re on our way to the zoo to lay some flowers I can’t believe 14 years has passed It feels like yesterday
    Enjoy the museum It’s on my bucket list
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Beautiful CC's Karen and Lilian, will have to remember the sea salt idea. Very clever.
    I hope you all have a nice day, if going out do wrap up warm. I need to dig my gloves out, my hands are frozen.
    Sandra, have a great day with Paul today.
    Take care everyone. Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening All, another wet and cold day.

    Sandra hope you had a good day, after yesterday’s let down.
    Loved the cards today, not sure what I’ll do for this week. Need to have a good search on Pinterest, also Utube.

    Hope you all had a good weekend, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in. It sounds like the craft show won’t be getting very good reviews. At least you got to see a few good companies. I hope you both enjoyed the museum today and it wasn’t too cold for you my lovely xx
    Beautiful cards today ladies. I didn’t get back home until late last night so didn’t get mine finished.
    Lilian, I love the gorgeous colours and texture on your card. Using salt leaves s lovely texture and look doesn’t it xx
    Karen, thinking of you all today xx
    Maria, lovely card, a proper traditional Christmas card 😊I can’t imagine Rick not letting you use his desk but it will be lovely when you have your own craft room/area won’t it xx
    Sleep well. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete