Monday 20 November 2023

Pretty butterfly card



 

Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

Did you all have a good weekend?  Ours was relatively chilled out, I was a bit miffed on Saturday evening though as for some reason 'Strictly Come Dancing ' didn't  record,  we could only get and 'Audio Description ' version on I player which was too frustrating to watch as someone was describing every move over the music etc!  I was really looking forward to Blackpool week, so was Sophie,  we record and watch back because it starts earlier than we are sat down, it's the one night we will eat in front of TV these days. I am hoping I can get the normal version on catch-up!   Paul and I popped to Ikea yesterday afternoon for another storage unit for our hallway, for over flow craft storage and books etc.  This led to a little frustration, as the M4 came to a stand still because selfish idiot drivers cannot grasp the skill of merging, when a lane closes, instead of pulling in in plenty of time they drive right up to cones closing lane and expect everyone to stop for them!!  😡 if they simply merged i  turn there would be no delay!! 

We made it, I was relieved it was open until 5pm and not 4pm, we got what we needed and got out of there,  Ikea on a rainy Sunday was manic!! 

Todays card I made to use the splatter background that I made last week,  I thought the splatters would be a fun way to add colour to a card.  I simply used a 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 card base, cut a mat 1/4 inch smaller and die cut the butterfly out of it and added some gold splatters to it so that itwasn't completely plain, I adhered a piece of the splattered background behind the panel and *Tip* I added a couple of pieces of scrap card to even out the card mat either side of the piece of splattered card, so that i didn't have to waste my pretty background.                           I used some of the leftover background to die cut my sentiment, I layered the pretty letters on top of some plain white ones for dimension. 

I hope that you all have a great start to your week,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra xxx


5 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love your pretty card today 😍The butterfly is beautiful with the splattered background.
    Some people drive like idiots don’t they! We were coming back on the M3 yesterday and could see traffic ahead coming to a stop. There was a car in the fast lane, who obviously wasn’t reading the road ahead, was going so fast he must’ve literally slammed his brakes on and had to swerve onto the central reservation so as not to hit the car in front!
    Another wet start this morning, getting fed up with all this rain now.
    I’m dreaming of cold, crisp winter days.
    Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background you created is beautiful and looks lovely behind the butterfly
    Going into London to dance in the afternoon was lovely We were going to finish the Mystery Guide but didn’t leave home until quite late because we wanted to shop in Lidl first and it was nice to be home by 6.30
    Off to get flu jab today and then Craftea in the library
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous card Sandra. The background suits very well behind the butterfly.❤️
    We went to our IKEA today for an outing. Had a look at desktops and lights and just dreaming of the day I have my craft room. Oh , you are going to be so bored hearing about it 🤭😄
    Feeling cold and tired so sitting under a blanket and watching, a place in the sun. Hope you get hold of sticktly, one program I love to watch. Hope you all had a good day. Take care of yourself. Love and hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, fog and mist today, we decided to go out for lunch as it’s our 58th wedding anniversary. The spray from the lorry’s was terrible, and cars going much too fast. It’s the winner of the large farm shop in the country. Roast lamb dinner, unfortunately I couldn’t eat mine , this used to happen a lot, but I thought I would be ok, but no luck. They very kindly wrapped it up for me to take home
    Sorry I missed yesterday the cards were all lovely, and very different. Looking forward to this weeks challenge, when I feel a bit better.
    Have a good evening Lilian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and everyone,
    Beautiful card you have made today, I love how you have created the spotty effect for the butterfly and background, it’s so different.
    I have never seen this sentiment die before ( not that I can remember) it’s lovely
    Hope you have had a good day, sleep well. Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete