Friday 24 November 2023

Tissue Technique card

 




Good Friday Morning Ladies, 

It's Friday once again,  Woohoo for the weekend!! 
What are you all up to?  We are thinking of travelling up to Birmingham on Saturday,  going yo the Motorcycle Museum on Saturday as there is a craft show on, Inkylicious are going to this one as well as a lot of the usuals, Lilli of the Valley too, I haven’t seen either of them at a craft show for ages.  We will drive over to Dudley after the show and go to the Black Country Museum on Sunday,  we have been talking about going for ages.  We just haven't made the final decision!  

Another new (to me) technique,  a great way to bring colour to your cards.  
You start by adding colour to your glass/craft mat, I used Wild Honey, Picked Raspberry and Carved Pumpkin Distress inks,  you can use anything that can be diluted with water, so Dye inks, Brusho, spray inks etc.  
You need to make sure that the area of your ink is the same size as the Tissue paper piece you have,  you then use something to mix your colours together with a spatula,  or paintbrush,  then simply drop the tissue paper into the ink, when it has absorbed the ink set it on a piece of kitchen roll to dry.  
When your coloured piece is dry, you can add it to a piece of white card, I used a piece of cut & dry foam to add a coat of glue to my card, then placed the tissue paper onto the card and smoothed it down.  I waited for the glue to dry and stamped a Catherine Pooler flower stamp onto my background and added gold embossing powder and heat set. I added the sentiment too. I added this to a white card base.  You can stamp onto acetate to place over the tissue background too. 
If you have any questions just let me know, I could do a step by step for you x

Lilian,  I hope that you aren't in to much pain after the dreaded dentist visit yesterday,  sending hugs xxx

I hope that you all have a lovely Friday,

Love and hugs to all of you

Sandra
xxxxxx



4 comments:

  1. Another lovely technique I love the little bit of texture it brings
    We’re off to London today to finish The Mystery Guide we started a couple of weeks ago I am really enjoying doing this and at least it’s dry today We’ll visit Covent Garden market for some cheap gloves- I will not pay a fortune for gloves because I am prone to losing one! And then we’re off to the O2 to see a George Michael night
    Tomorrow I have my covid jab and Sunday is our son’s anniversary So that’s us pretty much sorted
    Take care everyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everyone, dry !

    Love the tissue technique, I not good with messy techniques, but will give it a go.
    Dentist yesterday, wasn’t a good visit, two fillings to be done, plus another extraction. The will also have to send away my plate.
    ( stainless steel ) to have another tooth fixed. All in all almost £800
    If that doesn’t work after about 3 months, a new plate, which Wii be around a £1,000. So no crafts spends for the time being.
    Karen hope you enjoy your trip to the big city.
    Going to try and do something for this week’s challenge, not sure what.
    Have a good day all Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    What a great technique, your card is beautiful. Love yesterdays too 😊
    Enjoy your weekend, and have fun at the craft show ☺️
    Karen, hope you’re enjoying your day in London, and enjoy the show tonight.
    Lilian, I hope you’re ok and not in too much discomfort after your visit to the dentist.
    Working this weekend, Marks got a gig tomorrow night in Andover, I might go but it’ll be a very late one!
    Have a good evening everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and all looking in.
    Both todays and yesterdays cards are gorgeous and even more stunning in “the flesh”. The colours you have used work perfectly together and your blending is fabulous. I am hoping to either get up early enough or get home from Pops early enough to finish my tissue paper one. I hope you and Paul do go for a night away. Both sound fun and you both need some relaxing time my lovely. It really was so good to see you yesterday. It made me feel so much better. Thank you again my lovely 😘
    I was planning on being home all day tomorrow but a man wants to come and pick up Pops boat. Both him and Mum loved spending weekends on the river or sea and it will be sad to see it go on one hand but they haven’t had it on the water for over 10 years so it won’t be there any more reminding Pop of that fact.
    I’m off to sleep now, hopefully! Sending hugs. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete