Friday 3 November 2023

Poppy z fold




Good Friday Morning Ladies,

From a very wet and very wild Gloucestershire!  I spoke too soon yesterday when I told our Sonia that the weather wasn't that bad here, heavy rain hit early afternoon and very strong winds followed quickly behind and got worse through the evening, we are forecast more rain and strong winds through today.  I do hope that you are all safe, dry & warm and have had no damage from storm Ciaran. 

Sue came over yesterday afternoon, so we had our first craft session in the new house!  I as usual spent more time procrastinating, the card that I wanted to make, which is a Hobbyart project was done in watercolours and I was looking through mine to see if I had the right colours, of course I don't have the exact colours but I think I will give it a go with what I've got,  who needs Hookers Green anyway?! 

So I ended up making a quick card instead,  a simple Z fold card, the stamped poppies are from the same stamp set as yesterday Painted Poppies,  I stamped the image and coloured it using Real Red alcohol markers,  I used a splatter stamp in the background to give some interest, added a stamped sentiment and finished the card with a black ribbon knot. 

I hope that you all have a fabulous Friday,

Love & hugs to all,

Sandra xxx 


4 comments:

  1. Lovely card and great that Sue came to visit
    It has been quite sunny here until the afternoon and then it started raining
    I made a start on a poppy card trying to be inspired by a background created by Janet Pring as explained on C&C Do I like it? Not sure and will have another look tomorrow
    Out dancing tonight Rueda - my favourite
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone.
    Lovely card Sandra, nice Sue could join you for some crafting.
    Weather not too bad here, raining and it's cold so stayed in today. No crafting done. Will have to start the antibiotics tomorrow, still in pain 😞
    Hope you all have had a good day and will have a good night.
    Take care and many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Your card is so pretty and you did it really quickly. Shame you didn’t have the right watercolour paints but a good excuse to buy missing ones as the card you wanted to make is beautiful. It was lovely to see you and craft with you yesterday. I hope the new dish washer arrives promptly and that you get the other picked up by the man who said he wants it. Safe safe my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and everyone.
    Sorry, checking in so late. Just hope everyone is safe and well and hasn’t been affected too much with all the storms around.
    Love this card. I have this stamp and it is so versatile. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation. Poppy's are so appropriate for this time of year and to me are just beautiful at any time. I just love that delicate petals and how they hold their heads up high.
    Sleep well everyone, good night love Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete