Sunday 13 May 2018

Your Challenge cards





Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all well and enjoying your Sunday, we have another amazing collection of challenge cards, there are a real variety of cards, each one very different, some of you have made the most amazing cards, Brenda's card is a real WOW, I love it, although I love all of the others too, just like being a mother I can't have favourites, I think we all do though! 
My cards have all been featured this week so I don't need to explain those, here we go with all of your amazing cards.......


Dannii
Dannii's card was featured on the blog too this week, its a beautiful card, that really shows the 'Petal Pair' embossing folder at its best.
Thank you so much Dannii for making time to take part in this weeks challenge.
XXX


Brenda
Brenda WOW, is all I can say, I  absolutely love this design, I love everything you have used and the Ombre effect that you have achieved with those Distress Oxide inks is STUNNING!
Here is Brenda's description:
"I started off with a piece of pearlised card which brush with Distress Oxide, Worn Lipstick and Wilted Violet. The embossing folder is a Crafters Companion one it has dies set into it, hence the raised butterflies, I put sticky paper under the butterflies and sprinkled glitter on to give a little bit more sparkle. The stamp is Honey Doo Floral Posy. I managed to make it fit into the aperture by cutting around some of the flowers with a scalpel."
Thank you so very much for taking part Brenda.
XXX


Janet




Janet, two gorgeous, luxurious cards from you this week, embossing mirror card always gives an amazing result, look how deep that emboss is too, the Gemini is the best isn't it?!                        With so much gorgeous detail these cards need little embellishment, Janet has added the perfect finishing touches.  Both of the embossing folders are Crafters Companion 3D folders.
Thank you so much Janet for two gorgeous cards.
XXX

Lilian

Lilian has used the Stampin Up 'Fluttering' Embossing Folder, highlighting the detail with graduated shades of Blue and Green ink, such a gorgeous card Lilian. Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge.
XXX

Val

Val has made an amazing Music themed card, I love that embossing folder Val, you have added just the right amount of embellishments, the monochrome theme works perfectly too.                         Thank you so very much for taking part.
XXX

Lynda



Lynda, you chose this weeks challenge and a fantastic challenge it has turned out to be, you have made 3 gorgeous Challenge cards, 
My challenge cards Crafters companion English rose 3D embossing folder,
No 2 CC 3D folder country garden
No 3 CC 3D embossing folder Recency swirls


Karen 



Karen has made 3 fantastic cards for this weeks challenge, Karen says the designs are simple but that was the point of the challenge, each of your cards has highlighted the detail in the embossing folder.  I love the third card, the Distress Oxide really shows every detail of that gorgeous folder.
Here are Karen's descriptions:

Here’s two extremely simple embossed cards The first one is on silver foil board Embossed and sanded back to reveal the silver The second is CE folder just embossed and added a Sizzix heart
3rd cc from me SW inked/brayered EF bed of roses (I can never tell with this folder which the embossed and which is the Denise’s!) Phill Martin sentiment cut with SW flag and Distress Oxide - Worn Lipstick The rose is a 3D layered die free from a magazine.

Thank you so much Karen for 3 amazing challenge cards.
XXX

Margaret
Margaret has used one of the gorgeous Apple Blossom Embossing folders for her challenge card, you have embellished your card beautifully. The little touch of green really enhances your design Margaret. Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge.
XXX


Michele




Michele has made 4 cards for this weeks challenge. I have to say Michele I really like the all white look, you have used a lovely selection of embossing folders that I am not going to try and guess the names of.  I love how you have used one to make a Christmas card, even though it isn't a festive design.          I love the three flowers on the last card too, with that sweet embossed sentiment, a true completely embossed card.
Thank you so much for taking part Michele, despite having a very stressful week,
XXX

Val. S



Val (Stoker) has made two fantastic embossed cards for this weeks challenge, the first is a super cute card featuring a 'purrfect' cat and fab paw print embossing folder.
Val's second card is absolutely beautiful, I really love that embossing folder Val and you have highlighted it beautifully, your simple embellishment is perfect.
Thank you so very much for taking part.
XXX

Lorraine
Lorraine your Tatty Teddy card is just so adorable, you have coloured the Teddy perfectly with your pencils, it really looks like he has texture, adding Glossy Accents to the balloon was a genius idea too.
I really appreciate you taking time to take part in the challenge each week.
XXX

Ladies, thank you all so very much, I know some of you have had a really busy or trying week, so the fact that you still managed to take part was an incredibly kind gesture.

I hope that you all enjoy the rest of your Sunday, I am off to think about next weeks challenge.

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx


16 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    WOW what a fab selection of cards this week and so many too. I've had to ask for the extra boards to be erected so they all could be displayed in the CAFE. It's also lovely to see one or two new crafters too.

    Not sure what's happening here today. The sun is shining but it feels slightly chilly at the moment so it's a wait and see morning.

    The CAFE is OPEN (usual hours). Lunch today is Roast Pork so please place your orders asap. I've set one or two tables outside hoping it will get a little warmer.
    For Afternoon Tea there are cream scones in the fridge and choc muffins too. Don't forget that everything in here is calorie free.lol

    HUGS are on their way to you all. Have a really good day. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ladies

    WOW-what a fantastic selection of challenge cards this week. All so different but all for the same challenge. Lynda-great idea, thank you.

    Sandra-totally forgot to list the embossing folders I’d used. The silver card is an All occasions folder, the the other Christmas one is a Cuttlebug swirly Circle Folder. The Happy Birthday one is either Cuttlebug or unbranded and I have no idea about the flower one.

    We have sunshine here and lovely blue skies. Perfect as I have a lot of washing to go out. Will do the minimum of housework this morning then I can either spend some time in the garden weeding or head up to my craft room.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super selection of cards from your ladies today Sandra, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ladies.
    Lots of lovely cards today. All so pretty, can't pick a favourite but yes Sandra, Brenda's is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for us this week Sandra.
    Just got in from the Market with a trolley load of fruit and veg. Its so cheap there, well worth going. Also bought myself a couple of pair of knee length leggings. I got a black and a white pair as they go with anything.
    Going up for a shower now and then we're out for lunch.
    Hope everyone is feeling well today. Hugs to all.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another WOWSER week They are all lovely I am particularly taken with MICHELE’s Christmas one and the flower one
    I love the idea of VAL’s piano one I’m thinking I could substitute a dancer for my Salsa friends
    Great idea LYNDA - thank you
    It made me look at my embossing folders and use them which is something I forget to do
    Will be off to food shop soon and maybe go Salsa dancing this afternoon with daughter and Oscar
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Sandra & Ladies
    WOW WOW such gorgeous array of Challenge cards this morning BRENDA love your card the embossing folder/Die is lovely. But everyone's CC are all beautiful. SANDRA thank you for useing my embossing folder Challengexx
    Last evening we was sitting watching a film with patio door open & this really big Frog juped in Bailey was first to investigate CU went to pick it up but it jumped out of his hands & went behind the settee & down behind the radiator. Terry eventually caught it after over half an hour It was really big he put it over next doors fence as they have a pond.
    Well must get a shower as we are going to Lisa's for dinner so that will be nice & seeing no one grandson he is so tall now at 13 just wonder how tall he will be when he stops growing.
    Get back when we get home.
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh truck! I’m glad CU was able to get rid of it I don’t think my OH would have been so brave

      Delete
  7. Hi Sandra and all this Sunday.
    Wonderful,lovely EF cards from you all. You all have made a fantastic show of cards. Mine are still sitting in the kitchen half made I'm afraid. Totally forgot the day and yesterday was not a good day but hope to put them together for someones birthday as I have quite a few the next coming months. Loved Simon and the cards yesterday and Lynda, your work is amazing. Love what you made.
    Looks like another day of rain here so just going to take it easy. Mug of tea and a sandwich first.
    Have a nice day everyone. Many hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    First I have to say a big thank you to LYNDA for coming up with the embossing folder idea. I have quite a few embossing folders and forget to use them, but this challenge has open my eyes just how brilliant they are. Every card this week is just so inspiring,
    I love how Michele has used the three flower strips.
    Karen I love the clean lines of your white card with a heart on.
    Val’s card is ingenious using the music EF and creating a keyboard.
    Lillian Love how you’ve given your embossing folder such a beautiful rainbow effect.
    Janet your EFs look gorgeous on the mirror card.
    Margaret your card is beautiful, so clean and fresh looking.
    Lynda I love all of your cards, I think the first one is my favourite.
    Val S my favourite card is the one with the paws on.
    Lorraine love your tatty ted card.

    I hope everyone has a good day, love and hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your card is spectacular I love the idea of creating an aperture

      Delete
  9. Hi All, sunny but still quite chilly here.

    Great lot of cards, all so different, but really inspiring.

    Planting out small plug plants to day, they were half price.

    Lovely crafts yesterday, sorry I forgot to drop in.

    We have painter starting tomorrow,doing the outside, so have to move all my pots.

    Have a lovely Sunday all, hugs Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Margaret Palmer13 May 2018 at 16:32

    Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra what a great collection of cards on sale today, lovely to see Danni, Val S & Lorraine joining in, hope we see more of your cards.xxx
    Lynda thank you for suggesting this challenge to Sandra, it was a great idea I just wish I had had more time to do some more, your 3 cards I love.xxx
    Janet I will definitely be trying embossing mirror card, they are lovely.xxx
    Lilian love the way you have used the colours, good luck with planting.xxx
    Brenda yours is a beautiful card, love the effect.xxx
    Karen your cards are simple design but I love the black & silver one in particular, clever idea.xxx
    Val your's is perfect for somebody who loves music. Hope DIL & Son are holding up OK & of course you & Lynn.xxx
    Michele your 4 cards are great I was going to use the Christmas one but ran out of time, I like the way you have used gems on the snowflakes, may just have to copy with your permission. Hope FIL is comfortable when you see him.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret Palmer13 May 2018 at 16:33

      Should read show!!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Margaret for asking about my DIL. She's due to have her op on 18th. We'll be skyping her and my son as we do most Sundays.
      Hope you've had a good day and the weathers been kind to you.
      Also hope Sue is enjoying her holiday.x

      Delete