Wednesday 25 September 2024

My Beautiful Birthday card from Lilian

 


Good Wednesday Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you all enjoyed a drier day yesterday,  we were very lucky,  we had typical September weather,  Lucy fancied a trip to the lovely garden centre that we discovered back in July, I particularly love their reduced plant section,  we picked uo some absolute bargains last time and they are still thriving,  I only picked up 3 this time, one of which was a Christmas Cactus (I think thats what it is)  I remember when we were first going out we used to go and stay at his parents and I stayed in his bedroom ( he had to stay in with his brother as although we lived together, sleeping in the same bed before we were married was forbidden 🙄🤣) anyway he had the same cacti on his window sill along with money plants,  I can still see them now stood in 'Vitalite' margarine tubs🤣. This cactus was reduced to £1,  so I couldn’t resist,  I'm glad I did as Paul's face was  picture, he said 'oh I had these on my windowsill at Mum's '  lets hope it survives. 

Today I am sharing the beautiful card that Our Lilian made for me for my birthday.  The stamp is a Tim Holtz stamp,  Lilian has stamped and embossed that gorgeous floral bouquet onto Kraft card, then adding the colouring that brings this image to life, the white flowers with dark pink centres really stand out against that gorgeous green foliage.  A real wow card.  I absolutely love my card Lilian,  you have inspired me to have a go with my large floral TH stamp too.  Thank you so much XXX

I hope that you all have a lovely day, 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lilian Just beautiful
    We have miserable weather still I did suggest to OH that we go out for the day - the only day in the week we’re both free! But he’s injured his foot and can barely walk! So after a bit of pottering about I will be crafting
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra and all looking in.
    Lilian, I’ve seen your beautiful card and as always your colouring is perfect xx
    Sandra, glad you and Lucy got some lovely plants again. I have just one “Christmas” cactus that my Gran gave to us when Chris snd I moved in to our first home in London when I was 18. I have repotted and divided it many times but it still continues to flower for most of the year apart from the last couple of months then it will bloom again at the end of October / beginning of November so I’m not sure what variety it really is but Gran called it a Christmas cactus. Good luck with all of your new plants xx
    We are having a wonderful time with Mums cousin Gail. There has been lots of talking, much laughter and some tears. We all wish she could stay with us for much longer. I hope you are all ok. Take care. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete