Saturday 28 September 2024

Mixed up Saturday: Karen edition!


 

Good Saturday Morning Ladies,

Hopefully today will stay dry,  as we are off to visit the Tipi that Becca haa booked for her wedding,  the have events where you can see it all set up for a wedding,  we are picking Matt up to as he us doing all of the sound and lighting for the wedding,  so he needs to see what he has to work with.  It will be nice to go out with the my older two for a change.

Poor Becca's appointment for Hydrotherapy wasn't great, she was hoping for answers but go none and the physiotherapist was in the pool so i couldn't ask questions,  she hated the unisex changing rooms with curtains that don't cover the gap,  she ended get dressed in the disabled toilet as there were only men in the pool changing area when she was there. She wasn't a happy girl when she came out, I will go with her to her other physio appointment next week. 

Karen's Craft Day Projects




Karen had her Crafting with Josie workshop last Saturday and these are the lovely projects that she made.  It sounded really well organised and a lot of fun, the stamping tutorial was on Masking, whicb is a really useful thing to practise, it's more time consuming but well worth the extra effort,  some stamps now come with a mask included, Taylored Expressions do for sure, I actually don't mind stamping into the masking paper and fussy cutting,  as they do last a few uses, its just if you were making a quick card it's more of a faff.  
I love the Christmas wreath you made, it made so much more sense doing that in the morning,  mine got ruined in the car on tbe way home last time. 
That lantern stamp is lovely and I love your cards. 


The highlight of these worksops is definitely the incredible lunch/ afternoon tea that you get.  There is some much in it and everything is from a bakery and tastes delicious.  It lasted Paul and I two days last time.  I will hopefully manage to make it to the next one.  





The bonus with a 'Crafting with Josie' workshop is that her partner is 'Mr' Every Crafts A Bargain'!  So you have to do a bit of shopping,  it would be rude not too 😉 🤣
You got some lovely bits, I have to say that tbose 8 inch scissors were a bargain £2.99 !! 

Thank you so much for sharing your craft day photos with us,  its so lovely to see what you did xxx
Karen's New Bathrooms 




The new sink & the recessed Bathroom Cabinet 






Heated Towel rail & Floating toilet, everything is Floating to make it easier to clean the floor!


All singing all dancing shower and tray The rainfall can be angled and the other has 4 settings all of which you can adjust the flow etc


And the en-suite aka Karen’s bathroom or Oscar’s bathroom. 

WOW Karen you must be so pleased with your new bathroom & Ensuite, it looks like a fancy 'high end' hotel.😍
Some absolutely genius features like the recessed cabinet with the charging point in,  having the storage under the sink is a clever idea too.  Having everything floating so that you can mop round without getting behing the toilet & sink pedestal is such a brilliant idea too.

The main shower looks lovely, I wouldn't be using the rainfall part though, I was excited to try it in the hotel in france but it was quite fierce and I felt like I was drowning 🤣😂, Paul enjoyed if though. I prefer to wash my hair and soap myself up then take the shower head off the wall to rinse off all of my important little (or not so little)places!! 🤣😅😂

Your ensuite is lovely,  even better that its mostly just for you !  I love the little recessed areas for storage, having the contrasting tile in the recess looks great too.  

Thank you so much for making our Saturday post so entertaining,  it's all about Karen today ! 😊         thanks for all the photos my lovely XXX 

I hope that you all have a good Saturday, 

Love & hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx 

4 comments:

  1. Morning
    Thank you for allowing me to share my things
    We do have a few teething problems with the new bathrooms but Cheyne is so accommodating that it’s quickly sorted Like you Sandra I’m not keen on the rainfall one but you can decrease the flow rate on this one The day at Josie’s was lovely It was such a nice day to just relax with fellow crafters
    I feel so sorry for Becca I thought they’d done way with mixed changing rooms Many physios cannot/are not allowed to provide many answers She really needs to get in touch with the doctor I hope the visit to see the Tipi goes well and like you say it’ll be good to be out with your 2 eldest
    The saying sums crafting up beautifully
    OH is at Chelsea today So I am definitely crafting I have a couple of bits prepared that need finishing
    Take care everyone xx
    Thinking of you Brenda and hope you’re home soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love the cards you made Karen at Josie's workshop. Where is it being held ?
    Beautiful bathroom and ensuite. I'm not keen on the waterfall showers either, the ones I have tried hurt too much.
    Love the saying, so true.
    Hope you have a good day out with the elder ones 😊
    Glad you had a nice holiday Sonia, shame it goes so quickly.
    Sending hugs to our Brenda and hoping that you are better.
    Janet, lovely to hear from you. Hoping that you are alright, sending hugs to anyone in pain today, take care.
    We managed a little walk this morning. Not far and slowly it went but it was nice being out for a while in the lovely sunshine . Have some clearing up to do, other than that I will not be doing much today.
    Have a good day everyone, many hugs to you all. Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in. Such true words and ones I should remind myself of when I am crafting, particularly at the moment! I hope you had a lovely time with Becca and Matt. Chris always dreamed of having a Tipi tent for our Scout group but they cost a fortune. They are very popular for events though.
    Karen your cards are beautiful and the lunch looks as delicious as usual. And look at the bathrooms. They are fabulous. I bet the boys enjoyed looking at them. I dream of having all floating fittings in the bathrooms. I think it partly comes from when I used to clean a local pubs toilets both in the bars and also in each of the 12 bedrooms on Saturday and Sunday as a young teenager as one of my weekend jobs xx
    Brenda, thinking of you dear friend xx
    I hope you all had a good day. Takecare. Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, everyone, we had sun again today managed to sit outside for an hour this afternoon.
    Karen, love your cards, the bathroom are super, love the idea of being able to clean all the floor easily.
    Lunch box looks delicious, no good for me I’m desperately trying to loose another £4 ,then that will be 4stones. Hopefully I shan’t need any more biopsies.
    Shopping looks good also
    Brenda do hope your are feeling better, and will home soon.
    Have a good evening all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete