Sunday 16 February 2020

Your 'Sentiment' Challenge Cards





Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

From a 'Wild,Wet & Windy' Wiltshire !!  Dennis really has been a menace,, the winds sounded worse than last weekend even though they weren't meant to be, trees that just got away with being blown over last weekend look like they aren't going to survive this one. I have everything crossed that you all stay safe and dry xxx

Karen came up with the idea of making cards with the 'Sentiment as the focal point' challenge for last week and I have loved it, judging by the amazing cards that I received you all seemed to enjoy it too, I looked back through some older challenge cards to see if I could find some from those of you that aren't in a position to make cards right now, as most of us have made cards like this without even thinking about it.  Anyway enough of my waffle, here are your cards......


Brenda



Three absolutely stunning cards from Our Brenda, the first is a gorgeous Birthday card, I am in love with that sentiment Brenda, at first I thought it was die cut with gold card behind but it is actually A stamped and gilded sentiment!  It works so well with Mint Macaron card too.
Brenda's second card is features stamps from Inkyliscious, I love your layout for this card, that embossing folder is lovely, I love how you have the clear space to stamp into.
Brenda's final card is a perfect 'Man' card or with a change of sentiment it would make a good Pass Your Driving test card for Ladies or men. I love how you can personalise it with the map background.

Thank you so much Brenda for 3 amazing Challenge cards XXX  




Janet




It looks like Janet loved this Challenge theme as she has created 4 amazing cards,  I love that vintage look that they all have, the floral images really lifts the vintage style look, giving a little bit of brightness. I'm not sure what that set of sentiments are Janet but I would love to know as they are just fantastic and I would love some in my stash, they are so useful and work brilliantly with your LaBlanche papers.

Janet's Description:
" The cards are made :- The toppers are from LEBLANCHE. The sentiments are from a little book I bought some years ago and I cannot remember whose they are."

Thank you so much Janet for 4 incredible cards XXX




 Karen



3 Fabulous cards from Our Karen for this Challenge, all completely different, all have Karen's genius 'personal touch'. The first card would be a perfect card for Our Michele !!😜😜 I imagine that it's a perfect card for a lot of people, we certainly used to always open a bottle of Friday evening, not so much these days, I do still enjoy the taste of a glass of Merlot or Shiraz but sadly it doesn't seem to like me anymore, I expect it's the drugs I take!!
What a perfect personalised card (number 2) for a Bridge player, Karen I swear that you could make these up and sell them, amazing idea
Your third card is just so cute, the addition of those 2 tiny hearts make the card!

Karen's Description:

Card (1)
I wasn’t intending to submit this one but I suppose the sentiment is the main focal part
I took a photo of a friend’s T-shirt with this saying last year determined to use it on a card
Background is stamped with freebie stamps The topper was created on Serif The wine glasses stamped and die cut from the same freebie set from a magazine



Card (2) "I saw the saying on GOOGLE and just copied it The playing card suits are on ScanNCut basic shapes " Card (3) "This is a very simple card which took me three times to stamp as I kept getting dirty marks on the card!
It’s an Inkiliscious stamp set and a freebie heart Background is a piece of card edged in fired brick DO
I was running out of time and this will be OH Valentine card"
Thank you so much Karen for 3 fantastic and very inspirational cards XXX


Lilian 


Another absolutely amazing Challenge card from Lilian, I'm not quite sure how you did it but your coloured background is so lovely, you can see the texture as well as the colour!  
I would also like to congratulate you on using your Cricut, If you are anything like me it sits gathering dust most of the time!  I love the sentiment that you have created, the bonus with the circuit is you can now cut this in any size you fancy.  I get so mad at myself for not using mine, I have a lot of the cartridges too.  I think I might have to look them out this week.
Lilian used the Fine Glitter card from the Range to cut her sentiment from, cutting a Black mat to make it stand out from that beautiful background.
Lilian has finished the card by creating that lovely stamped frame.

Thank you so much Lilian for taking part in this weeks Challenge XXX

Lynda

I thought I would add in a couple of Lynda's cards that work perfectly for this Challenge, the other reason I chose these two cards is that they have Lynda's AMAZING backgrounds, I know that sometimes when life gets in the way of your crafting you can forget how incredibly talented you are, Lynda your speciality has always been creating stunning backgrounds as these cards show.  I really can't wait until you are back in your Craft Chair making a huge mess and turning out lots of Lynda 'Masterpieces' !!
Thank you so much for being a wonderful friend and an amazing inspiration XXX

Maria


OOOOH Maria, Your cards are both AMAZING!!  Your Groovi card that you started at our Watford meet up has turned out so Beautiful, I love how you have coloured it, the flower wreath just 'pops' and the sentiment is perfectly simple, you must be SO pleased with how it turned out!!
Maria's second ''Eclipse'' card was started at Watford too, we were playing with Distress Oxides, I love how that background turned out and using it as an Eclipse card means that you get to see every part of it.
Thank you so much my lovely for two STUNNING Challenge cards XXX


Margaret

I absolutely love this card that Margaret made, the sentiment really does 'pop' and that Blue is just so vibrant.  
I can't wait to see you making cards again Margaret.  
Thank you so much for such an inspirational card XXX 


Michele


Two fantastic Challenge cards from Our Michele this week, both using the same die but both look completely different, showing how versatile one die can be, I love seeing inspiration like that because we often buy a die because we have seen a card that it has been used to make, we then make our version of that card and don't use it for anything else.  
I will definitely do that as a challenge again as I think it gets us thinking about the vast pile of dies that we never get around to using again. 

Michele's Description:
"2 challenge cards. Frame Die is from eBay & background papers are from my stash. Happy Birthday Die is also from eBay, Thanks Die is from Craftipotential."

So thank you Michele for two amazing, inspirational challenge cards XXX

Pat 

Pat made this lovely Groovi card that has the 'Birthday' sentiment as the main feature last year.  Pat made the background with Distress Oxide inks, blending them to create a colourful background to show off the detail of that Groovi work.

Such a lovely card, thanks for sharing Pat XXX

Sue 

Sue also started this Stunning Groovi card for the 'Sentiment' Challenge while we were at Watford, she created the design by taking elements from different Groovi plates, which is an art in itself.
I love how your card turned out Sue, its gorgeous, I am so pleased that you have simply placed it on the Red Velvet card background , it just 'WORKS' !  I hope you love it too.
Thank you so much for taking card my lovely XXX


Ladies, what can I say?!  You have blown me away once again.
Karen thank you so much for such a great Challenge idea, you must be thrilled with the response XXX.

I hope that you a enjoy the rest of your weekend,  we are off to Stamperama Stevenage today, which I am really looking forward to, I have craft show withdrawal symptoms!!

Sending love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx


4 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Such a great selection of challenge cards today, especially the Wine card from Karen. It certainly would be perfect for me!!!

    We went into Liverpool yesterday morning before the weather was too bad. Had a pleasant time & the shops weren’t busy. Called in the village on our way home to stock up on supplies for the weekend. I spent some time in my craft room i n the afternoon then we watched a film in the evening.
    We have strong winds today but it’s stopped raining-there was very heavy rain overnight. Housework to do this morning then possibly more crafting.

    Have fun whoever is going to the craft show today.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what can I say! Your cards are truly amazing ladies and I feel very humbled that you wanted to take part Thank you
    Just having breakfast and waiting for lift to go to Stamperama I don’t intend to get much (ha!) But I think I feel a bit like SANDRA with Craft show withdrawal
    I hope none of you had any damage caused by Dennis Let’s hope it’s like every man and doesn’t last long
    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Everyone
    Fantastic results for this week's Challenge.
    Thank You KAREN for suggesting it.

    We had extremely high winds and rain yesterday afternoon and evening but things seem to have calmed down this morning.Everything crossed that it stays that way.

    The CAFE is OPEN and the lunch menu is Roast Chicken so place your orders please.
    HUGS are winging their way to you all.Please take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra and ladies today in the cafe'.
    Wow, I love all the cards on show today. Just look how many for this challenge so a big thank you to Karen for coming up with it. You have a great day at Stamperama the ladies who are going. OH have football so I didn't have any lift for this time but hope to see you next time.
    Karen- love the sentence on the first card.Must have a look into Serif again.
    Brenda- a beautiful stamp on your first card, can I ask where it is from ? lovely cards.
    Sue- love the Groovi and that you made it into a x-mas card.
    Lilian- you always makes such gorgeous cards.
    Janet- four lovely cards. Very nice papers used.
    Michele- great cards and I love the Frame die you have used. Oh I so wish I can get to a Craft show soon, it's getting harder and harder and I know it is another one next weekend but too far for me so it probably will be NEC for me. Michele- are you coming down this year ? Know it is a long way for you tho.
    Pat- hope you have a good time in Colchester. Drive safe.
    Lynda- so good to hear you getting there. Take care and big hugs for you and CU x
    Went out this morning for breakfast and then some food shopping. Rain is pouring down, so raw but thankfully the wind is gone. Did sit here tho to 3am this morning for it was no change to get any sleep with the noise from the wind and OH snoring Lol
    Hugs are flying to each and one of you who are looking in the "cafe" ,come and sit down for a chat and give Sandra a little comment for all the amazing work she and the other ladies are making. It only take a minute and it would be lovely to get to know you better too.
    Have a nice day everyone. Hugs, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete