Saturday 8 February 2020

Mixed Up Saturday featuring Michele's magazine Review




Good Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you are all well and enjoying the weekend, fingers crossed that Storm Ciara passes without causing too much mayhem. 

We had an absolutely lovely day at Watford yesterday, we had a lovely lunch followed by some crafting, the hotel were kind enough to let us take over a big table in their restaurant, you could see them looking over from time to time, wondering what on earth we were all doing.
It was just lovely to catch up with everyone, it has made me more determined to organise an overnight stay meet up so that more of you can come and join us. 

I recently bought some Groovi things from a lovely lady called Sue on Facebook, I messaged her again on Thursday and we just got chatting, talking about crafting and the things that we have bought but don't use as often as we should etc, you know when you just 'click' with some one, anyway Sue shared a photo of a card that she made using Brusho's and it absolutely blew me away, it is STUNNING, so I asked her if it would be ok to share it on the Blog today, which she was kind enough to agree to.  I can already tell you Sue that I showed your card to ladies I met up with yesterday and they were amazed too, I think some of us have had 'mixed success' with Brusho's!
I hope you manage to stop by today Sue so that you can read what everyone thinks of your card.
Thank you so much for allowing me to share it today, I have no doubt that you will have inspired a few of us to get the Brusho's out to have another play! xxxx


Janet

Janet had included this incredible Owl plaque in her email with her Challenge cards, so I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity of sharing it today.

I will share Janet's description below:

"The Owl plaque is from MADHATTERs and madefrom MDF. I used a stencil from AALL & CREATE. I used Crafter's Companion SPECTRUM NOIR pens to colour."

He is just magnificent Janet and I absolutely LOVE that AALL & Create stencil, in fact I love all of their stencils as there is so much detail in them, I am really wanting to have a go with a Gel Plate/press too.
Thank you so much for sharing Janet xxxx


Michele's Magazine Review


Hi Sandra

Papercraft Essentials has a fabulous kit fre this month.





Here’s the first of 3 photos showing what you can make using the free gift.





Ideas for men.






More ideas.





An interesting article on creating a striped background using stamps.






Don’t these look great-perfect for a special occasion.







Interesting feature on coloured texture paste.




That’s all for this week,
Happy Crafting

Thanks Michele for another fantastic magazine Review,  there are some fantastic features, Man cards are something we can always use inspiration for! !  The coloured Texture Paste is a great feature too.
Thanks so much Michele for another great magazine review xxx


That's all for today ladies,  I hope that you all enjoy the rest of your weekend, I am really looking forward to seeing all of your Vintage/grunge Challenge cards tomorrow. 
Stay save in these high winds.

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxxxx



6 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    Well it's another very cold start to the day here but at least it's dry.

    Thank you for sharing my Owl SANDRA. I must say that he was an impulse purchase as I was watching the programme and really loved everything that was being shown. I haven't any idea where he's going to live but at the moment he's sat on the piano lol.
    As usual I'll be popping into WHS this morning to have a look and I need some refills for my fountain pen.

    The CAFE is OPEN -usual hours-so pop in for a cuppa and a chat.The usual goodies will be available this afternoon.
    HUGS are on their way to you all with loads of extras for Dear Friends in need.Take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ladies

    Sue-WOW, your card is absolutely stunning, I just love the colours.

    Janet-love your owl, he’s great.

    We have a bright clear day so far-the forecast for Storm Ciara tonight isn’t goon though. I’m off into Southport this morning then I have a few afternoon which might be spent in my craft room then we’re off out for a meal tonight with friends.

    Hope you all enjoyed the meet up yesterday...any photos???


    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday was lovely I enjoyed it so much having a play with Groovi and then moving around to the “messy” side and experimenting with inks The hotel are very accommodating
    Your card is gorgeous SUE I don’t have Brusho’s but I wonder if PP’s would work .... I hope we see you and more of your work in the cafe
    Your plaque is beautiful JANET On top of the piano sounds perfect
    Thanks MICHELE for the review
    Off to “pre treat” the living room carpet now in anticipation of OH cleaning it after his PARKRUN and then off to the shops to buy food for a family lunch tomorrow celebrating OH’s mums birthday in her memory
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning all.
    A wonderful card Sue, I just love the stamp and then you amazing Brusho colouring work. Thank you for showing it for us and I hope you can join us in the cafe' again.
    Janet, I Love your Owl plaque !
    Michele, thank you for the mag review. Some really nice things in there. Don't think any of us took any photos this time Michele,will have to take some next time.
    Not doing much at all today. Always after being out for the day like yesterday and not being home until 8pm, I just like to take it easy but will empty my bag later. A huge thank you to Pat, I'm now a owner of a Gemini 😊 Had to get help last night to get to the platform up the steps as the lift wasn't in use Lol
    Love and hugs to you all,xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good afternoon all.

    Sue here! Thank you Sandra for sharing my card, and thank you ladies for your lovely comments. I have to confess that I discarded a number of attempts before I managed the one I used - the card was inspired by a selly telly demo by Andy from Picture This (they produce the small bench stamp I used) and it was fun. The Brushos will be out again this weekend all being well (the imminent storm and no power cuts permitting) but I will be using them with my gel plates for backgrounds.
    I love your owl Janet, they are my favourite birds and we are lucky here to have a number of barn owls - it's quite soothing to hear them hooting when we're snuggled in bed.
    Hope everyone manages to stay safe tomorrow.
    Love to all and take care. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    I really thought I had left a comment earlier then thought I hadn’t commented on the cards etc. I must have been dreaming, because there isn’t anything from me on the blog - I had better correct that right now.
    SUE (Sandra’s new friend) I saw this beautiful card yesterday, at Watford, I absolutely loved it, you have used the Brushoos in a beautiful way to enhance the tree stamp, it could be covered in spring blossom, with fairy lights even become a Christmas tree. I would love to have this stamp.xx
    JANET I love your Owl plaque. My daughter would love this in her office, her school emblem is a wise owl, some years ago she had a meeting with the school council (children) and it was decided that an Owl would be great emblem.xx
    MICHELE Thank you for a great magazine review, xx
    Have a lovely evening everyone, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete