Good Monday Morning Ladies,
I hope that you are all well and relaxed after the weekend. I'm not so sure we could call ours 'relaxed', I have been talking about re-organising the Pantry since Christmas, I had no idea that it was going to take virtually a WHOLE day to do !! It is the size of a small room, in all honesty and it was FULL!
Paul and I had breakfast and cleared away, made room and started by taking everything out, which took a good couple of hours. I then spent another hour or so, cleaning containers, getting all of the 'half' packets of things together and putting them all in one container, how did I manage to have 3 half used packets of Icing sugar? that wasn't the only thing either, I think some of the things had got pushed to the back of shelves, out of reach.
It's a pleasure to walk in there now though, I keep going and having a look, appreciating all of the hard work, we bought some Shelf Raise Racks to make it easier to see things that are stacked up, the most exciting new addition is a 'Lazy Susan' for my Herbs and Spices, it was only £3.50 in Wilko's but my goodness it's brilliant, I have spent ages standing there lifting individual jars to look for a particular spice, now I simply spin it round! I have warned the girls not to get too carried away with the spinning or we may end up with our very own spice blend!!
Today's card is the first of two 'Pretty Grunge' Cards that I made last night, I made 'twin' cards for the girls birthday (still in shock that my babies will be twenty!!)
This one is mostly pink, the Distress Oxides I used were Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron, shaded Lilac & Peacock Feathers. I used the 'Smooshing' technique, after I laid the first colour layer down and dried it I used a cello bag to put the ink on and spritz, that way I could just add little dabs of colour in a more controlled way.
A Quick Tip : If you have used Distress Oxides for your background and want a less 'muted' colour use the matching original Distress Oxide to add little specks of colour here and there, it really lifts the colours.
The Stamp that I used is one that I bought from Val and 'Snazzy Studio' it's a Studio Light 'Grunge' stamp, I couldn't find it's name.
After I created my Background I put the stamp in my stamping tool as I knew I would need more than 1 impression because of the amount of black, I also added Clear Embossing Powder to this one.
I stamped the flower part onto another piece of Watercolour card that I had coloured with mainly pink shades, I then fussy cut it and then covered it with versamark and added more clear embossing powder to the whole flower.
I thought that this would make the flower stand out from the background a little more.
I mounted up onto Black and then Berry Burst card, to pick the pink out of the card.
I hope you like my card xx
I think that I am going to enjoy this challenge! I hope you do too x
I hope you all have a lovely day,
Love and hugs to all of you,