Wednesday 14 January 2015

Vintage Wednesday

Good Morning ladies,
Today's card was inspired by the flowers initially, I was looking through my box of roses and came across a different shade of pink.rose, it was more of a vintage pink, so I thought I would trawl through the ton of card stock in my craft room and find a shade that complimented, I decided on a well I am not sure how you would describe it really, more of a purply-pink, a blue-pink rather than red-pink, if you know what I mean! I then thought I would go for an off white/very pale cream accent card, anyway after that long winded description here goes.....
I cut my vintage pink card to Matt onto my 7x7 card base, then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Eternity Embossing Folder from Creative Expressions, designed my our amazing friend Sue Wilson, this time however I used my blue/grey plate instead of the pink plate with the red adapter
plate for embossing folders, the result as you may see in one of the close ups is that the extra pressure
Gave a distressed look to the card, with it being a 'Coredinations' piece of card it gave the same effect as sanding it, purely by accident, but I have to say I loved the effect and it added to the 'vintage' feel
of the card. I stuck thus to the base card with Cosmic Shimmer Glue, I then cut two sizes of the Spellbinders Floral Oval dies (one of my all time favourite Spellbinder die sets), out of the vintage pink colour card and the larger one out of the off-white colour and the a Spellbinder basic oval die cut out of the off white too.
I stuck a piece of off white (can't remember name of colour) Vintage Seam Binding ribbon from Creative Expressions, across the centre of my card and put a detailed pearl strip across the ribbon for extra detail. I then stuck the first (large ) oval in the centre of the card and stuck it down using several laters of foam tape/pads for height and dimension, I previously had sat and die cut loads and loads of  foliage using a few different dies from Impression Obsession, they have a fab range of little fern dies that give great detail.
I used the foliage I had cut and the roses and arranged them to curve around the oval
Hint: I always arrange the flowers/foliage without any glue, so that I can get the right composition.
I used Pinflair Glue Gel ( Sorry Steph) to stick them as this also gives you a little extra wiggle room.
I Stamped the sentiment onto off -white oval. Matted that onto the Vintage Pink Floral Oval and then used foam tape to stick to the larger oval.  I finished the card by using some more of the seem binding to tie a 'messy bow' and topped it with a little pink flower and a bit of foliage.
I also added a section of Creative Expressions Pearl
 Swirls both top left and bottom right of the centrepiece, they are a little difficult to see on here but they just add that finishing touch.
Oh and a couple of stick pins, just standard ones this time though!
I would love to hear your comments, they really do make my day, especially days like today and

yesterday when I was feeling really low, those messages really did help me through the day, so please accept my thanks, it's genuinely heartfelt, they may only be words to some, but to me they are a life line.
We are kind of 'back to normal' tonight, yay! Someone else can take the responsibility of looking after the kittens etc. Mind you as soon as Paul got in the door he was bombarded with different requests, he ended up being home about half hour before he was back out with our eldest daughter Becca as she is learning to drive.
Well I am wondering if we will see snow tonight as forecast, fingers crossed, I love it, although I know it's not particularly practical it's so pretty and fun for the children, Matt (my son) has list his enthusiasm for it though as he said that if it lays on the ground he has yo be up at four a.m. To clear snow at Oxford airport!
Well that's me off for a shower ladies, I look forward to your stories tomorrow, take care and wrap up
warm, or be like me and stay indoors!
Warm Hugs to you all,
Sandra xxxxxx

28 comments:

  1. Good morning Sandra. What a beautiful stunning card with all that gorgeous flowers and foliage. Well we haven't had to much snow here, but I bet 7 miles along the road at work there will be a lot more, going away to check to see if schools are open or not. I will have to be onstand by all day if the girls go to school this morning incase I have to go get them. Take care, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hazel,
      I had my fingers crossed all day hoping the snow hadn't settled too deep for your journey and that you were stood down and could relax!
      it is raining and blowing a gale here right now! Mind you I can only just hear it over the Walrus that is SNORING beside me! haha
      huge warm hugs
      Sandra xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Sandra. Sorry I didn't comment yesterday - I had connection problems! Don't know if it was something to do with the high winds but it seems to be ok this morning. I loved yesterday's card - black and gold is so opulent. But today's stunner with all those delicate flowers and foliage is amazing. Thanks for the tips on where you get the dies for foliage. Glad that Paul's home and your life can get back to normal. Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, I am always glad to pass on any tips to save a few pennies on something useful! The more we save the more we can spend on more dies!
      hope the weather stayed mild for you,
      Hugs
      Sandra xxxx

      Delete
  3. Oh! My! Giddy Aunt! Sandra your card is amazing, I just LOVE it.
    That floral display is wonderful, a brilliant card.
    Hope all will be good for you today.
    Stay safe and warm

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia,
      Thank you for the lovely comment, I hope the snow didn't hamper your day too much, did you get any crafting done?
      Warm Hugs
      Sandra xxxx

      Delete
  4. Oh Sandra, this is amazing, love the vintage look and those flowers look fabulous.

    Glad our words help you, I am the same as soon as I come home from work I rush to my computer to see what comments I have they really lift you up don't they? I would love it if we could all live in the same area and get together for a craft day say once a month it would be so much fun.

    Anyway you take care and stay in thewarm.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacquie, Thanks for your lovely comment, you are so right, the comments make such a difference to the day.
      I too would love to have a huge craft session, it would be amazing everyone sharing their hints and tips, would be a perfect day!
      Warm Hugs
      Sandra xxxx

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandra
    Another stunner today. I just love how you arrange your flowers on a card. They always look fantastic. I'm glad that you are feeling much better, and that Paul is back home. It's a shame that he had to go straight out with Becca. Hope to see you and Mrs B next week. Crafty hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat, we need to sort out a day for next week, I missed you so much on Monday, it was a miserable day that seemed to last a week!
      Hope all your appointments and meetings went well and that you enjoyed your lunch out enjoy your club on today!
      hugs
      Sandra xxxx

      Delete
  6. Hi Sandra,
    You called yesterday's card Black and Gold Tuesday! Well I just had blackout Tuesday as we had no signal for most of the day!
    I love the card which I saw this morning! It's beautiful as is today's . You are making some truly lovely cards.
    Steph was asking about "brown specks" on card. My friend has been getting those but she thinks they are coming from the GC . She is very cross with it just now! Mine makes a horrid crunching noise and it sounds as if there's something loose inside. Hey ho!
    Hope Bella is ok.
    Hope you are feeling much better.
    Take care and keep making these gorgeous cards.
    Lots of love,
    Myra xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Myra,
      I suffered too with spots all over my plates that transferred to the card and it was oil from inside the machine, I had to get it replaced, Pat has just had the same problem and so did Sue, three of us in same craft group all had same problem, its so frustrating!
      if it continues tell your friend to contact Spellbinders direct, I have the email address of Customer Service if she needs it.
      hugs
      Sandra xxxx

      Delete
  7. Good afternoon my lovely Sandra,WOW WOW sooo very pretty I love it.
    The flowers,bow,colours all gorgeous I realy love your cards Sandra your design's are always stunning.
    With love & hugs Lynda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Sandra you've done it again. A stunner of a card. Im getting lost for words to describe what Im lucky enough to see everyday. You are truely a brilliant crafter.
    Like you, if im using quite a few flower's I always place them down first before I secure them,nothing worse than sticking them all down only to take a birds eye view, not like what you see by then its toooo late !
    Im so glad the GENUINE comments left from GENUINE people that really adore your cards and really care how you feel help you. Im not a believer of empty words, they mean nothing. And if you cant support those you really care for in blog land then who can you support that's what I say.
    So have a lovely 'normal' day stay warm and happy, and hopefully if you feel well enough you will make me smile again tomorrow.
    Take care.
    Lancashire Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Steph, I can't tell you as there are no words enough to explain how the lovely comments of you lovely bunch of friends has helped me.
      I think for all of us that struggle in different ways, some physically, some mentally and people like me who are unique enough to suffer both (lol) find January a very tough month, it seems so long and dark and somehow empty. That's where this blog has helped immensely, brightening some of the very darkest of days.
      So thank you my lovely friend, I just wish there was a way I could return all of the kindness,
      huge hugs
      Sandra xxx

      Delete
  9. Hello Sandra, A really beautiful card you had shown us today love the colour and your floral arrangements is gorgeous. I also would arrange the flowers before glueing them in place .
    Pleased Paul has returned home and maybe now you can relax. LOL
    Hope Becca is enjoying her driving lessons, I remember the freedom I felt once I passed my test - it was wonderful. Wish her all the best from me.
    Hope you are having a good day, take care, love Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you crafting mummy, I think Becca is enjoying her lessons but finding the four hours every day very tiring. I so hope she passes, gosh it costs so much these days, the cost of the test and lesson before is £150, so you cant afford to fail too many times, she pays £20 a lesson which is quite a good price, back when I learnt it was £4 an hour!
      hope you had a good day too,
      huge hugs
      Sandra xxxx

      Delete
  10. Hi Sandra. No surprise that you have made another gorgeous creation. Those flower arrangements that you do so quickly are always so beautiful, you really do have a natural talent. I never tire of looking at your cards and I missed seeing them "in the flesh" yesterday. I'm glad you're feeling better today now Paul is back. How is Bella doing? Take care my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you my lovely I missed you too, that was one very long day, we need to sort a day for next week.
      hope you are feeling better too,
      huggles,#
      Sandra xxxx

      Delete
  11. Wow Sandra Queen of the flower displays, you really are. Mine always look wrong even if I position them first.
    I think you get better everyday. I'll bore you again by saying your compositions are fantastic, you have a real eye for designing the cards.
    Keep going , hope you rest in between.
    Warm hugs Theresa (TOB)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa, firstly, you never bore me, I love your comments, thank you for taking the time to stop by, I love reading every word.
      Sending you gentle hugs, Sandra xxxx

      Delete
  12. Love the flowers they make for a pretty card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandra,
    It's me AGAIN!!! Sorry to bother you but I spotted a You Tube short video on the new GC machine you were talking about. It has been on display at the CHA , apparently and it is a manual machine at the moment but it looks really sturdy. When I say at the moment - they may bring out an adaptor kit which would mean it could be powered in furure. To be launched around June.
    Just thought you make like to take a little sneaky peek!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you Myra, I will go have a look, I was watching a Spellbinder show today on Create and Craft and Christine (I think her name is) is using the new Grand Calibur, the teal one that is supposed to be much better now that it has metal parts instead of plastic, but she still had to use a shim and turn the card around to get it to cut the die, the part that annoys me is the sell it as a A4 cutting area, but the only part that cuts properly are 1 inch width on either side of the plates! sorry Myra ran over, just want a proper reliable machine at the end of the day! I am now off to you tube, thank you my lovely xxxx

      Delete
  14. Check out hope and chances blog re above machine. Christine is featuring it today. Off to work. Bye xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Sandra
    I just love your cards this one is so pretty.Late again another bad day I nearly forgot to blog today my head is a mess. Love Tandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tandy, I so appreciate every time you do stop by so please don't feel like you need to apologise when you don't. I totally, honestly know where you are coming from with good days and bad, I have had a couple of bad days this week where I have waited until the girls left for school and then gone back to bed and wished the day away! I think there are quite a few of us out there suffering. Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble for stopping by, it really does mean the world to me, huge comforting hugs, Sandra xxx

      Delete
  16. Good morning Sandra,
    Oh this one is beautiful with the softer duskier colours in it and making it up. I love how you have off set the ovals to arrange the pretty roses and leafy parts in beside them. Pretty flower, really pretty.
    The new grand calibur that is coming out is called the platinum and it reminds of the Joy Trouvaille as the sides fold out and down but the workings of it is all metal with what looks like a sturdier handle and it looked white in colour from the clip i seen (2:30mins clip not the shorter one) on youtube, It is built along the lines of the big shot as it can now cut out leather and all that sort and takes the fat, steel edge dies but the lassie said that it was heavy so might not be something that we could humph around, on and off a table or desk.
    Anyway i will speak to you shortly flower,
    love and crafty hugs
    Norah (Glenochil)

    ReplyDelete