Sunday 11 January 2015

Fabulous Sunday!

Good Sunday morning Ladies,
Today's card is a mixture of Scandinavian dies and lovely Lyra of course, both dies sets from Creative Expressions, designed by our lovely Sue Wilson.
I actually don't own the lovely Lyra die, I used Sue (Mrs B's) die when we got together on
Wednesday.
I uses it to cut the top and bottom of a piece of what I would describe as a dark plum colour card,
I put a piece of cream card underneath, which covered my 8x 8 white card base, although I did grim a little off the bottom of the card before I Matt and layered.  Next I cut the largest layer of the Copenhagen dies in the Scandinavian range, I then cut the decorative layer in the plum card,  I stamped the sentiment onto the cream card using Seedless Preserves Distress ink that matched really well, I cut it out using the Stockholm centre piece, these dies mix and match so well!
I made three roses using the Classic Rose Dies by Creative Expressions, and mixed them with some paper roses from my stash, I mounted them on top of two of the Ivy die cuts again By CE,
I popped a little butterfly in the top corner with a pearl swirl trail.
Let me know what you think,  I love reading your thoughts and comments.
I will be doing another little post today, my youngest daughter Sophie ( younger by a whole hour and half) is doing GCSE Art and she drew a picture of a dinosaur yesterday, she would like you all to see it, Although it isn't strictly a card I think we can get away with it.
Hugs Ladies
Sandra xxxxx



















11 comments:

  1. Morning Sandra and all. Love how you've used Lyra to cut the top and bottom of the card, and it matches the Scandinavian set so well. Will pop back later to see the dinosaur. Have a lovely Sunday. Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra. Another stunner using the gorgeous Lyra die. It works beautifully with Sues other dies, she has carefully thought them all through so that you can mix and match them if you have the talent as you have : ) I love your little touches, the butterfly and pearl swirl are great. It will be good to see Sophies drawing. As you said before you would like your blog to be for everyone so it doesn't have to be just one thing does it. Once again, take care my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour is really striking!

    I have the Lyra die but not had chance to play yet!

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra, another stunning card, love the colours and how you have used that Lyra die along with the others. Will go and leave a comment on Sophie's drawing, Have a lovely day what ever you are doing. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra,
    What a lovely card! I particularly like how you have combined the dies and the Lyra is a firm favourite of mine. Your flowers and butterfly are beautiful as is the combination of all your elements. It's a big hit with me!
    Have a lovely Sunday,
    Love Myra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra, What a beautiful card, love the butterfly with the pearl swirl, and the gorgeous floral arrangement, it all works so well together.
    I love the Lyra Die it just works so beautifully, with the added bonus of two cutting edges. I have some cut outs on my desk, ready to be made into cards. But at the moment am happy to just look at them they are so gorgeous. (Sad or what )
    Thank you for showing us Sophie beautiful drawing she really is a clever girl, you are right to be very proud of her. You didn't say which year she is in. Our granddaughter is doing her mock GCSEs she had 10 hours to complete her art mock, spread over two days but she got there. Mocks actually finished last Friday, just waiting to see what the results are, then it's down to the real thing!!!!! Fingers crossed.
    Hope you are having a good day, take care, Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda,
      I know what you mean about just looking at the die cuts it's hard to take in how delicate they are sometimes!
      Sophie is in yeat 10 and doing the first year of GCSE Work, it's very intense, goo job she enjoys it x
      Hugs
      Sandra xxx

      Delete
  7. Good afternoon dear friend,
    oh how i love this die as it creates the most beautiful of cards and with the handmade roses it is so beautiful. I love the colour that you have made you card in and the ivy background to the flower corsage just gives it that source of reality. Stunning Sandra, truly stunning. thank you for showing your beautiful work of art of to us.
    Love and crafty hugs lovely friend
    Norah (Glenochil)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Afternoon Sandra. Another amazing card in a beautiful rich opulant colour- a real WOW for Sunday.
    Enjoy your day.
    Hugs.
    Lancashire Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sandra
    My you really do make these dies sing and no mistake your card is fabulous and the colours are so very rich indeed, by the way I do like this one too!
    You have one very talented daughter I can almost hear the roar from this animal of the past and she will only get better too. I am quite sure her best will be yet to come especially when she get to her exam finals. Please do tell her very well done from me.
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Sandra,stunning & the Gorgeous Lyra die,the colours you have used are really lovely & your layout is beautiful,with the flowers & butterfly.
    Sophie's drawing is amazing Sandra she is very talented.
    Love & Hugs my friend Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete